last reply
46 replies
3.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes

How much do you divulge?

I just witnessed this question in Ask the Gals, and thought it might be interesting to hear guys' comments too.

So, how much do you divulge: to your male friends? to your female friends? to your sexual partners? to general acquaintances?

Do you have a tendency to boast and exaggerate, or are you more secretive and humble?

Thanks for sharing!

Note: The thread in Ask the Gals can be found here.
Lurker
0 likes
I say nothing to no one.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have one best friend that knows everything. I tend to hold some details back depending on whom I'm talking to. I've never understood exaggerating when it comes to any part of life to be honest. But I like to talk about my past experiences with partners that way if it was something I really enjoyed we could try it and see how it works.
Lurker
0 likes
More private and secretive, depends on how close i am with them.
0 likes
If we're talking intimate life, I generally keep my cards pretty close to my chest (I don't even base my stories on my own life). There are other areas of my life that I will discuss, though. Not much into embellishing my stories in any case.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by SereneProdigy

How much do you divulge?

I just witnessed this question in Ask the Gals, and thought it might be interesting to hear guys' comments too.

So, how much do you divulge: to your male friends? to your female friends? to your sexual partners? to general acquaintances?

Do you have a tendency to boast and exaggerate, or are you more secretive and humble?

Thanks for sharing!

Great question.
I'm not too sure how to reply. Each person is different, not all friends are the same nor are partners.
I only answer questions, I don't divulge much without being asked. I never discuss previous lovers with a new partner.
I suppose I'm more closed than open.
Chuckanator
0 likes
Hmmm. Well I divulge little with the guys because guys are usually focused on meaningless stuff like sports or politics. I find it amazing that women can talk with each other a few minutes and find out the most sensitive intimate details about each other. When my girl will ask me about what we guys discussed, I always say nothing. Not because I'm trying to be secretive but because we really talked about nothing.

I notice that in the stories here too. The guys are less detailed about the sex scenes. Pretty basic for us. But when a woman describes the same scene it is filled with details and emotions that never occur to most men.

Yep, god made us different and I for one am grateful for that.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I try not to but yes like Kiera, inadvertently too much some times.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by kiera
Inadvertantly too much, so it seems...so much for trust huh

In this respect I'm like a locked safe.
Many people, even here, have told me things but I would never repeat it.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
if i am asked i will tell honestly ,if not asked i dont tell.works for me.
Short Arse Brit
0 likes
Quote by dpw

In this respect I'm like a locked safe.
Many people, even here, have told me things but I would never repeat it.

I am the same babes, I didnt spill this person just guessed from my lack of response and has made a meal of it and twisted it...that said even after all this I know a bundle about said person and even after what they have done, i still would not/could not disclose what I know about them its not in my nature to do so.
The Duchess of Tart

Please check out my new story, co-written with the amazing Wilful.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/long-time-coming.aspx

And my latest poem, The Temptation.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/erotic-poems/the-temptation.aspx
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by asleep
I don't kiss and tell!!

i appreciate that rick ;)

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I never tell, to this day I haven't said a thing about things that happened years ago.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
My life is an open book, I hide nothing. That being said, I don't just volunteer everything about my life, but if asked, I will answer honestly.
Lurker
0 likes
What's mine is mine. I don't share now & never have. I feel like it's a betrayal of trust.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I used to love to get it all out on the table when I was younger, but I found that most people want to feel that you're open minded and interested in exploring, but you haven't tried everything. Now I let them keep that illusion. ;)
Lurker
0 likes
How much do you divulge?

... to your male friends? to your female friends? to your sexual partners? to general acquaintances? Do you have a tendency to boast and exaggerate, or are you more secretive and humble?

I don't think I have "told" another person anything about my sexploits, though I have told them how much I enjoyed them. Of course, here on Lush, I divulge everything if asked. I don't just post to boast. Not many of my stories are auto-biographical, but there are one or two that tell it like it was.
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
To answer my own question, it would be a big 'it depends' for me.

I don't usually feel the need to boast about my sexual exploits or to 'let them out', so I tend to be rather humble and secretive.

With general acquaintances and coworkers, it's quite rare that I go into full details; a lot of these people get overexcited and/or jealous when I divulge these things, so I tend to keep it to myself. There's no real advantage for me to discuss about my sexual deeds in these situations, so I usually remain fairly secretive/mysterious, or I discuss about my sexual past in very general terms.

With male friends that I'm close to and that have a sexual life similar to mine, I can be much more willing to go into details. It's rare for me to really boast though (and so are most of my closest friends), so it tends to turn out mostly as random/informative 'sexual discussions', rather than vulgar bragging where we're trying to figure out who has the most merit. The same goes with female friends that I'm close to, though obviously I'll discuss about it differently and might keep some things to myself.

With sexual partners, it varies greatly. It can be fun to tell some of my past adventures, though I try not to make them feel jealous/uncomfortable. Some girls love to hear those things though, so I can be pretty transparent and upfront. To be honest though, it's not like I have hundreds of tales to divulge; for a lot of my hottest sexual encounters, there wouldn't be much more to tell about them than to say "It really was so fucking hot that one time!".

Also, I'm generally pretty secretive about things that happened with a girl that I'm still currently seeing (well, aside from the crazy reviews that I write here on Lush). I like to keep those things as our dirty little secrets; to me, it's often much more exciting to keep some things secret rather than to divulge them to just anybody. There are things that happened with some of my girlfriends that I probably won't ever reveal to anybody else; either if it's because I'm a great romantic or if some things are better left to oneself is up to debate. The jury is still out on that one.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
As in most arenas of life, it depends. My basic guideline is that I don't talk bad about people, and this includes saying things that would make them squirm to have others know about. Apart from that, it depends on who I'm talking with, and like all guidelines, it can be broken if the situation is out of the ordinary. My wife and very few friends and family members really can ask me anything and get an honest and complete answer; if I want it to go no further, I just ask them and I've never yet been let down.

My other big rule I ask others to follow is "don't ask questions to which you may not want to know the answers." When a conversation turns toward dangerous waters, I generally remind my counterpart of this rule, and I've been pleasantly surprised to find that generally it makes them think a little more than they otherwise might.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
My private life is just that - private. If you are important enough - you know all my secrets anyway. If you are important enough, you probably did all those things with me that I want to keep secret.
Red is the color of sex and signs that say Do Not Enter

The best thing to hear in the middle of the night - Lick Me
Lurker
0 likes
A gentleman never kisses and tells. He might want to brag but he never does. I look at it this way; it's less about building my reputation than it is about protecting hers. Trust is a key element in any lasting relationship. I want my lady to trust me forever because I want to be with her forever and a day.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I do not divulge much at all. I keep things close to the vest. If I am involved with someone and truly trust them then I will answer any question they ask with 100 percent honesty even when I know the result will be less than desired.Trust is a huge thing with me and I feel that fun between two people should stay fun between those people unless you talk about it and agree about sharing the finer points.
Lurker
0 likes
Nothing to friends, it's my business! To lovers, anything they want to know.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
As much as I can without giving away enough information to identify me. Real world privacy is really important.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It depends on how comfortable I am with the person or people in question. If I don't feel like I'll be judged, I'm in a good mood, and they are sharing just as much as I am then I'll probably spill the details on anything. However, this is a pretty rare occurrence. I prefer to keep things close to the chest and maintain an air of mystery, especially with new folks.

I can’t think of a good tagline so this will have to do. Suggest a better one for me?

Lurker
0 likes
It's my/our secret. Some guys talk a lot.

I don't share ;)