Why in the hell, won't this depression bout end. Two F'ing weeks now

last reply
11 replies
1.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
There is no easy answer to this question. Some people find medication helps. Some find peace in exercise and meditation. I myself, found comfort in writing, though I still have my moments. You may need to seek professional advice on this one.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Thank you,just having trouble. The State Trooper that was killed was a family friend. I am still in shock over it.
Bullet Club For Life
Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
OMG!!! I'm so sorry... that's never an easy thing to get over.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
thank you
Bullet Club For Life
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
As Nymphwriter says, sometimes it has to be professional help, even if the outcome is not what we were hoping for.

From what you've said, it is is cruel to expect yourself to come flying out of a crap attack so quickly. We cannot put a measure on grief or stress, nor count the seconds down until our average time is over. Oh, how I wish we could!

I will PM you a link to a piece I wrote about trying to get through crap attacks (there's no onus to actually read it!), just in case it helps. The overall mission for me is simply to Wait For A Better Day. I've had them before, so even when I haven't the energy to hope, I'm still there, Waiting. Better Day, it will come.

There are small things we can try to do to ease it. Posting here is great, because it indicates that you still have some fight in you. That is truly something to be proud of! Even if you didn't, making it through one second, and one second, and one second, and one second, is truly something to be proud of.

EDIT: I can't send you a message. I don't like this, but here it is:

Sorry to bother you.

There's not a lot we can do when we feel so low, I know. But perhaps, on slightly better days, there may be things you could do as an act of will to help you focus on during those times when you have no energy?

I use gingerbread men because they smile for me. I don't even always eat them, and sometimes I have to hide them because their smiles make me cry more. But they remind me to hold on for just a second more.

I won't be offended if you don't read my piece, but if you do, I hope it helps in some sort of way.

And do, if you are able, at least check in with your doctor, even if you don't take treatment. It's good to check in.

http://www.storiesspace.com/stories/musings/vsign-to-the-sunshine-stripy-socks.aspx

I wish you sunshine.

Love Daisy. heart

Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Lurker
0 likes
I'm SERIOUS...

Investigating PTSD...

(VERY INTERESTING condition...)

Most 'in the news' for what SOLDIERS experience, (and validly...) I acknowledge a different experience... A CIVIL (???) trauma that might also have serious if very similar echoes...

I see it in myself and in several friends who I talk to (Including Here...) about mental issues... The WEIRDEST thing about being Manic Depressive, (and I am...) is that it doesn't PRECLUDE you from being affected by other mental issues...

I'm DIAGNOSED Bi-Pi/Manic Depressive... (But I have been FUCKED UP NOW for MONTHS which isn't about that... THAT'S being CLINICALLY DEPRESSED... (Just LONELY as all fuck and not mostly able to REALLY TALK...)

Personally, I find INPUT and INTERACTION a great way to get out of the dark... (The SNAG is that you generally don't want/bother to do that...) I have REAL FRIENDS here... (All will say I've not been myself for quite a while...)

A post like this IS GOOD because you get responses from people who live with what YOU live with...

And in a way that surely helps...

(Even just to know IT'S A THING it's not all you ARE!!!)

I'm Mr Cyber Brilliant, here... (Haven't done that IN WEEKS!!!!)

I always tell myself it will pass...

So far it has... (This time I'm waiting... Waiting... WAITING...)

I have a SERIOUS business meeting on Tuesday. It WILL go well... But I STILL feel like I'm acting...

You FIGHT it every day... You FUCKING FIGHT IT...

(They are BASTARD DEMONS and they're not YOU...)

They go away. (Until next time...) Then you have to fight the FUCKERS again...

xx SF
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by stephanie

I'm SERIOUS...

Investigating PTSD...

(VERY INTERESTING condition...)

Most 'in the news' for what SOLDIERS experience, (and validly...) I acknowledge a different experience... A CIVIL (???) trauma that might also have serious if very similar echoes...

I see it in myself and in several friends who I talk to (Including Here...) about mental issues... The WEIRDEST thing about being Manic Depressive, (and I am...) is that it doesn't PRECLUDE you from being affected by other mental issues...

I'm DIAGNOSED Bi-Pi/Manic Depressive... (But I have been FUCKED UP NOW for MONTHS which isn't about that... THAT'S being CLINICALLY DEPRESSED... (Just LONELY as all fuck and not mostly able to REALLY TALK...)

Personally, I find INPUT and INTERACTION a great way to get out of the dark... (The SNAG is that you generally don't want/bother to do that...) I have REAL FRIENDS here... (All will say I've not been myself for quite a while...)

A post like this IS GOOD because you get responses from people who live with what YOU live with...

And in a way that surely helps...

(Even just to know IT'S A THING it's not all you ARE!!!)

I'm Mr Cyber Brilliant, here... (Haven't done that IN WEEKS!!!!)

I always tell myself it will pass...

So far it has... (This time I'm waiting... Waiting... WAITING...)

I have a SERIOUS business meeting on Tuesday. It WILL go well... But I STILL feel like I'm acting...

You FIGHT it every day... You FUCKING FIGHT IT...

(They are BASTARD DEMONS and they're not YOU...)

They go away. (Until next time...) Then you have to fight the FUCKERS again...

xx SF

Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Thanks everyone. I game, it helps me. Guess I have control over that world, and I can save people. Well most times, you can not save energy erroneous in Mass Effect 3, but you can get justice for them.
Bullet Club For Life
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Castle4coochie
Thanks everyone. I game, it helps me. Guess I have control over that world, and I can save people. Well most times, you can not save energy erroneous in Mass Effect 3, but you can get justice for them.

I hope u can find closure... well some closure because if this has affected u this badly I doubt it will ever completely leave.. through the apprehension of the murderous sod!
Meanwhile ..

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by hayley

I hope u can find closure... well some closure because if this has affected u this badly I doubt it will ever completely leave.. through the apprehension of the murderous sod!
Meanwhile ..

thank you, I'm just keeping my mind off of it
Bullet Club For Life
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by hayley

Meanwhile ..

thank you, I'm just keeping my mind off of it
Bullet Club For Life