Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

You are going to Writer's Hell!! Bring wine.

last reply
69 replies
6.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
In-House Sapiosexual
0 likes
Anyone who knows me knows that I love the amazing Toni Morrison. Every word she shares is a gift—until she called me a scavenger. The shame.

Toni Morrison never uses anyone she knows when she writes. She admits to using some gestures and dialogue of her mother’s in certain places when writing The Bluest Eye. That's it though. She says that she has never done it since. An interviewer asked her, “Why is that?”

Here is her response:

I don’t do what many writers do. There is this feeling that artists have—photographers, more than other people, and writers—that they are acting like a succubus … this process of taking from something that’s alive and using it for one’s own purposes. You can do it with trees, butterflies, or human beings. Making a little life for oneself by scavenging other people’s lives is a big question, and it does have moral and ethical implications.

In fiction, I feel the most intelligent, and the most free, and the most excited, when my characters are fully invented people. That’s part of the excitement. If they’re based on somebody else, in a funny way it’s an infringement of a copyright. That person owns his life, has a patent on it. It shouldn’t be available for fiction.

There is obviously no end to the depth of her creativity. I bow down. I’m just working with what I have.

I had to admit to myself that I’m a Succubus.

I’m going to writer’s hell. I hope they have wine.

I may be forever haunted by the people who recognize themselves in my stories, with no grounds to sue of course. When I say I’m writing fiction, it is fiction—based on…uhm… However, I take who I am and what I feel, what I wish I could forget and what I wish I remembered better, who I know and what they share, what I've seen and where I've gone. I mix it with my imagination, sometimes my laughter or sweat or tears, sometimes with my blood (I’m a writer, I can be dramatic if I want to). Then, I write you the story that forms itself at the tip of my fingers.

Morals and ethics and writing... Are you going to writer’s hell with me or am I alone in this?

? A True Story ?
Lurker
0 likes
I INVENT all my characters and MOST of my situations.

I can only say what I once said earlier...

"You don't always PUT yourself in your stories, but if you LOOK, you can find yourself there..."

And it's a truism...

You CAN'T (if you're any kind of a REAL writer...) take yourself OUT of the character (s) or story... (I was talking about this recently to a friend here where we talked about how the fuck CRIME FICTION WRITERS write...)

As EROTIC writers, we can't, indeed shouldn't, divorce the emotion from the act... I CERTAINLY recognize elements of myself in some of my most QUESTIONABLE writings... (To be clear, there are SOME things I've written I DO NOT LIKE!!!) But others DO like those pieces...

Actually, I'll be honest in the context of the post...

Both, "MEETING MICHAEL'S WIFE' and "LICKING PATTIE'S PANTIES" are SO FAR BEYOND anything that I would really do that I wonder at how I wrote them... (But I wrote them...) "FULL ON FOURSOME" features the protagonist getting fucked in the ass!!!???!!! (Never had that!)

I don't really worry about it too much...

Let your imagination run riot.

xx SF

(Might mention that I LOVE when we discuss HOW we write as WRITERS here...)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Firstly, you don't need to tell us you're a succubus - we already know that, dear. No one here will deny your sheer sexual energy.

Otherwise, I'd say we're all going to Hell, if that's the case. Ms. Morrison might claim to write people of her own inventions, but it's quite a bold thing to say. Is anything we create truly our own idea? There's a branch of thought that says that every person, every face, you see in your dreams is someone you have seen before. It's believed that there are no uniquely imagined faces, simply drawn from the depths of your creative genius mind - they're all the forgotten, buried faces you've walked past for decades and never recognised. Can we refute this? Not really. I'll be honest and say that last night in a pub I saw a girl I went to college with not five years ago. Did I remember her? No. My friend remembered her - I did not. So can we ever say that the faces we see in our dreams are our own creation? No. We can't prove that.

Likewise, I'd say those we see in our writing come from a similar place. I understand Ms Morrison's idea - creating your own characters is by far more enriching and more captivating than simply writing a new perspective on a face or a person you've already seen. There's a personal touch to it - the freedom to go anywhere you please, to truly live through the imagined life of a stranger for one fun, shining moment. When we write, we create people. We don't just write about a name and their actions - we should be aiming to create real people. Our characters should come to live - own their own personalities, humours, characters, traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies. I am sometimes told that a reader HATES the character in my story. I love that. To me, that someone can truly despise my character makes them real - it gives them a personal, human touch that I aim for. I don't want characters people feel apathetic about. I want real people that readers can live through, relate to, despise and fall in love with. People make stories.

