Posting to Chat from Tumblr

last reply
1 reply
1.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Why am I unable to post from Tumblr directly, or indirectly to a Chat room ?

I've saved the pic's to my hard drive and tried to drag and drop. That doesn't work.

I've right and left clicked and tried to drag and drop. That doesn't work.

I have been able to copy/paste the url address into Chat but the url address is what shows on the chat window, not the pic.

I'm tired of just lurking and would like to be able to comtribute more than my witty repartee, lol.

Brian
And maybe just remind the FEW, if ill of us they speak, that WE are all that stand between, The Monsters and the Weak !
Michael Marks
Site administrator
0 likes
Probably 70% of the pictures that members post in the rooms come from Tumblr so why you have a problem is baffling. It should simply be a case of Copy Image URL and Paste Image URL and hit send. What browser do you use? If you have more than one browser is the same problem apparent using the others?

You cant post images into the rooms that reside on your PC. You have to upload them to your profile image gallery and copy/paste from there.

In respect of your fourth point I bet you did that from your PC and thus lost the correct file type which must be either .jpg, .jpeg, .png or .gif. The file type is at the end of the link.

If this challenge continues please post the link that appears in the room (but fails to translate to the image) in this thread; that may help us see whats happening.