Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

London - What's the attraction?

last reply
59 replies
5.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes

If you could see just one sight, what would it be?

19 votes remaining
Buckingham Palace (1 vote) 5%
The Tower of London (15 votes) 79%
Big Ben/Houses of Parliament (6 votes) 32%
Trafalgar Square (0 votes) 0%
The London Eye (0 votes) 0%
Tower Bridge (1 vote) 5%
St. Paul's Cathedral (2 votes) 11%
English Rose
0 likes
London regularly tops of the tourist charts in terms of the city with the largest number of visitors per annum. I live 80 miles from London, so it's easy to get very blasé about what's there. I'd like to know what the big draw is? If you could only see one sight, what would top your list?
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/fetish/worship-my-bum.aspx
My new story has been awarded the Recommended Read. If you adore a needy bottom and fancy a short, but very naughty read...
Lurker
0 likes
One sight? In London? Hmm, how about... the Davids? (Beckham and Gandy)

EDIT: Quite honestly, I couldn't choose one out of all the attractions listed in the poll. Feels, to me, like you've gotta see them all to get a good feel of the place. I'd personally give the London Eye and Tower Bridge a miss though; they look a tad too modern-esque and ticket prices are quite high!
Lurker
0 likes
If I were restricted to just one then I'd rather stay away.
It would be like being taken to the Louvre and being told you can only view one piece.

London is a wonderful maelstrom that can't be summed up by any single attraction, building, area or experience.
Is New York the Empire State?
Or Paris the Palais de Versailles?

Give me the chance to experience and explore all, or none.
The Linebacker
0 likes
The history of the place is awesome. My first visit was a busy business trip, so I was a bit frustrated that I had a quickie tour of just a few things. But I have really enjoyed subsequent trips. Having a lot of British ancestry in me makes Britain one of my favorite places to visit.
Lurker
0 likes
For me there isn't one.
I have always hated the place... it is noisy, smelly, overcrowded and thoroughly unpleasant to live in, apart from being ridiculously expensive. Always avoided the opportunities to work there.
For the price of a one bedroom hutch there you can have a 5 bedroom house with an acre of ground where I am. No contest at all.
Finally there is an arc of population crammed in around the northern side of the river in the centre that thinks there isn't anywhere else that matters in the UK.
Many of those who live there labour under a delusion that they own the universe.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by B0swell0x

Many of those who live there labour under a delusion that they own the universe.

I thought that was Americans

Seriously...I wouldn't like to live in London. But I do like to visit fairly frequently. I find it's a big change from my West Country backwater. There's electricity, for one thing...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I would rather roast my balls on a BBQ than live in London. I stayed there for 3 years and i grew to hate it, but a short visit is amazing.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
The Shard building does remind me of a giant cock though x
Try before you buy x
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Having spent my entire youth living amongst cornfields and cattle, as an adult I have an infatuation with large cities and urban life. Have I ever chosen to live within urban walls? No. But I love to work, to visit, to feel the pulse and meet the people of the world's largest cities. London has it all, not just one main attraction. The people, Harrods, the afore mentioned history, the theatre, the pubs, the box car cabs, football, and the meandering streets. I have enjoyed many conversations with the people there that in one breath will tell you all is wrong with the big city, the monarchy and Parliament, and in the next breath share their innate pride for the city. Sure it has all issues faced by a large urban city, but go take in the atmosphere of a Chelsea football game and have a couple of pints at a local pub. All is good.

Class of 82 - The Little Sister Halloween Party ~ My newest story preparing for the annual fraternity Halloween party.
Journey With You ~ A love poem about a full life shared.
The Game's Ultimate Prize ~ The evening begins with cocktails ... a recommended read.
Una chica rubia caliente
0 likes
I have seen all the places listed, so I would want to see KatieElizabeth, and I would like to take my time about it !!
0 likes
I've been there once and quite liked it. You left off the great array of museums and galleries: National Gallery, Tate Museum, Victoria and Albert, and the British Museum. Yeah, I'm a museum junkie. Out of that lot, though, St. Paul's. I'm a lover of churches and church architecture even though my own faith/beliefs are a bit off the beaten path.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Two great sights that are not here, Katie Elizabeth and Cindertoffee - Sob! Seriously London has ne advantage, and that is, whatever your interest, there will be something for you, from Architecture to Zoology. I work in London (Not the City area) and live in Surrey.
Devil's Advocate
0 likes
Quote by Shannon3K
I have seen all the places listed, so I would want to see KatieElizabeth, and I would like to take my time about it !!

Yeah, I reckon!

I fingered the Tower of London. The guided Beefeater tour before it opens is thoroughly entertaining, and there's a real diversity of stuff to see there...as well as the Tower Bridge from the top of the wall.

You can actually do a day tour that takes in all these sights, and still leaves time for dinner at Gordon Fucking Ramsay's and a show. We saw Matilda at the Cambridge Theatre. Granted, Big Ben was a drive-by and we only peered through the bars at Buckingham Palace, but still...