It seems strange, but there's often more life in showing a unique character than there is in copying someone we know. We can never hope to match the true character of someone else, no matter how well we know them. It will always be a shadow of their real self. We don't allow them to be who they are - unlike those we truly create. There is a strange action of almost holding ourselves back when we write about those we know. Rather than allowing that energy of the person to flow, we try to restrict ourselves to match their personalities. Sometimes it works, but we should allow ourselves that wonder of artistic licence.

I admit to writing stories based around people I know, though. Yes, in this regard I too shall be joining you in Hell. I think I'll bring whisky instead, though, if you don't mind. There will be others along with the wine shortly. Sometimes the people around us can snatch at a part of our writer's soul - whether it's someone we pass by, a person on the train (I've been there, written that...), a friend who says something that speaks to us, or anyone we encounter in life. Inspiration comes from the strangest of places. As writers, I think it's our duty to embrace that inspiration, no matter where it comes from, or when. Truly creating our own fictional characters is one thing, but there's a beauty in capturing a moment, a thought, a mood, an ideal, a wish or a dream that fleetingly passes throughout our day. This is the true human side of us all - and it is so easily captured and recorded if we just allow ourselves to paint the image we see at that time. We don't need to be great inventors. Sometimes the greatest stories of all are those we just remember well. Life is the greatest story of all.

To return to my point, is there really such a thing as a purely unique and original character? I don't think it's possible. We live in a world where we're constantly told stories, introduced to characters, shown plot-lines and given cliffhangers and twists. Our minds are programmed for these things, recording and replaying all of the stories we hear - comedies and tragedies. We see hundreds of people every day, each with their own stories, each caught in their own tiny fragment of time. These people influence us. We remember these people, whether we want to or not. Everything we do in life shapes the way we think, feel, believe and - most importantly - imagine. Can the man who lives his entire life alone in the wilderness imagine anything but the wilderness? The stories and people we find every day shape our thoughts, whether we want them to or not. Every character we create is a patchwork creation from dozens and hundreds of others. They're like no one we recognise - they're like hundreds and thousands we know.

So am I going to Hell? Damn right, I am - with pride. I think we all are. We're all guilty of stealing from others. Are we really stealing, though? Is the camera guilty of offending those it records, or are we just the medium - the monitor - through which we see our own humanity, in all its forms?
A poetry selection!
In-House Sapiosexual
0 likes
Quote by stephanie
I INVENT all my characters and MOST of my situations.

I can only say what I once said earlier...

"You don't always PUT yourself in your stories, but if you LOOK, you can find yourself there..."

And it's a truism...

I don't really worry about it too much...

Let your imagination run riot.

I agree with you there. But when it comes to characters and things beyond yourself, do you pull things (as subtle as they may be) from people you know or things you actually have witnessed? Have you ever told a story and walked your readers through an apartment that actually belonged to someone? I think that is more of what she is speaking of. Although I do consider my fictional characters my inventions, there are aspects or "things" I may have gleaned from here or there from my experiences with people.
? A True Story ?
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by avrgblkgrl

I agree with you there. But when it comes to characters and things beyond yourself, do you pull things (as subtle as they may be) from people you know or things you actually have witnessed? Have you ever told a story and walked your readers through an apartment that actually belonged to someone? I think that is more of what she is speaking of. Although I do consider my fictional characters my inventions, there are aspects or "things" I may have gleaned from here or there when I experience people.

Seen, WITNESSED, read, DONE...

(Everything goes in to THE MIX when one starts to write...)

