Do you have a facebook account?

last reply
87 replies
6.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
I used to. I deleted it a couple years ago when my friends and family started driving me crazy. Also back when FB was changing privacy settings arbitrarily and not telling you.
In-House Sapiosexual
0 likes
Yes, I do.
? A True Story ?
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Nope. I had one a couple of years ago, then deleted it, for the same reasons that BethanyFrasier mentioned.

It was fun for getting back in touch with some of my childhood friends, but the majority of my current friends aren't quite the 'social networking' type anyway; some of them didn't even have a phone at some point, haha. All the news/updates I was receiving were from people I really didn't care about all that much.

My sister has an account and has most of my childhood friends on it, so I can still check what's going on with these people every once in a while. I never contact them though, I don't really feel the need to: the past is the past.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Facebook has not been good to me, two old friends found me but were looking for something I wasn't willing to deal with!
Lurker
0 likes
Yes I do
Lurker
0 likes
Yes , I have one ..and I am not planning to deactivate it either because every time I do it lasts just for a couple of weeks before my friends starts yelling at me through phone calls
Lurker
0 likes
people still Facebook???
Lurker
0 likes
Yes, but not under this identity. Facebook is extremely effective for displaying and promoting the work of the humanitarian charities that I am involved with, such as polio eradication, water projects in the developing world, Sightsavers, and a charity that funds limb camps and centres in Africa and the Indian sub continent where people who have lost a leg or legs can be fitted with an effective low cost prosthesis.
Lurker
0 likes
Nope don't have one and never will
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
No.
0 likes
no. my old friends knew my younger self. i hate my younger self. how could they have ever liked her? creeps.
The Bee's Knees
0 likes
nope. have never even been on the site.

Say. Her. Name.

Chat Moderator
0 likes
No, and I'm the only one in my friends and family circle that doesn't. Based on what I see them share and complain about, I'll just live vicariously through them. I'm all set.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have an account but I rarely access it.
0 likes
I set up an account years ago...but never really did anything with it, and haven't touched it (logged in) in at least three years. Maybe more.

Friends, true, dear friends, are the kind with whom you have coffee--barring coffee, you call, or text, or FaceTime, or Skype, or whatever. Even black boxing or chatting here is more intimate than FB. Facebook, IMHO, is a great way of pretending to be a friend.
Want to spend some time wallowing in a Recommended Read? Pick one! Or two! Or seven!

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I've had a Facebook account for 11 years now. It's a great tool for keeping in touch and discovering memes but it's also a huge time sink so I'm always making an effort to curb my use.

I can’t think of a good tagline so this will have to do. Suggest a better one for me?

Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
Yes, and I am fairly active on it. I think of FB as like the front yard of your house - lawn mowed, sidewalk shoveled, everything neat and orderly. It's the public face of your life, not much interesting or "real" there.

Lush is more like the back yard, where the toys are, where you have fun, and the chaos is a little more obvious. I don't know that it is any more "real" than FB, but it is another side, and way more interesting.
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
Nope, deleted my account several years ago. No regrets.

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Princess Popsicle
0 likes
I have a Facebook account and I use it a reasonable amount. My friends and family are spread out over the country and I've moved away too. This means I don't see them as much as I'd like to and Facebook is a great way to stay up-to-date, I can see photos and what they're up to no matter where either of us are. It doesn't replace traditional methods though, for me it's an addition. I call my auntie once a week, same goes for my grandparents, and I email them bits and bobs too, especially sending photos to my gramma. I call my dad daily and speak to my brother and close friends every day or two... it's just another option!
If you like first time, bisexual or teen then please read this and help make it famous!

My First Time With a Girl
Detention Seeker
0 likes
I did but I hate the Adverts and spam caused by it so closed it fully.
Clumeleon
0 likes
Yes, but I only visit it so as not to miss out on important family events.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yes I do

www.szadvntures.com

Latest story:

• TBD

• Bump in the Night-Microfiction

• Smoke Break-Interracial