Casual dating

last reply
14 replies
1.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Matriarch
0 likes
My "best friend" has been sleeping around for over 20 years, and currently has 2 guys on the go.

She says it can be very rewarding and loves her freedom, but sometimes it can be very tiring.

Do you think she has commitment issues?
Lurker
0 likes
Let's just say, she's a real pro at what she does, and call it a night.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by nicola
My "best friend" has been sleeping around for over 20 years, and currently has 2 guys on the go.

She says it can be very rewarding and loves her freedom, but sometimes it can be very tiring.

My aunt has been married to the same jackass for the last 24 years. He was just my 'Uncle Ted' until my Mom let me in on two and a half decades worth of dirt. He's not good to her, or for her, yet she sticks around even with the kids out of the house and despite having enough of her own money to make it without him.

Now THAT'S what I'd call committment issues.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Your "best friend" sounds happy as she is and I wouldn't worry too much about her taking on commitments she doesn't want.

Advice her to invest in a high quality mattress or even a water bed. Sounds as if it will be well used and she'll certainly notice the benefits of a comfortable sleep.
Lurker
0 likes
Sounds to me like she has her shit together. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by lexylove
Quote by nicola

My aunt has been married to the same jackass for the last 24 years. He was just my 'Uncle Ted' until my Mom let me in on two and a half decades worth of dirt. He's not good to her, or for her, yet she sticks around even with the kids out of the house and despite having enough of her own money to make it without him.

Now THAT'S what I'd call committment issues.

Lexy, if I had a dollar for every time I heard that story (and only in my family reunions.) Why do women in those situations stay with those men? What truly motivates them? I honestly believe we’ll never have an answer… I only hope that I’m never in that situation.
Lush Legend
0 likes
Quote by chefkathleen
Sounds to me like she has her shit together. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

"Love all, trust a few, and do wrong to none."
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I agree with the young lady above, Lexylove (my goodness....nice avatar, by the way), she seems to have no commitment issue. Her issue would be to settle for something she didn't buy into with her heart.
Lurker
0 likes
I think she sounds like she is doing quite alright. I applaud her she is getting all her needs met without any of the mental hassle of staying faithfull to one person. Sounds to me maybe the men are having a great time to whe-heyyyyyyyyyy ha ha
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by HoneyBee000
I think she sounds like she is doing quite alright. I applaud her she is getting all her needs met without any of the mental hassle of staying faithfull to one person. Sounds to me maybe the men are having a great time to whe-heyyyyyyyyyy ha ha

That's the attitude I like to see. Let's hope it carries on working.
"Whoa, lady, I only speak two languages, English and bad English." - Korben Dallas, from The Fifth Element

"If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must man be of learning from experience?" - George Bernard Shaw
Artistic Tart
0 likes
Constant Gardener
0 likes
I'm all for this concept. Once you've managed to firmly plant yourself into the friend zone, it can be quite exhilarating to experience 'her' attempting to use you as her personal fucktoy (provided she ever does), six months to six years down the road.

And, if not ~

Eh...That's why it's called Casual Dating. Complete with her buying her own damned drinks, dinner, movie tickets or what have you.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by nicola

She´s committed to not being committed...