Lady SMILER77 has a sentence on her profile THAT I LOVE... "The stories STARTED OUT about just sex but then..." I LOVE that. If you think about it, writing THE SEX is frankly boring... Tell me WHO, WHY and WHAT HAPPENED??? (That's a STORY!!!)

xx SF
In-House Sapiosexual
0 likes
Quote by Lupus
Firstly...Otherwise, I'd say we're all going to Hell, if that's the case. Ms. Morrison might claim to write people of her own inventions, but it's quite a bold thing to say. Is anything we create truly our own idea?...Likewise...I understand Ms Morrison's idea - creating your own characters is by far more enriching and more captivating than simply writing a new perspective on a face or a person you've already seen. There's a personal touch to it - the freedom to go anywhere you please, to truly live through the imagined life of a stranger for one fun, shining moment. When we write, we create people. We don't just write about a name and their actions - we should be aiming to create real people. Our characters should come to live...there's often more life in showing a unique character than there is in copying someone we know. We can never hope to match the true character of someone else, no matter how well we know them. It will always be a shadow of their real self...I too shall be joining you in Hell. I think I'll bring whisky instead, though, if you don't mind. There will be others along with the wine shortly...Truly creating our own fictional characters is one thing, but there's a beauty in capturing a moment, a thought, a mood, an ideal, a wish or a dream that fleetingly passes throughout our day. This is the true human side of us all - and it is so easily captured and recorded if we just allow ourselves to paint the image we see at that time. We don't need to be great inventors. Sometimes the greatest stories of all are those we just remember well. Life is the greatest story of all.

So am I going to Hell? Damn right, I am - with pride. I think we all are. We're all guilty of stealing from others. Are we really stealing, though? Is the camera guilty of offending those it records, or are we just the medium - the monitor - through which we see our own humanity, in all its forms?

Okay, I didn't want to quote everything because it is jam packed and I LOVE IT ALL!! I'm wet! Your mind?!?!? Always so honest and humble Ben.

I agree with you fully. You won't find yourself inserted completely into any of my stories because what I know is going to be limited, heavily influenced by who I am. That translates into a flat character. But, to me life is better than any fiction. I pick up things. I watch. I savor. I collect. And yes, I use them. But, I'm not without a heart. I have a conscience. I'd never, how do I say this, brutalize someone else for the sake of a story. I use myself most of all. I give my permission, so I'm fine with that.

If you have ever experienced the fullness of Toni Morrison's characters, all of them, then you know what a talent she must have to pull that all from thin air. I'm kind of thinking it is impossible--at least for me. Some of you out there may have all of that within you though.

My students were like, "We are all going to hell, except her. That's why she has a wall full of awards."
? A True Story ?
In-House Sapiosexual
0 likes
Quote by stephanie

Seen, WITNESSED, read, DONE...

(Everything goes in to THE MIX when one starts to write...)

Lady SMILER77 has a sentence on her profile THAT I LOVE... "The stories STARTED OUT about just sex but then..." I LOVE that. If you think about it, writing THE SEX is frankly boring... Tell me WHO, WHY and WHAT HAPPENED??? (That's a STORY!!!)

xx SF

Right, and to do it well you have to pull from everything you have access to--specifically when it comes to the sex. Or, it will be flat as hell. When you are writing erotica and your main character, which is sex, is flat...Please, just stop.

Who, why and what? How much of it is all your wonderful imagination. That cock you are picturing in your head, where did you see that before?

Back to writing...

And Steph, "Everything goes in to THE MIX..."
Doesn't that statement sort of X out the "I invent ALL of my characters..."?

Your Irish behind can bring some whiskey.
? A True Story ?
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
everything i write comes from somewhere, and i don't mean the ether of nothingness - it comes from experiences, from dreams, from people or places or things i've known. not that i knowingly pull things from my experiences and write about them, but how could i write about something i know nothing about? when ever i do that, i read up on it first, so once again, i am playing the scavenger. when i did Ice, i read about Stalingrad. When I did the Grimm stories, i read up on fairy tales. When I did Paris, i hit up Dancing Doll for high end fashion tips. nothing comes from nothing, even if we aren't aware of what that nothing is.

so yeah, move over and save me a glass in writer's hell. i'll be there soon as i'm done with what i'm doing. smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by avrgblkgrl

Okay, I didn't want to quote everything because it is jam packed and I LOVE IT ALL!! I'm wet! Your mind?!?!? Always so honest and humble Ben.

I agree with you fully. You won't find yourself inserted completely into any of my stories because what I know is going to be limited, heavily influenced by who I am. That translates into a flat character. But, to me life is better than any fiction. I pick up things. I watch. I savor. I collect. And yes, I use them. But, I'm not without a heart. I have a conscience. I'd never, how do I say this, brutalize someone else for the sake of a story. I use myself most of all. I give my permission, so I'm fine with that.

