last reply
13 replies
1.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
This may seem an odd question, but...

I have a story idea that will go over several chapters. Although there is a lot of sexual content, the plot does not include sex every chapter. LS is an erotic story site. Would my story be acceptable?

Advice/opinion, please.
Gentleman Stranger
0 likes
Quote by joannemouse

I have a story idea that will go over several chapters. Although there is a lot of sexual content, the plot does not include sex every chapter. LS is an erotic story site. Would my story be acceptable?

Advice/opinion, please.

I think it could work quite well. I'm in chapter 22 of a story, "Glamour Shots", which does not have sex in every chapter, and it's been fairly well-received, I think. After a chapter or two, if the story is well-written and the characters are interesting and likable, readers seem to become involved with their story and want to know what will happen next. There is no requirement, that I'm aware of, that each chapter contain sex - or even that any do, provided the story is erotic.

I've read a love story or two here (there is a "Love Stories" category) that contain essentially no sex, but the love and the way the story is told have made them quite erotic.
So there's my - and worth every bit of it!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by stormdog100

So there's my - and worth every bit of it!

Thank you - I'm such a n00b...

Obviously will have to read more examples to get a better idea of what does or does not fit here.

x x x jo
Lurker
0 likes
s an avid reader of erotica I find stories that jump straight to the sex become boring very quickly. I believe that men and woman have basic different reasons for wanting sex so writing about a woman,s urge for sex from a man,s point of view and vise versa maybe does,nt ring true. Personally I like lots of build up before sex with lots of descriptive paragraphs. I just repeated a word which should not happen in good prose. One of my major disappointments with a lot of writers is the lack of dialogue. In sex scenes too many "aaaaahhhhsss" and too many "oooohhhhs" are a turn off. Much more interesting to "hear" the participants saying phrases like "that's lovely, oh that's nice yes that,s just right, do it a little faster or slower, use longer strokes, shorter strokes. Yes I like that
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Let the story flow naturally. Sometimes there is hardly anything sexual going on in a chapter. In the next, it could be filled with erotic scenes. Depends on what's supposed to happen.
The Linebacker
0 likes
Don't use a formula. Let each story dictate that.
In-House Sapiosexual
0 likes

There are some really great points being shared here. I like the one that highlights the importance of showing and not telling. Ooos and Ahhhs are lazy.
Let the sex be a part of the story, not the story. Some chapters may not be about sex. That's not what the story needs. It will seemed forced.
That's boring to a serious reader--if that's who you are aiming for.

? A True Story ?
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
Quote by Buz
Don't use a formula. Let each story dictate that.

What Buz said. Follow the story. It knows more than you do.

My last story was mostly about ironing. smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'll bet that made you stiff.
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
Quote by 69Kisses96
I'll bet that made you stiff.

I literally lol'ed, as the kids say these days.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Above points are very good. I would just like to add my 2 cents.

From reading the reviews on my stories I have come to understand that the readers love a good build up, they want to get to know the characters and what drives them. What I find the most fun in writing is how to get the characters "in bed" with each other, the seduction, or teasing, or whatever means they use to have sex should , in my opinion, reflect on reality.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by joannemouse

Advice/opinion, please.

write it & find out. if it isn't well received you'll know better next time.