Post-coital blues - How to beat 'em

last reply
2 replies
1.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Have you ever experienced such an intense high from an orgasm, only to hit rock-bottom after? Why do you think this is, and what do you do to shake off the blues?

A friend of a friend shoots for several more highs but that just feels like a postponement of the inevitable crash-and-burn. If it's a midday issue, she'll probably just hit the gym to get her endorphin going - but that's not a very good solution in the middle of the night. Oh, and she avoids depressing music like crazy. Sometimes she just throws herself into work but still, it doesn't seem to completely go away...

Would love to hear some of your tips/distractions to beat the blues! x
0 likes
I usually find that I have a burst of energy after an orgasm, but still sometimes experience this. In my experience, the best way to deal with it varies. I often sit down and write, because (if I'm feeling creative) I find that process extremely diverting and stimulating.

I also recommend some yoga, if that's a thing you do at all. Certainly helps get the endorphins going, and I find it can help push me past that chemical sort of glumness.
Recommended Reads by TheScheherezadeFeint:
Undeniable - Erotic Poem
Disappearing Act - Love Poem
Synthetic Hours - Fantasy/Sci-fi - Eighth Place, 'Some Like It Hot' competition, January 2015
Night Work - Erotic Poem
Eating Breakfast In Glass Slippers - Straight Sex - Fifth Place, 'The Morning After The Night Before' competition, November 2014
Miracle of Night - Love Poem
The Brightest Black You've Ever Seen - Love Story - Ninth place, 'Toy With Me' competition, September 2014
Scream Fire - Erotic Poem - Audio read by MadameMolly
At First Sight (He) - Quickie Sex
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
If your lover/boyfriend/partner is around, plenty of affection. Sweet kisses, cuddling, petting etc.

Otherwise, some other form of interaction. Perhaps with a good friend...laughter, exercise, good food. All things that get those happy chemicals pumping in your system and bring your mood up.