If you have ever experienced the fullness of Toni Morrison's characters, all of them, then you know what a talent she must have to pull that all from thin air. I'm kind of thinking it is impossible--at least for me. Some of you out there may have all of that within you though.

My students were like, "We are all going to hell, except her. That's why she has a wall full of awards."

A wall full of awards, or a room filled with the world's most interesting people - imprisoned and unable to leave as she siphons off their stories and personalities for her own gains. Horrible woman.

I would say that we're all human - and that every one of us has the potential to be any other person we see out there. The phrase "There but for the grace of God" springs to mind. We all undergo changes in our lives and there's no saying that we'll stay the way we are. We all start out in life on the same blank canvas. It's our lives that create us and mould us. Is it ever such a leap to put ourselves in the shoes of someone else and behave the way we would, in that situation?

It's true that our characters share a lot of our own personalities and traits. We can't remove ourselves from ourselves, it's true - but we can put ourselves in another time and space. The most interesting characters we write are those we become a part of - those whose lives we feel we've lived. We might not write it, but we give them back story, character progression, traumas, hopes and dreams that shape the way they are - to create the person we write about. These things might never be mentioned, but they're evident in their personality and their actions.

I try to put myself in different positions, to write different perspectives and challenge myself as much as possible. As Steph says, sometimes I cannot relate to my characters - but I am able to write it. I wouldn't want to be that person or live that way, but I am capable of imagining how life would be. Isn't it a strange insight into mankind - and ourselves as individuals - to see how we might react in these circumstances?

I always thought I would struggle with the female pov. It's surely something I can't relate to - something I can't possibly have experienced. I thought it would be a disaster. I recently tried it and found that it was easier than I had given myself credit for. I wonder why, but I realise that although I have never lived that way and never been in that situation, I have lived in that mindset through the stories I enjoy, the writings I read, the insights I hold. I cannot have lived that side of life - and yet I feel I have. Isn't that truly the wonder of writing, to be able to put ourselves - and others who read us - into any single moment in time and space, in any perspective, and live that small slice of life? Whether that's a fictional character of a unique creation or a snapshot of someone's experiences, it's just as influential and just as important to our development - as people and writers.
A poetry selection!
In-House Sapiosexual
0 likes
Quote by sprite
so yeah, move over and save me a glass in writer's hell. i'll be there soon as i'm done with what i'm doing. smile

You and I will be sitting side by side--naked please.?
? A True Story ?
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by avrgblkgrl

You and I will be sitting side by side--naked please.?

i figure hell's to warm for clothes, so yeah, naked it is *grins*

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

In-House Sapiosexual
0 likes
Quote by Lupus

A wall full of awards, or a room filled with the world's most interesting people - imprisoned and unable to leave as she siphons off their stories and personalities for her own gains. Horrible woman.

I would say that we're all human... - and that every one of us has the potential to be any other person we see out there. The phrase "There but for the grace of God" springs to mind...
It's true that our characters share a lot of our own personalities and traits. We can't remove ourselves from ourselves, it's true - but we can put ourselves in another time and space...it's just as influential and just as important to our development - as people and writers.

Once again. I think empathy is a writers strongest gift. I truly do. I think that true empathy will help monitor that whole issue of morals and ethics in what you choose to use.
? A True Story ?
In-House Sapiosexual
0 likes
Quote by sprite

I like that. I'm going to use it too. But, it doesn't explain why I'm naked right now.P2lZHtajWDRsgHbi
? A True Story ?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by sprite

The place sounds better all the time. I can't wait to go.

Who was it who said "I would go to Heaven for the food, but Hell for the company"?
A poetry selection!
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I was going to bring the Devil's Food Cake to go with the wine and whiskey.. until I was just informed that there is no food in Hell. That would truly be Hell for a big girl.

From my very first story here I have used my personal experiences, my imagination and people I know. I have actually thrilled a person or two when they recognized themselves in the story I wrote. Ultimately my writing is all about me and exploring parts of myself. I just bring some of my friends and fans along for the ride.

So I will bring some wine coolers since the cake is out and meet you all in Hell in a little bit. I have to insulate with cake before I head down.
In-House Sapiosexual
0 likes
Quote by bigbubblygurlnc

So I will bring some wine coolers since the cake is out and meet you all in Hell in a little bit. I have to insulate with cake before I head down.

