Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

NOT an official stance, but... prospective poets, please read.

last reply
158 replies
11.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Okay, like i said, this is not an official stance, just my own pet peeve, but people, we're getting in a lot of downer poems in the love poems - yes, love does deal with heartache sometimes, but really, it DOES say love poems, not emo poems. please consider that most people are coming here to read erotica and really, it's turning into a bit of a downer to pop into the love category anymore - gotten to the point where i won't even read the poems. Like I said, not an official stance, but yeah, maybe think about it before you hit 'submit'? i have enough depression in my life already - reading is, kind of, my escape.

thanks,
sprite - member

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by sprite
Okay, like i said, this is not an official stance, just my own pet peeve, but people, we're getting in a lot of downer poems in the love poems - yes, love does deal with heartache sometimes, but really, it DOES say love poems, not emo poems. please consider that most people are coming here to read erotica and really, it's turning into a bit of a downer to pop into the love category anymore - gotten to the point where i won't even read the poems. Like I said, not an official stance, but yeah, maybe think about it before you hit 'submit'? i have enough depression in my life already - reading is, kind of, my escape.

thanks,
sprite - member

I'm dreadfully sorry for posting that weepy poem on Steph's thread last night.

I owe you a debt of gratitude for all you have done for me. You've cheered me up immensely of late.

I don't want to be a Debbie Downer. If it upsets you, I'll delete it.

It's a load of old poppycock anyway.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by tiddlywink

I'm dreadfully sorry for posting that weepy poem on Steph's thread last night.

I owe you a debt of gratitude for all you have done for me. You've cheered immensely of late.

I don't want to be a Debbie Downer. If it upsets you, I'll delete it.

It's a load of old poppycock anyway.

I was referring to poems submitted for publication.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by sprite
I was referring to poems submitted for publication.

So I can post really depressing emo stuff on the forum?

Why do you hate me, emo kitty?
You scratch my arm when I try to sitty
On the sofa which is next to your bed,
You look at me like you want me dead.

I'd like to scratch behind your ear
But always hesitate out of fear
That you'll rip off my finger and run away.
I don't have any health insurance, okay!

I hear you moving late a night
Hiding in shadows out of sight,
Waiting for me to go for a pee
To launch an attack whilst laughing with glee.

I know it was you that slashed my front tire
And turned on the stove which started that fire,
But I'll have the last laugh, it was in a wonderful dream,
An image of you covered in hair removal cream.
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
Quote by Liz

That's quite enough Lizzy. *confiscates your wine*
Off to the corner with you.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Liz

This is probably my favourite poem ever. Thank you, Liz.
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
Quote by Marta_

This is probably my favourite poem ever. Thank you, Liz.

Don't encourage her.

Now she'll never stop!

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Poems are taking over Lush. Mind you I think you mods have to shoulder some of the blame for that - you're even accepting haikus now!

Look how bad it's getting...

[code]
Total Stories Poems
2010 2761 2403 358 (13%)
2011 4943 4378 565 (11%)
2012 5711 4858 853 (15%)
2013 5501 4422 1079 (20%)
2014 8153 5797 2356 (29%)
2015 1197 743 454 (38%)[/code]

*Bear in mind that figures don't include the deleted category
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by overmykneenow
Poems are taking over Lush. Mind you I think you mods have to shoulder some of the blame for that - you're even accepting haikus now!

[code]
Total Stories Poems
2010 2761 2403 358 (13%)
2011 4943 4378 565 (11%)
2012 5711 4858 853 (15%)

They also accept sonnets.

Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by overmykneenow

Actually, we're not supposed to be. Please let me know (off the forum) if you spot any that slipped through the net.

We process a huge number of submission every month, so it's not surprising if one or two end up being approved by accident.

Thank you. smile
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Liz

Actually, we're not supposed to be. Please let me know (off the forum) if you spot any that slipped through the net.

We process a huge number of submission every month, so it's not surprising if one or two end up being approved by accident.

Thank you. smile

Does this mean my last poem will be returned and I need to resubmit another one so I don't lose my author 100 badge?

It's ok..xxx
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
Quote by overmykneenow

[code]
Total Stories Poems
2010 2761 2403 358 (13%)
2011 4943 4378 565 (11%)
2012 5711 4858 853 (15%)

Not to be nerdy, but how did you get these stats?
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
An emo haiku by my cat Minky:

So sad, no water
no food or kitty litter
My owner's a dick.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Verbal

Not to be nerdy, but how did you get these stats?