I'd highly recommend jumping in a black cab and getting the driver to take you around for an hour or so. They're by far the best cabbies in the world, and it's a tour in itself.
My latest story is a racy little piece about what happens when someone cute from work invites you over to watch Netflix and Chill.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by MovingOn14
Having spent my entire youth living amongst cornfields and cattle, as an adult I have an infatuation with large cities and urban life. Have I ever chosen to live within urban walls? No. But I love to work, to visit, to feel the pulse and meet the people of the world's largest cities. London has it all, not just one main attraction. The people, Harrods, the afore mentioned history, the theatre, the pubs, the box car cabs, football, and the meandering streets. I have enjoyed many conversations with the people there that in one breath will tell you all is wrong with the big city, the monarchy and Parliament, and in the next breath share their innate pride for the city. Sure it has all issues faced by a large urban city, but go take in the atmosphere of a Chelsea football game and have a couple of pints at a local pub. All is good.

Chelsea??? You want to try further north if you want atmosphere.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The big sights are just the backdrop of London - there are loads of museums and art galleries.

Yes, London can be very expensive but you don't have to break the bank on a trip. Get a travelcard - it's valid on the underground, the buses and the trains (up to about 12 miles out from the centre) - good value on its own but even better as it can get two for one entry on a huge list of attractions. The travelcard can also get you a reduced fare on the riverbus which is a great way of seeing London.

Of course the best way to see London is on foot but if you want a cheap tour, hop on the number 23 bus at Liverpool street. On its way to Marble Arch it goes past the Bank of England, St Paul's, Covent Garden, Trafalgar Square, Piccadilly Circus and Selfridges - you can even stay on it to go to Portobello Road Market
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by dpw

Chelsea??? You want to try further north if you want atmosphere.

Actually, if I was to suggest anywhere in London for a tourist to go to see a football game it would be Fulham. About a mile or so away from Chelsea but a much nicer stadium, a much better atmosphere and situated right on the Thames. A slightly different option would to get themselves down to the Stoop to watch 'Quins
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by overmykneenow

Actually, if I was to suggest anywhere in London for a tourist to go to see a football game it would be Fulham. About a mile or so away from Chelsea but a much nicer stadium, a much better atmosphere and situated right on the Thames. A slightly different option would to get themselves down to the Stoop to watch 'Quins

The Cottage is nice and thy do have a good atmosphere but the team...!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I think by mentioning choices, you've curtailed the significance of the city. To me the history and culture of London and society of Londoners are the biggest attractions smile
I like the way you make me feel even when I'm nowhere near...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
History for a start so many things to do and see.
Lurker
0 likes
Though raised in USA and Turkey, I'm a daughter of a London girl. And that makes me the biggest attraction ;)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm a London girl born and bred and have always lived within 10 miles of the centre. All of the above posts are great choices for the tourist, but here's my top Tip.

Pick a warm summers afternoon (midweek is good), take a Tube to Covent garden and walk around the old market and enjoy the street fun. Stop for a drink or two at anyone of the great pubs in the area that have outside tables. Then walk to the Opera house and visit the Sarastro Restaurant, Drury Lane, for an early evening meal (book in advance to make sure) Where there is often Singers from the opera house or live music. (Lusher's will love the erotic toilet art) Then get a black cab to Buckingham Palace and watch the sun go down in Green Park. Then walk along The Mall in the soft light (Romantic) towards Marble arch and get the open top bus that takes in many of the attractions.
Lurker
0 likes
The lifestyle itself and Tottenham Hotspur FC........

Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I get to travel a fair bit yet every time I fly over London I believe I am coming home to the best city in the world. It has everything from amazing architecture, green spaces and wonderful parks , an exceptional array of great restaurants. Friendly people all over. Great shopping. History everywhere you look. I don't think it is any more expensive these days than other major cities but it is true that the more money you have the more opportunities open up. Whatever you want or need can be found.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Katie's knickers.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I live in the suburbs, so just 25 mins from the centre of town by train. The attractions don't interest me that much; I tend to meet with friends for drinks. So perhaps I would say the traditional pubs are an attraction. I saw St Pauls close up for the first time a couple of years ago, when doing Jury Service at the Old Bailey. It is a great building.

Leicester Square is a nice place at 7am, on a sunny morning, when all the idiots have left. 3am is a warzone.

The walk across Waterloo bridge or Embankment bridge is great. The view up and down the Thames is beautiful. The most impressive building, IMO is the houses of Parliament.
{allba115-feed-5eed-facedeadbeef}
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Unless I have a specific preplanned 'target' (a purchase or appointment/meeting), I do as in everywhere else: just wander around more or less aimlessly, not much interested in tourist attractions.
The unexpected treasures you'll find can be quite amazing, Europe, Asia, the M.E., even the in the Americas(who woulda guessed)!