Yep, you are going to hell. Welcome.
It's Writer's Hell, so yes we shall eat cake.
? A True Story ?
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by avrgblkgrl

Yep, you are going to hell. Welcome.
It's Writer's Hell, so yes we shall eat cake.

Of course true writer's Hell is having writer's block with no wine and no cake.
In-House Sapiosexual
0 likes
You just got voted off the island.
? A True Story ?
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Not the first time I have been voted off and probably will not be the last. I will just take my wine, cake and go play by myself or with myself.. if that is allowed in hell.
Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
I've never claimed any character I wrote wasn't influneced by someone. I have used eye color, manorisms, physical descriptions, and much more. I guess I'm a bit like Mark Twain who used characteristics from people he knew to create the characters he worte about. I do the same.

I'm proud to join you all in hell and I've already started stocking up on the wine.

Lurker
0 likes
Upon reading the presented quote, my mind began to wonder what is meant by "fully invented people".
Sure, at a glance it would seem to imply that all characters are in no way based on actual folk, but then I thought more...

I wondered if it were truly possible to create/invent a person/scene/structure that has zero resemblance to anybody or anything in ones knowledge.
I pondered whether "invention" is merely a term to describe the amalgamation of thoughts/ides/personalities/theories/etc. etc that we are only aware of because we have seen them elsewhere.
Can I create a character/situation/scene that is utterly unique and shares nothing in common with anything in my real life/experiences?
If true, I'm either a genius... or I have zero experience but do have the ability to develop/design/describe thoughts/emotions/personalities/scenery that I've never seen or heard of before.
Obviously, I use the terms "me" and "I" purely for example (I'm no genius :P )
Perhaps the argument/example could be extended to an AI scenario... Can a being of some sort create it's own thoughts and imagination without having any sort of input from it's external world?

I have already made up my mind on the topic, but that doesn't mean it's correct. I believe that you cannot create a character (for example) that is without reference to your own self (whether by experience or knowledge of others) in some way.
Thus, the term "fully invented people" is an unachievable goal. This is, of course, just the opinion of someone who has never claimed to be an author :P

I then wondered if perhaps there is a grey area. When does a written piece of work change from being the mystical "fully invented" to the work of folk who are apparently on a trip to a flaming, fermented grape smelling hell?
There are obvious pieces at one end of the scale - those that state (or at least known by the author) that they are "based on true events/people".
But are there also pieces that are so clearly nothing to do with the author and/or his/her experience or knowledge base?
Where is the line between the two ends drawn, and who is qualified to draw such a line?
Perhaps there is no scale with opposing ends, perhaps it is more of an infinite scale whereby "fully invented" lies at infinity.

Here endeth the rambles of a simple fella with too much time to think biggrin

PS my poems are heavily reliant on my personal experiences and emotions... where can I hang my coat when I get to hell?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Any of my stories that contain the name "billy" in them are based on my life's experiences. One story was my way of consummating a relationship with the gal who gleefully broke my heart during my University years. Another is based on a trip to Amsterdam I took while stationed in Germany. One is my fantasy of losing my virginity to a black girl I had a huge crush on in high school. Yet another is based on a love affair I had with a beautiful blond waitress when I tended bar. On my bucket list are stories of a one night stand with a stacked bartender in Phoenix with an incredible sexual appetite and a Mormon gal I worked with in Southern California who had a NSW way of making the workdays more interesting. As for stealing from others....I am sure subconsciously I do, but I like to think I have found my own "voice", or that I am getting there.

So, yeah, punch my ticket and hand me the sunscreen. I'm going to hell but I sure as fuck won't fit in that tiny hand basket.
“It's nice sometimes to open up the heart a little and let some hurt come in. It proves you're still alive.”
In-House Sapiosexual
0 likes
Quote by billybroadband
Any of my stories that contain the name "billy" in them are based on my life's experiences. One story was my way of consummating a relationship with the gal who gleefully broke my heart during my University years. Another is based on a trip to Amsterdam I took while stationed in Germany. One is my fantasy of losing my virginity to a black girl I had a huge crush on in high school. Yet another is based on a love affair I had with a beautiful blond waitress when I tended bar. On my bucket list are stories of a one night stand with a stacked bartender in Phoenix with an incredible sexual appetite and a Mormon gal I worked with in Southern California who had a NSW way of making the workdays more interesting. As for stealing from others....I am sure subconsciously I do, but I like to think I have found my own "voice", or that I am getting there.

