Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

What Are The Most Memorable Movie Scenes That Have Stayed With You Always?

last reply
447 replies
40.3k views
1 watcher
5 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Gone With The Wind Railyard Scene

The Siege Combat Troops In Brooklyn

I define nothing. Not beauty, not patriotism. I take each thing as it is, without prior rules about what it should be.
- Bob Dylan

Consistent, Persistent and Bullshit Resistant!
- Trinket
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Alex Undergoing Ludivico's Treatment in A Clockwork Orange

I define nothing. Not beauty, not patriotism. I take each thing as it is, without prior rules about what it should be.
- Bob Dylan

- Trinket
Lurker
1 like

This one from Casablanca, - On the train, Rick's disappointment reading the note from Ilsa, Max Steiner music in the background
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Peter O'Toole says goodbye to his wife's memory to begin a new life in Creator
- Bob Dylan

- Trinket
In-House Sapiosexual
0 likes
Sgt. Elias' scene when he is trying to make the chopper in "Platoon" (1986)

Several scenes in "Tears of the Sun". When they pass over the compound in the helicopter and everyone left has been slaughtered. When they make the decision to take the Indigenous Africans with them and that last battle scene. I've seen it a thousand times and I still cry, scream, swear and cheer.

The funeral scene in "Imitation of Life".

The scene where Barbara Streisand gets Robert Redford to come back because she can't sleep and the last scene in "The Way We Were".

When Billie D. Williams says, "You gonna'let my hand fall off," in "Lady Sings the Blues"

When Holly tries to find Cat in the Rain in "Breakfast at Tiffany's".

Every scene in "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof", with Paul Newman and Elizabeth Tayler. But, I love it when Big Daddy say that line, "You have the audacity..." That's my favorite line.

"Last of the Mohicans". "I will find you." Beautiful stuff there. Oh and, that night when (I don't care what anyone says) they had sex.

Okay, that's enough.
? A True Story ?
Lurker
0 likes
"We gotta get a bigger boat"
"Bullshit"
Now does anyone remember where they were from?
Lurker
0 likes
Noah?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by grghrn
"We gotta get a bigger boat"
"Bullshit"
Now does anyone remember where they were from?

Jaws 1975

- Bob Dylan

- Trinket
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
The chess game scene from the original "Thomas Crown Affair."
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
In the Rutger Hauer move Wanted Dead or Alive.
The final scene where he pulled the pin from the grenade in the terrorists mouth and said "Fuck the Bonus".
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
In the Rutger Hauer movie Wanted Dead or Alive.
The final scene where he pulled the pin from the grenade in the terrorists mouth and said "Fuck the Bonus".
In-House Sapiosexual
0 likes
Quote by Gatekeeper48
The chess game scene from the original "Thomas Crown Affair."

Oh that is a great one!
? A True Story ?
Lurker
0 likes
Titanic's Jack and Rose were getting it on in a car... Out of nowhere, a hand slaps the frosty window.

As a kid, I immediately went, "Whoa! Horror movie?!" That's why this has stuck with me since!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The final scene in "The Magnificent Seven" when Yul Brynner and Steve McQueen ride off together.

The chase scene in "Bullitt"

"Somewhere over the rainbow" in the Wizard of Oz.

When Ingrid Bergman collapses in Bogie's arms in his apartment and tells him he has to decide for the two of them what to do.

When you hear "Mrs Robinson" for the first time in "The Graduate"

The last fight scene in "Cinderella Man"

The sword fight between Errol Flynn and Basil Rathbone in "Robin Hood"

When Rachel McAdams fucks Ryan Gosling in "The Notebook"

When King Kong kicks the T. Rex's ass in the original "King Kong"

The last scenes of "Gunga Din"

The Normandy Beach invasion in "Saving Private Ryan"

John Wayne's charge at the bad guys firing a pistol in both hands in "True Grit"
“It's nice sometimes to open up the heart a little and let some hurt come in. It proves you're still alive.”
Active Ink Slinger
1 like
Soldier- Kurt Russell looks at Connie Nielsen and replies he will kill all the attackers.

Last fight scene in V for Vendetta Where He says I'm an idea and ideas are bullet proof

- Bob Dylan

- Trinket
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
From Casablanca - Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman. 1942.

Ilsa - Ingrid Bergman
Sam - Dooley Wilson.
Ric - Humphrey Bogart

Dialogue.

Ilsa: Play it once, Sam. For old times' sake.

Sam: [lying] I don't know what you mean, Miss Ilsa.

Ilsa: Play it, Sam. Play "As Time Goes By."

Sam: [lying] Oh, I can't remember it, Miss Ilsa. I'm a little rusty on it.

