Advice for a noob please

last reply
14 replies
3.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Okay, so I have been with my lover for over a year and we have very little intimacy for our scheduals are always conflicting. So I bought a dildo, and he found out about and wasn't too happy with me because of it. (He thinks I'm gonna replace him with a robot, but I assure you the real thing is much better then a toy.) The dildo is a piece of shit anyways (need a new one soon!), so how would I go about convincing him that dildos could be fun for him as well?
Lurker
0 likes
That's a tough question you would probably get better advice from a woman's point of view
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Maybe involve him in the purchasing of a new one. You could turn the whole shopping experience into a fun erotic game. Then I would suggest that he watch on as you use it, put on a performance. If he then can't understand, I do beg to question is he really that much better than a toy.
To boldly Lush where no one has Lushed before
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Don't tell him you bought a new one. You don't need to share everything. Just buy a big one and go ape-shit with it.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Ask him if he would like to help you pick out a new one, then ask him if he would like to use it on you. Show him that, yes it gets you excited, but then show him how much you enjoy being with him. If he feels involved, maybe it won't be as offensive to him.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I agree with kitty40. Plenty of guys, like myself, have very possessive feelings (even when we know they are silly/destructive) and react badly to any form whatsoever of sexual competition. A dildo could definitely fall into that category, especially one that is modelled on a real cock and even more so if it is visually larger than his own erection. So getting him feeling involved with the choosing and using is a way of seeing the toys as connected with him rather than separate. And you could try opening up the conversation to include other toys, get him to talk about what he likes and dislikes about all kinds of toys before narrowing in, because he might be a bit reluctant to discuss a topic that is a bone of contention. So to speak.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
You need to know if you using it will turn him on. Otherwise it will be a problem on his side because he can't connect with the idea or not even excited about it. Tell him when you are away from each other, you always think of him and it turns you on when using a dildo. That you would want him to use it to you when you finally spend sexy time.
I could show you INCREDIBLE things...
0 likes
Have u thought about going shopping for a toy together?

Lelo makes dual pleasuring ones

Or getting one that looks less like a penis and more like a massager so he is not threatened?

Sex drives are rarely the same...

Talk to him..let him know the more ah pleasure u get the more u will WANT with him
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I agree with Magical Felix. Your partner does not need to know everything. But if you are trying to keep the relationship honest, tell your partner and ensure him it's not a replacement but an enhancer.

Maybe buy a toy that is smaller than his or a vibe that does not imitate a penis. Telling during sessions, that his is much bigger and better than the toy.

And like how many have suggested, go shopping for the toy together and try to be playful while you guys are shopping. I love going to the adult toy shop and always end up buying more things for the bedroom than intended, Additionally. it opens up communication to express wants, fantasize, and unexplored desires.

I love shopping around the clothing area. They have all sorts of sexy lingerie, panties (love the crotchless panties) costomes and role playing kits like nurse or maid, they are pretty cheap and fun.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by DrakeAK
I agree with Magical Felix. Your partner does not need to know everything. But if you are trying to keep the relationship honest, tell your partner and ensure him it's not a replacement but an enhancer.

Maybe buy a toy that is smaller than his or a vibe that does not imitate a penis. Telling during sessions, that his is much bigger and better than the toy.

And like how many have suggested, go shopping for the toy together and try to be playful while you guys are shopping. I love going to the adult toy shop and always end up buying more things for the bedroom than intended, Additionally. it opens up communication to express wants, fantasize, and unexplored desires.

I agree with the above, not a replacement in my mind or should it be in his.rVeLW9yJWQxjwWcG
Tell him it needs to be fed and it is to high of the ground to eat grass.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Is the toy bigger than he is? Thicker? Some men have issues with that because they are insecure. If that isn't the issue, then he just needs to get over it. Sex toys can be fun, and there is nothing wrong with having a BOB if he isn't available. You can even have one made with a cock cloning kit. You can make a mold of his and use it.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'd agree with two points already said above, try to get him to be a part of buying a new one and maybe the cloning kit would be a good idea. You can find them here for pretty cheap. www.lovehoney.co.uk for UK or www.lovehoney.com if you are in the US. Very good site, used them often. High quality products. Discrete packaging ( Had a few left the guy next door on delivery, they are that discrete)

Perhaps suggest getting something for you and for him then use both toys in the bedroom together.

There is nothing wrong with having a bit of toy fun and when you get over the initial reluctance from him, they could add a new flavor to you're love life, both together and alone. Me and the OH shop for them together and 'test' them together. Lots of couples do it biggrin :D
Coming soon...
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
My first reaction is to roll my eyes at a guy who needs to get into a pissing-contest with a dildo. But on the other hand, if my guys started using an inflatable girl with a working pussy-hole, I'd probably start to feel insecure too. Since propitious timing is the real problem, maybe you can both work at making more time in your respective schedules for sex. It may be hard to arrange, but it's better than suspicions and insecurity. Otherwise... be more discreet, and hide your toys better!
Lurker
0 likes
Years ago, I was in a similar situation with a live in lover. He said I have an addiction to toys & I should see a shrink. I did and the shrink kept saying in a very heavy low tone 'tell me more..'
Lurker
0 likes
I personally dont see anything wrong with them. If your husband is not home and you are in need ,what is the problem,better than you going and finding the real thing to replace him.But like others said,see if he will go with you to buy one,try to involved him in the use of it, good forplay..If not ,its a choice your gonna have to make if you will continue using one.