So, yeah, punch my ticket and hand me the sunscreen. I'm going to hell but I sure as fuck won't fit in that tiny hand basket.

First of all I have to say, that was a smooth story plug Billy.tClF4jccY0rY69Nk

Most of all, from what you have said, you have been sharing "your" story and not so much creating a story--except for the fantasy things. And yeah, you are still going to hell. I think the issue of ethics and morals, which is a point that Ms. Morrison makes, is even more important when you are sharing a personal experience that includes other people who actually exist. You describe them and include them in your tale to entertain us.

Scavenger.

You better not try to sneak any of that cheap stuff in on us. We want the expensive liquor in hell.?
? A True Story ?
The Right Rev of Lush
0 likes
Take it from the, Right Reverand of Lush, there is no writer's hell in the afterlife. True writer's hell is facing a deadline while suffering from writer's block. Alternatively, it can be having the inspiration of a lifetime only to discover you have no way of transmitting it to your computer or getting it on paper.

RUMPLATIONS: AwesomeHonky Tonk and Cyber Bar
Home of the Lush "IN" crowd: indecent, intoxicated, and insolvent
a place to gossip, share news, talk sports, pimp a story, piss & moan, or just grab a drink. Check it out.

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwords. -- ROBERT HEINLEIN
In-House Sapiosexual
0 likes
Quote by RumpleForeskin
Take it from the, Right Reverand of Lush...

You have your hell and I have mine. It's relative and my Karma must be a little better than yours Reverend.
? A True Story ?
Cocolicious
0 likes
I'll see you in hell, is naked Twister played there? I mean I like to drink too, but I'd like to play that with you.

I don't recall any character or parts of a setting that I didn't glean from something or someone real. There are just too many opportunities to do so: the sexy hunk that's in line staring at me while his girlfriend or wife pays for their merchandise, the seemingly shy librarian that has an undercurrent of sexual heat just barely contained under the surface, and the powerful businessman texting in the elevator--too many things that my mind takes a note or an image of; how are we to pass those things up?

Let's face it, and I'm not saying about the numerous talented authors here, but often we need that little bit of reality to set the right tone in a story. It's foolish to think that artistry isn't shared.
In-House Sapiosexual
0 likes
Quote by Coco
I'll see you in hell, is naked Twister played there? I mean I like to drink too, but I'd like to play that with you.

I don't recall any character or parts of a setting that I didn't glean from something or someone real. There are just too many opportunities to do so: the sexy hunk that's in line staring at me while his girlfriend or wife pays for their merchandise, the seemingly shy librarian that has an undercurrent of sexual heat just barely contained under the surface, and the powerful businessman texting in the elevator--too many things that my mind takes a note or an image of; how are we to pass those things up?

Let's face it, and I'm not saying about the numerous talented authors here, but often we need that little bit of reality to set the right tone in a story. It's foolish to think that artistry isn't shared.

Exactly!!!

Writer's Hell is more like Heaven. Coco is here. Twister it is.roeH3puZ2uMlUgLj
? A True Story ?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Bullshit. When writing you include inspirations from any and all source. As with any medium, writing is tranformative, you take what was built before you and add to it. Steal from others, steal from movies, your friends whatever. It's not writing, but Tarantino steals shots from films he likes. Putting your own spin on something that exists is part of the reason Shakespeare endures, as does Homer. Take what others did and make it your own, that's writing, that's life really.
And I've only begun fucking with you people.
At the end of the day, it's all math.
In-House Sapiosexual
0 likes
Quote by Ace1047
Bullshit...

Yeah, you are going to writer's hell.
Bring something interesting.
? A True Story ?
I'm not for everyone
0 likes
Somebody say wine and naked twister? I'm in!

Don't buy the 'ethics and morals' she's blabbing about. People inspire people.

Take my Historical Erotica Competition entry, The Hitter, for example.
(If Billy can plug, so can I )

I'm with theantelope, 'Thus, the term "fully invented people" is an unachievable goal."

Now, left foot on red.