Ilsa: I'll hum it for you. Da-dy-da-dy-da-dum, da-dy-da-dee-da-dum...

[Sam begins playing]

Ilsa: Sing it, Sam.

Sam: [singing] You must remember this / A kiss is still a kiss / A sigh is just a sigh / The fundamental things apply / As time goes by. / And when two lovers woo, / They still say, "I love you" / On that you can rely / No matter what the future brings-...

Rick: [rushing up] Sam, I thought I told you never to play-...

[Sees Ilsa. Sam closes the piano and rolls it away]

The film has consistently ranked near the top of lists of the greatest films of all time.

Needless to say I am a Humphrey Bogart fan.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Robert Downey, Sr (yes, Ironman's father) made movies. One was called Greaser's Palace. It was a bible parody set in the old west. Jesus (Jesse) was an actor, singer, dancer working his way to Jerusalem. This movie is filled with scenes that stick in my head, but my favorite is when Jesse comes upon an old crippled man. He heals him, the man throws down his crutch, drops to his knees, and crawls off singing out "I can crawl again"

I got to use that line several years ago when my girlfriend hurt her back. She had to crawl to the bathroom in the middle of the night. I woke up and imitated the voice of the old man. I found out her back was not hurt that bad.
Red is the color of sex and signs that say Do Not Enter

The best thing to hear in the middle of the night - Lick Me
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Rutger Hauer in Fatherland when he finds he's been serving murderers all his life

- Bob Dylan

- Trinket
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
John Wayne as Rooster Cogburn saying "Fill your hand you son of a bitch", riding towards the baddie with the reigns of his horse in his mouth,shotgun in one hand and revolver in the other. From the film True Grit 1969.

Richard Dreyfuss making a mountain out of mash potato in Close Encounters.

Paul Newman eating 50 eggs in Cool Hand Luke.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Hotel Rwanda, there are many scenes which I'll not be forgetting from that film but most memorable for me is when they drive down a road and realise they're driving over massacred bodies. Felt so sick.

A slightly happier but bittersweet scene is when Celie sees her sister and meets her children as adults at the end of The Color Purple. The novel got me worse but the film's pretty hard hitting too! Don't often cry at films but I sob like a baby throughout that entire film every time!
Common Sense Iconoclast
0 likes
Lots, but one comes to mind:

Jimmy Stewart, Mr Smith Goes to Washington, his last words before collapsing. Not something you would ever see any Congress representative have the guts or integrity to even come close to.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than open one's mouth and remove all doubt" - Mark Twain (or Lincoln, or Confucius, or...)
Lurker
0 likes
Loads but this first one comes to mind.

Gerard Butler(swooooon. I so would) In 300
In his Scottish accented Greek shouting "THIS IS SPARTA" and kicking the messenger down into the great big bottomless hole.

Amazing xx
Lurker
0 likes
the amazing chick fight scene with the Bride and Elle Driver in Kill Bill volume 2
best fight ever

scenes from the first Kill Bill-where the Bride fights Vernita Green. love it

I love a great chick fight.

scenes from Immortals

I see a theme going here. lmao
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
sex scene in radley metzgers score in the bedroom
- Bob Dylan

- Trinket
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by BethanyFrasier
Nearly every scene with Rutger Hauer in Blade Runner, but especially this one...

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5b69ZXiGyY

One of my all time favorites. Also, the snippet when Harrison Ford is back at his apartment after getting the snot knocked out of him by Lenny - he takes a sip from the glass and blood leaks from his lip into the drink. Three seconds that are completely unforgettable.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by daddysweetheart
the amazing chick fight scene with the Bride and Elle Driver in Kill Bill volume 2
best fight ever

scenes from the first Kill Bill-where the Bride fights Vernita Green. love it

I love a great chick fight.

scenes from Immortals

I see a theme going here. lmao

Not the fight between Uma Thurman and the Crazy 88's? Not to mention the follow up fight with Lucy Liu?
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by MrNudiePants

Not the fight between Uma Thurman and the Crazy 88's? Not to mention the follow up fight with Lucy Liu?

I love that fight scene too.
0 likes
The duel between Count Rugen (Christopher Guest) and Inigo Montoya (Manny Patinkin) in The Princess Bride (which has a slew of great scenes, really).

The opening shot of Vader's destroyer chasing Leia's ship in Star Wars, Episode IV : A New Hope. I was 12 when it first came out (as just "Star Wars") and that opening scene just drew me right into the story.

As suggested by others, any number of scenes from Casablanca.

The first appearance by the "Mother Ship" at the climax of Close Encounters of the Third Kind.