It's impossible to answer that in a non-nerdy way
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Lurker
0 likes
Duplicated post
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Verbal
An emo haiku by my cat Minky:

So sad, no water
no food or kitty litter
My owner's a dick.

To Minky with all my love:

Qué pesadilla
tú siempre estorbando
gata malvada.

Written in Spanish because it's easier for me to count the syllables.

Translation:

What a nightmare
You always disturbing
Evil cat
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
Quote by overmykneenow

It's impossible to answer that in a non-nerdy way

Nerdy will suffice.
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
For the record, I have 20 stories posted, 6 poems (none of them emo), and no one ever reads them anyway! (was that an emo thing to say?)
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
Quote by Marta_

To Minky with all my love:

Qué pesadilla
tú siempre estorbando
gata malvada.

Written in Spanish because it's easier for me to count the syllables.

Translation:

What a nightmare
You always disturbing
Evil cat

Lurker
0 likes
yay to what Rick said.

Black cats are good luck
And if you love them they will
Bring you much love back.
Charming as fuck
0 likes
Those same stats show that the number of stories published has more than doubled in the past 4 years, which, considering how much we have tightened our standards, is fantastic.

People have a bit of a love-hate relationship with poetry here. Bear in mind though, some people are here only for the poetry. They might not have the time, inclination or attention span to read or write a story. Some of those people bring ideas, forum debates, friends and i'll say it, much welcomed revenue to Lush. I don't see any problem with letting them have a voice, subject to mod approval. If people don't want to see the poetry, they can choose to filter it out in their settings. I do agree though that this should be a place for celebrating love and erotica. Sad/Emo poems are cathartic and can have their place, but on the whole, people come here to be aroused and feel good.

One of the most beautiful things about Lush is its diversity. With this in mind, why can't we enjoy the things here that make us happy, instead of seeking out those things that irk us? Live and let live.

For those writing sad/mad/revenge/annoyed poems... before you submit, ask yourself who you're writing them for. If they're only for you, take an extra second before you hit the submit button. If you still want to submit, go for it. That's what we're here for xx
Captain Turtle
0 likes
I consider myself a better poet than writer, they make up the vast majority of my Author100.

I have had my fair share of creations rejected, for various reasons. I understand that it is hard work for the mod team.

*Bottles emo poems from now on*
Insert something witty here.
living dead girl
0 likes
Quote by sprite

thanks,
sprite - member

You must hate my stuff
if you have ever read it
as it is often depressing

if people don't like something they do not have to read it
not everyone's work is to others taste
I happen to like reading sad works of art..it speaks to my soul....

Also just because its sad does not make it...emo
Mazztastic
0 likes
I don't mind if a poem is sad or deep if it's well written and engaging. I do find it a bit depressing to see tons like that though.

I also like punctuation in poems - Call me old-fashioned but I think that not many writers can pull off missing full stops...

The categories are Erotic and Humour - I'm not sure that a lot of them really fall into that category though? (not that I've never submitted a few of those myself right enough)

In saying that, I have read some outstanding pieces here - especially Shylass, Frank_Lee, Laura Lee and Avgblkgirl... (to name some off the top of my head!)
Testing The Waters.
0 likes
I'm not surprised.

An erotic poem here will average double the votes and comments that it will receive anywhere else -- even on sites with higher traffic. When the site's readership is the most responsive around, erotic poets are going to hear about it and act accordingly.

Love poems can probably get a larger response on a "mainstream" site, but for naughty poetry, I haven't seen a readership this engaged anywhere else.

Quote by overmykneenow

[code]
Total Stories Poems
2010 2761 2403 358 (13%)
2011 4943 4378 565 (11%)
2012 5711 4858 853 (15%)

Prolific Writer
0 likes
Just remember your sad poems and any rejected poems can always be put on Lush's non-erotic site.

http://www.storiesspace.com

A lot of the same members that are here are also over there. Just a thought.

Hugs,
Mysteria
xxoxox
Captain Turtle
0 likes
I am aware of that. Though some of my sad ones were rejected from there too.
Insert something witty here.
Prolific Writer
0 likes
Quote by StillUndecided
I am aware of that. Though some of my sad ones were rejected from there too.

They must have been really sad then.....xo
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
I think the main message to be had here is that while sadness most definitely has its place in erotic literature, it's best to remember that poems submitted to Lush should inherently be erotic.

Sadness can be portrayed in an erotic way without being angsty. I'm sure we've all got a sad story or two to tell, but there's a place for everything.