like the cum that paints a sapling pussy
until its autumn's shudder gives way to the heat
come from the shifting axis of a world to its Sun
from here winter is far
and the wings of summer
hold to the the sky and circle
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
It needs editing. a mistake people will fall into, sometimes, is that they write poetry as a stream of consciousness, which is where poetry should start, but it shouldn't stop there. take what you write and then craft it. figure out what works, what doesn't, meddle with it - i'll tell you the same as i tell story writers - you should spend far more time on editing than you do on writing - writing should be freeing, you just do exactly that, write - and then, you sit down and do the hard stuff, the not as fun stuff, the important stuff, and take the raw clay shape of your story and turn it into a work of art.

I felt every drop dripping
like a sieve left for ages to let its wet slowly
begin taking a woman

i'll use the above example - YOU might know exactly what you meant by the three lines above, but you should be writing for an audience - me? i was left wondering where the breaks should come, what the drops were, what were drops like a sieve - drops FROM a sieve, i would understand. what does 'to let it's wet slowly begin taking a woman" even mean? was that where the break was even meant to be? seriously, work this, don't think that, just because the words are in ink that it's finished.

hopefully, that's constructive criticism. take it to heart. rome wasn't built in a day, ya know? smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Thanks. Yeah I see new things/problems every time I re-read it. I like the general concept though. Aside from the problems you mentioned above I've had trouble with the spacing after I click on publish and view the write, it changes. It was written in stanzas. I put it on here as a single stanza as It seems to change format wildly whenever I submit. Thanks again. I shall continue to meddle, work on making my intent more apparent, and probably just write on the forum mostly.
Nerdzilla
0 likes
Quote by rhaegar4545
Thanks. Yeah I see new things/problems every time I re-read it. I like the general concept though. Aside from the problems you mentioned above I've had trouble with the spacing after I click on publish and view the write, it changes. It was written in stanzas. I put it on here as a single stanza as It seems to change format wildly whenever I submit. Thanks again. I shall continue to meddle, work on making my intent more apparent, and probably just write on the forum mostly.

Buz had the great suggestion of PMing it to yourself and copying and pasting it when you submit. This somehow keeps the stanzas so you don't have to edit and manually space them out again. It saves a lot of time! smile
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Ahh... Thanks a ton, Delphi.
Convict
0 likes
Quote by Delphi

Buz had the great suggestion of PMing it to yourself and copying and pasting it when you submit. This somehow keeps the stanzas so you don't have to edit and manually space them out again. It saves a lot of time! smile

I wish I'd known this a long time ago. Thanks ?
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
There are a few great lines in your poem. Definitely worth spending some more time on.

"Revelation painted every hungry glance"

I like this.
Lurker
0 likes
You are a beautiful writer, my friend.

Great advice, all.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by sprite
It needs editing. a mistake people will fall into, sometimes, is that they write poetry as a stream of consciousness, which is where poetry should start, but it shouldn't stop there. take what you write and then craft it. figure out what works, what doesn't, meddle with it - i'll tell you the same as i tell story writers - you should spend far more time on editing than you do on writing - writing should be freeing, you just do exactly that, write - and then, you sit down and do the hard stuff, the not as fun stuff, the important stuff, and take the raw clay shape of your story and turn it into a work of art.

I felt every drop dripping
like a sieve left for ages to let its wet slowly
begin taking a woman

i'll use the above example - YOU might know exactly what you meant by the three lines above, but you should be writing for an audience - me? i was left wondering where the breaks should come, what the drops were, what were drops like a sieve - drops FROM a sieve, i would understand. what does 'to let it's wet slowly begin taking a woman" even mean? was that where the break was even meant to be? seriously, work this, don't think that, just because the words are in ink that it's finished.

hopefully, that's constructive criticism. take it to heart. rome wasn't built in a day, ya know? smile

This is sage. I can give an example of my own work in real life. In a history book I published I spent 17 years editing 26 pages of it. Now that is an extreme, granted. But good writing, as sprite says, is a matter of blood, sweat and tears.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I could feel every drop dripping
like I sometimes feel a sound
a gasp and moan
jumping from synapse
to synapse
dripping from a sieve
left to sift for a season
to slowly give of its wet
only the most sincere
the warmest and pure of fragrance