0 likes
Quote by silveranode
I have, what you see is what you get

Aww..tries not to laugh.

Did you play around with the %s'?

Don't know if I'm doing that right.
Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
I just did this to mine & I love it. I did change my profile background image though... but wow! what an amazing change!!! It looks amazing!! Big time thank you to Gav & Nic!!!

Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by NymphWriter
I just did this to mine & I love it. I did change my profile background image though... but wow! what an amazing change!!! It looks amazing!! Big time thank you to Gav & Nic!!!

Looking good!

It definitely needs a dark background to make the CSS work.
Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
Quote by nicola

Looking good!

It definitely needs a dark background to make the CSS work.

Yeah... I had to go through a few tries before I found the best one... & I think I finally did!
Rocker of the cocker
0 likes
Quote by Possibly

Thanks Nicola and Gav...I love the new feature. Having a ball with it!

Your profile looks pretty cool, I like it. smile
Lurker
0 likes
Is mine ok? I've been tweaking it with the background...just want to make sure it's not too hard on the eyes.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The horror. Sorry Nic, I think it looks awful.

And just wait until you see one with an animated gif as the background. They should probably come with a PSE warning.

The little icons were obviously made for a white background so all look a bit ropey now (the FR button in particular). Callisto's profile looks terrible, Possibly's even worse.

Shit, the more I see, the more I keep thinking "MySpace"
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Mazztastic
0 likes
Quote by overmykneenow
The horror. Sorry Nic, I think it looks awful.

And just wait until you see one with an animated gif as the background. They should probably come with a PSE warning.

The little icons were obviously made for a white background so all look a bit ropey now (the FR button in particular). Callisto's profile looks terrible, Possibly's even worse.

I don't really like it either - most of the ones I've seen just look kind of half loaded and are difficult and confusing to try and read...

Generally speaking though, I think the improvements on the site are fab, just not this one.

I think that for the transparency to look good, you'd have to really pay attention to the background you choose...
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by Mazza

I don't really like it either - most of the ones I've seen just look kind of half loaded and are difficult and confusing to try and read...

Generally speaking though, I think the improvements on the site are fab, just not this one.

I think that for the transparency to look good, you'd have to really pay attention to the background you choose...

Yours would probably look pretty decent with 10% transparency.

This is yet another of the changes/additions I enjoy.

Thanks Gav!
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale

Thanks Gav!

Is there a way I could make wellmademale 100% transparent, gav? Like his avatar, his posts, his signature, his profile. Like everything completely transparent.
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix

Is there a way I could make wellmademale 100% transparent, gav? Like his avatar, his posts, his signature, his profile. Like everything completely transparent.

Heheh... we don't need Gav or anyone else to make you transparent, do we?

Invisibility would be an ideal addition, though.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale

Heheh... we don't need Gav or anyone else to make you transparent, do we?

What do you mean? You have a way to make people invisible? Let me know your secret dear Internet sage.
Mazztastic
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale

Thanks Gav!

You know, I am open to new things and I had a play around with the transparency feature, but it seemed to take forever for my page to load (perhaps because I have a gif as my background)

Anyway, I changed it back to normal (whatever that is)

(I do want to point out that I think it's a fun feature, but just not for me)
Constant Gardener
0 likes
If I let you know who my secret dear internet sage was...then she'd no longer be secret, would she?

Punctuation is important, even in forum conversation. You still haven't learned this. How the fuck did you ever get a ribbon bestowed upon you?

Credit your editor, man.
Matriarch
0 likes
We've toyed with the "Ignore Member" feature idea, I've seen it used very successfully on other sites.

It's very involved here though, because of all the different ways people can interact. You'd need to change the forum code so their posts would be hidden completely from view. All their comments on stories, profiles etc would need to be hidden. Their entire profile hidden. The chat rooms block member feature would be useful to combine in. Instant / private messaging has some of what's required to block people already I think.

Rather complicated.

You could just try to get along instead? Or come to a truce, where you both promise to totally ignore each other?
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale
If I let you know who my secret dear internet sage was...then she'd no longer be secret, would she?

Punctuation is important, even in forum conversation. You still haven't learned this. How the fuck did you ever get a ribbon bestowed upon you?

Credit your editor, man.

Ribbons. I have ribbons. Plural, you doofus.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by nicola
We've toyed with the "Ignore Member" feature idea, I've seen it used very successfully on other sites.

It's very involved here though, because of all the different ways people can interact. You'd need to change the forum code so their posts would be hidden completely from view. All their comments on stories, profiles etc would need to be hidden. Their entire profile hidden. The chat rooms block member feature would be useful to combine in. Instant / private messaging has some of what's required to block people already I think.

Rather complicated.

You could just try to get along instead? Or come to a truce, where you both promise to totally ignore each other?

Oh I was just goofing about making the old fella invisible. Some of his posts are my favorite on the entire site. Like his last post where he makes his jealousy about my ribbons blatantly apparent - once again - is funny to me. I audibly chuckled. I would never actually make him invisible. Every cat needs a mouse to play with.
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix

Ribbons. I have ribbons. Plural, you doofus.

You have multiple ribbons? Who'd you have to blow to get those?

Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by nicola

He started the shit, Mom... I mean, he always starts it.

I'm just wiping my ass and finishing it.

You know, the job's never done til the paperwork is.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale

You have multiple ribbons? Who'd you have to blow to get those?

Don't be mad because just one of my ribbon worthy stories has more views and votes than all of your stories combined.
Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by overmykneenow

Music starting on background, TICK

Horrible gifs as wallpaper, TICK

Transpa......

AAAAAGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

You mean you don't want our profiles to turn into this?

Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix

Don't be mad because just one of my ribbon worthy stories has more views and votes than all of your stories combined.

Ouch!

Do I need to bang your heads together again, or are you two going to play nicely?

Mum
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale

He started the shit, Mom... I mean, he always starts it.

I'm just wiping my ass and finishing it.

You know, the job's never done til the paperwork is.

She was advising you to not take the bait once again because you always end up looking like a total buffoon.

But of course you're too stupid for that.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by nicola

Music starting on background, TICK

Horrible gifs as wallpaper, TICK

Transpa......

AAAAAGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

You mean you don't want our profiles to turn into this?

That gives me a headache almost.

Guess I never go to myspace.

Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
I tried it. After changing my BG to a darker image, I like the results. Thanks for the new option, Nicola and Gav! (ignoring the pissing contest)
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by BethanyFrasier
(ignoring the pissing contest)

Yeah, but you didn't ignore it. Oops.

Plus wellmademale is in his twilight years. I think it's more of a dribble now.