Lush Guide to Forum Signatures

last reply
0 replies
5.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes

Update for Lush V2 10th March 2023. Please be aware you need a gold subscription to create a forum signature and forum rank.

It’s great to see so many creative forum signatures, from quirky quotes to gripping graphics. Whether you’re a novice or a veteran to the forum sig game, a little help can go a long way. Here’s a great guide to spicing up your signature.

How do I create a forum signature?

1. On the homepage, select the "Forum" tab.

2. From there, click the "More" option (there is a little drop-down arrow next to it):

3. This will yield a list of options. Select "Forum Settings":

4. This will bring you directly to the tool you need to begin editing your forum signature with images, texts, or a combination thereof:

If you'd like to add links to your forum signature, you have two options:

1. Simply copy & paste the link directly into your signature, and it will appear as is.

2. Create a hyperlink by copying the link, highlighting any text in which you'd like to contain the link, and simply paste the link. It will appear as simple text, but the color of the text will change to red so that users will know that clicking the text will take them to a specific link.

Ex. Here's my profile for your viewing pleasure.

**Only images that are uploaded and stored into your Lush media gallery can be added to forum signatures. Also, if you don't have 20 or more forum posts, images in your forum signature will not be visible.**

What size should it be?

In the age of smart phones, tablets, and tiny net books, it’s important to keep in mind that too long or too wide of a signature can lead to seemingly endless scrolling.

As shown in the graphic above, the dimensions (or resolution) of your forum signature should not exceed that of 728 (width) x 150 (height/length) px. This is not per graphic, but any combination of graphics as well as text.

If you strictly stick to the text-signature route, your signature should not exceed 10 lines of text in the regular size (default), non-formatted font, including line spacing. One line space = one line of text. If formatting or changing the size of the font, make necessary adjustments in regards to the number of lines of text. In other words, the bigger and bolder the text, the fewer lines of text you'll be able to use.

Example All-Text Signature:

Line One
Line Two
Line Three
Line Four
Line Five
Line Six
Line Seven
Line Eight
Line Nine
Line Ten

In addition, the maximum file size of any forum signature is 100KB.

How do I know what size it is?

Whether it's saved to your computer or is being viewed in your web browser, you can check the dimensions and size of your graphic.

Stored on Your Computer:

Right click the image or file name (Ctrl + Click for Mac), choose Details and select the Properties tab. To view the file size, scroll down to the Image section. To view the dimensions, scroll down to the File section.

Web Browser:

Right click for a PC or Ctrl + click for a Mac and do one of the following, depending on your browser:

Chrome – Select 'Open image in new tab' or drag it into another tab and then hover the tab with your cursor, it will display the dimensions (resolutions), but not the size. To see the image size, you’ll have to install an extension from the Chrome Store to see it in your browser. I recommend this one, as it's the most simple to use (right click, select 'Image info', and you see dimensions and file size).

Safari – Choose 'Inspect Element' and then select 'Images', which will be on the left side. You should then select the image to view the properties in the 'Styles' section, found on the right side. Safari does not allow you to view the image size in-browser at present, but you can save the image and inspect all properties that way.

Firefox – Click 'View Image Info'.

Internet Explorer – Select 'Properties'.

How do I make a banner for my forum signature?

If you’re not savvy when it comes to creating your own designs, a quick online search will return a plethora of sites on the interwebs that will do it for you. In most cases, you provide the graphics and the text, and they’ll do the rest. You may have to adjust the dimensions yourself, or you can select them before the banner is generated.

Note: Many online banner-generators include their signature somewhere in your banner that links to their website, and it can sometimes throw off the aesthetics of your signature.

For those who are comfortable crafting their own, use any image editing software you prefer and make sure your image is saved in the proper formats.

**Keep size restrictions in mind when editing and uploading images for your forum signature.**

**There currently is not an option to embed a link in an image in your forum signature**

What kind of images can I use in my forum signature?

All Lush profile photos and videos guidelines in the Acceptable Use Policy apply. Your forum signature should only feature softcore images, which are the kind of images we allow in the general (non-hardcore) sections of the forum. Explicit genital photos and hardcore images will be removed.

*Disclaimer: Please note, in the eyes of the law, Lushstories.com is not seen as a producer of such content uploaded, you as members are, so please remember you are legally responsible and accountable for what you upload.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░