Recomendation for pubic dipilatory?

last reply
16 replies
2.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have a minor surgical procedure coming up which requires shaving (hair removal) of my pubic hair.

Well, just thinking of a razor near the family jewels and cum injector makes me break out in a cold sweat!

Anybody heard of or used a pubic hair remover? I have heard several time that the ones sold for hair removal on legs
are never to be used on "sensitive" areas!!

Many TIA!
Gramps
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
First cut it short with scissors and then wax it.
Painful, but no knives involved.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
hmm... would think the nurses would do all the work if you are doing a surgical procedure.

I groom regularly. Sometimes completely shaved but most time trimmed really short. Depending on my mood.

I use a cheap (think I bought mine for 30 bucks) electric body grooming kit and a use a body razor to shave it to the skin but I have used regular facial razor blade too.

Had my butt crack waxed before from a professional recommended by a lady friend and it wasn't too bad but would not do it again because it just feels awkward. haha,

Like Saintz suggested, cut it short and wax it. Muscle through the pain. haha.

I know there are specific pubic hair removal creams out there but don't know much about them. If you end up using a cream, please do share your experience. I am pretty curious too.
The Linebacker
0 likes
Use an electric trimmer and then get it waxed. No sharp blade goes near mine either.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
napalm might work, tho don't quote me on that smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
I thought they shaved you at the hospital before surgery. Or is that only when you're unconscious?

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Having had four sugeries in five years I so get this

I did it myself as well having a stranger shave me when they are sticking tubes and needles everywhere was beyond..anything I could handle

Women's razors do have a smaller ones for um crevices wouldn't wax as u could have a problem and more than likely it will be hard to reach that area

So yes as the above post says trim then shave...

If u find anything let me know

Good luck with your surgery..I hope it is not too serious

Hugs
" smile..it is the second best thing to do with your LIPS!"
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Dani
I thought they shaved you at the hospital before surgery. Or is that only when you're unconscious?

I'd have to be COMPLETELY unconscious!
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
Whatever you do, don't wait until the very last moment. A friend of mine had a vasectomy some years back and so he had to shave as well and like you he had never done it before and had the same "no knifes down there" attitude. They'd told hime to shave two days in advance, but he postponed until the morning of the procedure. When they started disinfecting the area he knew exactly why he should have shaved two days earlier

Like others said already: trim then shave. If you have any experience with shaving wet then you're good to go I'd say. You really need to make an effort to cut yourself with modern razor blades.
There are hair removal creams for sensitive areas that work pretty well. But if you don't do it right your skin can get very irritated. And referring back to my friend's story, that's probably not what you want. So I'd say shave, unless you have time enough to practice a bit with the cream.

Good luck with the procedure!

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Well, I was going to suggest a bikini cream and double checked if the brand's available worldwide. You may find the reviews here useful:

Spot testing must be done to check your skin's reaction. And have Sudocrem healing cream (or similar product) ready.

Maybe you can ask a dermatologist for a specific brand. And good luck both for the pubes & surgery.

*The link doesn't show up. Brand is Nair Bikini Cream Sensitive on Amazon.
Lurker
0 likes
Aren't they going to shave you and prep you themselves?
Prolific Writer
0 likes
I think the nurses do it at the hospital before your procedure.

You might want to check with them first.

Hugs,
Mysteria

P.S. - Hope your surgery is a success...xo
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I've had a vasectomy and a reconstruction. Both times a nurse did the shaving and I survived that without a scratch.
A little kindness can be so valuable, yet costs almost nothing

In many countries being gay is a crime, and even in modern societies, politicians try to legalise discrimination. Your voice can make a difference. Have a look at All Out to find out how.

Hey... pssst.... that's an l (as in luscious) at the end of my name, not an i
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Quote by BiMale73
Like others said already: trim then shave. If you have any experience with shaving wet then you're good to go I'd say. You really need to make an effort to cut yourself with modern razor blades.

There are hair removal creams for sensitive areas that work pretty well. But if you don't do it right your skin can get very irritated. And referring back to my friend's story, that's probably not what you want. So I'd say shave, unless you have time enough to practice a bit with the cream.

This, especially the part about modern razors: I was never all that careful when shaving my groin, and I've never cut myself (not even a slight cut in 10 years). The base of your dick isn't as sensitive as the head anyway, so even if you cut yourself slightly it won't cause mad damage and it will heal fairly rapidly. You just have to be careful when handling your razor, not to accidentally scrape the head of your dick.

And in my own experience, depilatory creams really aren't that effective for pubic hair. They might work better for light hair on your chest or on a woman's legs, but pubic hair tend to be coarser and those creams have a hard time removing all of them. That's the experience I've personally had with them anyway.

It's funny though, I didn't think that getting rid of one's pubic hair was considered such a complicated medical procedure: just grab any quality razor and you'll be fine.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Cut it short with scissors - then us a depilatory cream but be careful around the balls in your case. Shave them with a sharp razor.
A friends experience in hospital was she was given a bowl and a razor and told to do it herself and then a male nurse cleaned up what she didn't do very well in the hard to get to places.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
When I was in HS, I had a procedure that required shaving the pubic region. An older woman, I assume was a nurse aide, came in to shave me. She was not shy at all, grabbed my cock, moved it one way then another and shaving me clean. Being a teenager I was totally embarrassed at my 'reaction', but retained my sense of humor. After she was done and about to leave the room, I told her after all that, the least she could do was kiss me. Needless to say, she left the room in a hurry. I guess she told the OR staff, because before they put me out, they were teasing me about having the hots for this old battle axe. smile