rules rules rules

last reply
24 replies
2.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
I was very excited when I got here but now I'm in a slump. Started moving stories here from my literotica account, because I thought I would have more freedom here, but one of my literotica stories can't be published here. I never really got some of the rules these sites have. Writting is simply expression of thought which means there really is no such thing as illegal fiction. Do any readers know of erotic literature sites that don't have their own arbitrary rules?
The Linebacker
0 likes
I don't know of any sites with arbitrary rules. Most sites rules make a lot of sense, like this one. I don't think I could stand to read stories that don't at least have some minimum standard of quality. Story after story of unreadable garbage full of bad grammar and misspellings would not interest me at all. I'm also quite satisfied that bestiality, scat and incest are not allowed here. I think Lush's rules are the reason it is now the most popular erotica site on the internet.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by alexxxnova
I was very excited when I got here but now I'm in a slump. Started moving stories here from my literotica account, because I thought I would have more freedom here, but one of my literotica stories can't be published here. I never really got some of the rules these sites have. Writting is simply expression of thought which means there really is no such thing as illegal fiction. Do any readers know of erotic literature sites that don't have their own arbitrary rules?

sure, if you're into [censored by fascist rule abiding mod] and [censored by fascist rule abiding mod]. other than that, you're going to get 'arbitrary rules'.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Testing The Waters.
0 likes
Every site has story guidelines.

There are things you can publish here that you can't publish there. There are things that will perform better here than they will there. And the reverse is naturally true.

If you feel all your stories have to have one home, then you're limiting yourself. Odds are that you're not going to find any site that will accept every story you dream up.
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
Wait...we have rules/standards?!

No one ever tells me shit!

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Dani

Bite me. biggrin

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
Quote by sprite

Bite me. biggrin

I'm allergic.

Head Penguin
0 likes
Quote by Dani

Yeah, that's why we keep bouncing your stories!

A First Class Service Ch.5

A steamy lesbian three way

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by alexxxnova

Well that's the purpose behind Lush: it's a place for people to find high-quality and publishable-quality erotica. The wheat from the chaff. People - like me - worked hard to improve overall so we were no longer the chaff, but only the wheat.
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
Quote by DanielleX

Yeah, that's why we keep bouncing your stories!

This last message I received was just plain rude:

"Dani, look. No one wants to read Goldie-Cocks and the Three Bears. Stick to the forums."

Head Penguin
0 likes
Quote by Dani

"Dani, look. No one wants to read Goldie-Cocks and the Three Bears. Stick to the forums."

Awww I'd read that

I got away with writing Goldilocks and the three beers! lol

A First Class Service Ch.5

A steamy lesbian three way

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
So, then leave it on Literotica? I don't see the problem. That's why I have both as well, though I was on Literotica years before Lush.

I don't agree with some of the restrictions here at Lush, however, I'm still here and not overreacting to them. If you don't like the rules here, then web search for another place to go. No need to ask us, really, when you're sitting in front of some sort of device that allowed you to come here.

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Dani

of course we have rules dani ... what r standards? some type of flag??? do we each get our own flag? what r the rules on size and design???
excuse me a moment...

that's better

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Dani

bit lost here.... is this the transsexual version of Danielle's wonderful work ? Is it set in Thailand? I love Thailand!!! You will have to drop the three bears I think? I know a few rednecks here who say they r good at dropping bears ... and deer and people even!

If you need me to contact them .. I'm in the Lush Pub ... as always

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Guest

I don't think they have arbitrary rules on Lush do they? I thought they were quite specific and designed to frame the site in the manner its owners have chosen for its future presentation/style?
I know the rules are less rigid elsewhere because I read elsewhere before coming here. And I still venture back for certain topics no longer featured on Lush.
As for Site Anything Goes? Would have no idea if it exists, but it surely does, somewhere out there on the www.. Wonder if it wants a sponsor? .. the Hayley Bail Bond Corporation for Erotic Writers would be ideal.

Is there such a thing as illegal fiction? .. "Yes!" said the judge ...
And in certain places .. far toooo many places ... there is also illegal truth.... places like China, Russia, Washington ...

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
As it has been said, there are rules on every site you go to. One of the most prominent one is no minor children - I don't know of ANY site that allows that! Lush has it's rules sure, but so does every other site out there. I feel that the rules Lush has are very fair and workable. I have a tumblr site that if I want to do something I know Lush won't allow I can put there. So my "creativity" isn't at all stifled. And I know other writers with other sites as well as Lush too.

I do bump up against the fence from time to time, but by and large Lush is the best place out there to write for. The people here, the Mods, and the atmosphere is better than anyplace else I have found and I have tried several. I like the input I get from readers, the help I get from the Mods, and the social aspect of the Forums and black boxes.

Yep I'm here for a long time to come!
The Almighty Space Potato
0 likes
Rules are what make the world tick, if there weren't any rules we'd be in utter chaos, lush is no different. When the "naughty" subject was taken away, I opposed the decision but at the end of the day that is the site creator's decision so that's final. I'm quite happy with the rules that come to stories because there would be an abundance of glorification for illegal actions from some ill-minded people, if there were no rules what so ever.
0 likes
man, i wish there were MORE rules. people be writing some crazy stuff. if only i could unread it.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by browncoffee
man, i wish there were MORE rules. people be writing some crazy stuff. if only i could unread it.

your wish is my command. Rule #14: don't be writing crazy stuff, people.

i love my job.

Raised on Blackroot
0 likes
Quote by sprite

your wish is my command. Rule #14: don't be writing crazy stuff, people.

i love my job.

Mary had big titties.
Dem titties white as snow.
And everywhere dem titties went,
Big dicks were sure to follow.

I know you wanna read more of that crazy poetry, little miss. You better rethink that there rule.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Guest

I suspect the illegal fiction probably refers to age. which on all sites is regulated by law, not the web-site.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I bitch about the rules as much as anyone. But the truth is when I get a story accepted...knowing how hard it is...I have a real feeling of accomplishment.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by sprite

sure, if you're into [censored by fascist rule abiding mod] and [censored by fascist rule abiding mod]. other than that, you're going to get 'arbitrary rules'.

Now that there, that's funny.

As for the topic, I believe in the freedom of expression as much as the next author, but there are places (sites) where a specific type of story would not be appropriate. I too am originally from the big L, and most of their rules are what make that site (and this one) what they are.
There are as many sites as you have opinions in this world (IMHO) so I'm sure you can find the proper type of site for any story with just a little research. Proper grammar, now that's just normal courtesy to the reader.
machu