The Comical "C" Word.

last reply
149 replies
13.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
You know, in Ireland, (and indeed in Great Britain...) you can use the word in two ways... Examples:

"Donald Trump is a despicable CUNT!"

OR...

"Stephen Flashman is one of the nicest cunts you'll ever meet..."

But in the US it seems that the "C" word is not as acceptable as it is in Ire/GB... In Ireland you can say, "That was a CUNT of a trip..." (not good) BUT you can also say, "Her new story's A CUNT!!!" (very good)

We also say something is "cunting awful' or "cunting excellent".

(Incidentally, it ALMOST NEVER PERMISSIBLE to refer to A VAGINA as a cunt.)

xx SF
Convict
0 likes
Thank you Steph for that very interesting piece on that "C" word.

Who knows? Wars could have started because one person called the other one a cunt meaning it in a nice way but was misunderstood.

In Australia it is probably THE most disgusting thing you could ever call a woman, or her cunt for that matter and I'm not talking about her SO. Now I think about it, it's not a nice word to call a guy either. I don't hear it a lot in my circle of friends but I'm sure the guys use it when there are no women around. I don't hear it used by women here but I'm sure there are some that do say it.

It's not a word I ever say in real life but it doesn't offend me if I hear it. Unless of course someone is calling me one. I've never used the word in any of my writing either. I think that's only because I was TOLD it is a REALLY bad word as a kid. (Good little catholic schoolgirl and all that). It's hard to get that stuff out of your head. The longer I hang around Lush, the more desensitised I've become to the word.
Clumeleon
0 likes
If 'The L Word' has been called 'The C Word', I would have been much more keen to watch it.
Prolific Writer
0 likes
I don't mind the C word at all. It's very fitting to call some people a c*nt.

I use the word often in my stories.

Xo
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
We can always try some rhyming-slang.
Drop-Kick and Punt?
or just resort to
Caring Understanding New-age Type.
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Lurker
0 likes
soooo delicious..

Rookie Scribe
0 likes
It's a more blunt word but I personally prefer it to vagina or pussy. Gives you that dirty feeling :P
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
you cunts offend me. that is all.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Lurker
0 likes
I'm not offended by the word i say it a lot and I also use it in my writing, I prefer it to pussy it just sounds dirtier! Lol although saying that I think in polite society I don't use it! Well apart from if you piss me off. Or I like to use it during sex it's so horny I love it!