Login

My ass hates me

last reply
14 replies
2.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
0 likes
I went to the after taking a 10 day break, and now my ass and hamstrings hate me. Any advice will be greatly appreciated on how to make the soreness go away. I'mI'very already taken anti inflammatories, I continue to orally hydrate, and stretch
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Presume you're talking about the gym!

I get the same sort of thing if I've overdone the glutes exercises. Saunas are good but don't take a cold plunge afterwards. Massage may help. Personally I like to walk it off while making sure the muscles stay warm (so wear tracksuit bottoms instead of shorts). My partner has also come home to find me lying face down on the settee with a hot water bottle on my bum! Well, it gave him something nice and warm to slip into later...

Don't stretch too much - you're just damaging already damaged tissue. Try to keep moving the joints through a "normal" range.
0 likes
I'm doing the walking thing now. It was the gym sorry my brain is a little off I'm working an over night not my usual shift
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by consort_of_amaya
I'm doing the walking thing now. It was the gym sorry my brain is a little off I'm working an over night not my usual shift

That's not going to help, your body needs good quality sleep to repair itself. Pick up your protein intake as well to help with your recovery
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Convict
0 likes
Quote by overmykneenow

That's not going to help, your body needs good quality sleep to repair itself. Pick up your protein intake as well to help with your recovery

I think my ass needs a bit of a workout OMKN. Wanna bring me a protein shake on your way over here?

Thanks.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by trinket

I think my ass needs a bit of a workout OMKN. Wanna bring me a protein shake on your way over here?

Thanks.

I always understood that your protein shakes brought all the boys to your yard
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Are u doing too much incline?

How are your shoes?

Hydrating enough?

As far as sleep goes..are u on a phone..computer tv before bed? Its proven that the stimulation from those devices are interrupting the sleep cycle.

So I turn my off thirty minutes too before I go to bed..not sure if I am sleeping longer..but I fall to sleep faster

Do u have access to water? Pool or hot tub...I have pain in my joints so I use that to soothe the aches

Overmykneenow is so right protein to rebuild the muscles is so important

Hope it gets better..
" smile..it is the second best thing to do with your LIPS!"
Brown Sugar
0 likes
Quote by consort_of_amaya
I went to the after taking a 10 day break, and now my ass and hamstrings hate me. Any advice will be greatly appreciated on how to make the soreness go away. I'mI'very already taken anti inflammatories, I continue to orally hydrate, and stretch

The previous posts offer good advice. Try a heating pad to ease the pain so that you can get some sleep.
0 likes
Quote by thesexynun
Are u doing too much incline?

How are your shoes?

Hydrating enough?

As far as sleep goes..are u on a phone..computer tv before bed? Its proven that the stimulation from those devices are interrupting the sleep cycle.

So I turn my off thirty minutes too before I go to bed..not sure if I am sleeping longer..but I fall to sleep faster

Do u have access to water? Pool or hot tub...I have pain in my joints so I use that to soothe the aches

Overmykneenow is so right protein to rebuild the muscles is so important

Hope it gets better..

no incline it was squat overhead press and dead lift day
shoes are good
Gallon to a gallon and half a day of water
i don't have a set work sked so one day i could be working during the daylight hour watch and 16 hours later i could be called to work an overnight watch
no pool yet its too cold where i live
what kind of protein should i be consuming, i can't do whey i have a dairy allergy
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have a meditation track I play that helps me sleep.
Keep the movement going, don't over do it. Lots of water... Good raw juice will help rebuild sore muscles.
A little advil if you have to.. But keep at it once the soreness goes away. Good for you for getting back in the gym! Cheers!
0 likes
I go back again tomorrow hopefully I won't be too sore in the morning. Thank you all for the advice it is very much appreciated
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Find an exercise that won't hurt you in a bad way. Four (4) liters a day is enough so you won't be dehydrated. Stretching first, 3 mins jog in place, 3 mins jumping rope before proceeding to other routine. I suggest if you want to lost weight first, do the planking every morning and if your metabolism is really fast, in a month you'll be lighter and then that's the time to do heavy lifting. Suggestion base on my experience.

Being I've been into gym and I find it boring as it end up with the same routine everyday. Right now I'm into Boxing and I feel good about it.

All the best!
I could show you INCREDIBLE things...
0 likes
*UPDATE* just finished my work and I was able to lift to failure with no ill effects. Joannemouse and omkn I took the advice you gave and it helped a lot. I thank you.