Along the bottom, from the balls to the head (1 vote) 5%
Both, then take the median value (1 vote) 5%
Along the sides, from the... whatever, to the head (1 vote) 5%
With a tape measure all around until it's wrapped (0 votes) 0%
Circumference is more important anyway. (1 vote) 5%
Cake (3 votes) 15%
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
So. I've got this disagreement with my boyfriend now. He says he's measured his along the top. With a ruler, no less, go figure. And I was like, dude, you're dumb, if you measure it along the bottom it's much longer. He calls me a cheater. So I'm just putting this out there: How do you do it right?
0 likes
I've been using the first but not sure if that is the "right" way. Cake sounds good, too.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Mili
So. I've got this disagreement with my boyfriend now. He says he's measured his along the top. With a ruler, no less, go figure. And I was like, dude, you're dumb, if you measure it along the bottom it's much longer. He calls me a cheater. So I'm just putting this out there: How do you do it right?

As far as I'm aware your boyfriend is right.
Not sure about cake, I prefer buns.
0 likes
Quote by dpw

As far as I'm aware your boyfriend is right.
Not sure about cake, I prefer buns.

With cream in them?
Clumeleon
0 likes
In inches? In miles? In laughter and strife?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by seeker4

With cream in them?

Well I like to add my own!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I was a guest at a nudist club where there was an official cock measurer. She used a ruler or a steel tape. The steel tape was for those which curved when erect and there are a few of those about.
The start was from the juction of the body to the tip of the eye.
There had to be two other witnesses one male one female. Fondling by either witness was permitted for one minute to ensure the maximaum length was available.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Duplicated
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Meggsy
I was a guest at a nudist club where there was an official cock measurer. She used a ruler or a steel tape. The steel tape was for those which curved when erect and there are a few of those about.
The start was from the juction of the body to the tip of the eye.
There had to be two other witnesses one male one female. Fondling by either witness was permitted for one minute to ensure the maximaum length was available.

That's not a nudist club, that's an orgy club!
There are four junctions. Top, bottom and two sides. Which did she use?
Do you get a choice of who fondles you?
Lurker
0 likes
I figure if you can hit my cervix when you're fucking me, you're plenty big enough Never really been into the whole "I've got a 9 inch cock" stuff, because its mostly bollocks. No pun intended!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by dpw

That's not a nudist club, that's an orgy club!
There are four junctions. Top, bottom and two sides. Which did she use?
Do you get a choice of who fondles you?

Actually there was no public sex permitted, in general view. but that did not apply to,the cabins etc.
The measurement was from the top which is where most are measured from. There can be no fudging there, there is a baseline.
Fondling. Yes by the one that will get you the hardest. Their choice.
Believe or not most of the longest ones are on older men.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by AriOli101
I figure if you can hit my cervix when you're fucking me, you're plenty big enough Never really been into the whole "I've got a 9 inch cock" stuff, because its mostly bollocks. No pun intended!

You are so right.

It is said the average English cock is 4 and a half inches. Assuming a normal distribution of lengths that makes 9 inches an outlier I guess. Unfortunately the article reporting this astounding information ( I wont say "fact" because there will be howls of derision from the donkeys) didn't mention the standard deviation. However if it can easily go past the cervix into the posterior fornix, it a good place to be.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Meggsy

Actually there was no public sex permitted, in general view. but that did not apply to,the cabins etc.
The measurement was from the top which is where most are measured from. There can be no fudging there, there is a baseline.
Fondling. Yes by the one that will get you the hardest. Their choice.
Believe or not most of the longest ones are on older men.

They say that many a fine tune is played on an old fiddle, lol.
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
If you want an 'official' measurement to compare with studies and statistics, the gold standard is a bone-pressed measurement taken on top of the penis. That is, press a ruler against the pelvic fat just above the penis, and measure up to the tip of the glans.

That's the way most studies did it when they established their statistics. This method is in fact the most accurate to determine the natural variations in penis sizes among humans (without the pelvic fat taken into consideration), however it doesn't really represent the length that will be inside a woman's vagina while fucking her. If you're fit and have very little fat though, there won't be that big of a difference between the bone-pressed and non-bone-pressed measurements.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by SereneProdigy
If you want an 'official' measurement to compare with studies and statistics, the gold standard is a bone-pressed measurement taken on top of the penis. That is, press a ruler against the pelvis fat just above the penis, and measure up to the tip of the glans.

That's the way most studies did it when they established their statistics. This method is in fact the most accurate to determine the natural variations in penis sizes among humans (without the pelvis fat taken into consideration), however it doesn't really represent the length that will be in a woman's vagina while fucking her. If you're fit and have very little fat though, there won't be that big of a difference between the bone-pressed and non-bone-pressed measurements.

Vagina? What has a cock got to do with a vagina?
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
I usually don't measure them. Seven and a half inches will bottom out on my cervix. Anything over that is just left-over. Under? I'd rather not call it to his attention! ;-)
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Quote by dpw
Vagina? What has a cock got to do with a vagina?

My bad, it's all been corrected now.

Quote by SereneProdigy
If you want an 'official' measurement to compare with studies and statistics, the gold standard is a bone-pressed measurement taken on top of the penis. That is, press a ruler against the pelvic fat just above the penis, and measure up to the tip of the glans.

That's the way most studies did it when they established their statistics. This method is in fact the most accurate to determine the natural variations in penis sizes among humans (without the pelvic fat taken into consideration), however it doesn't really represent the length that will be inside Derek's hairy ass while I'll be eagerly fucking it. If you're fit and have very little fat though, there won't be that big of a difference between the bone-pressed and non-bone-pressed measurements.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by SereneProdigy

That feels, I mean sounds much better!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by SereneProdigy

That feels, I mean sounds much better!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
So, we're almost in agreement that size is not the criterion - neither length nor girth.
Can we settle that's it's essentially what the male to whom it's attached does with it and all the other equipment he has at his disposal - lips, mouth, fingers, enthusiasm for his partner, tenderness, ferocity et al ?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
So, we're almost in agreement that size is not the criterion - neither length nor girth.
Can we settle that's it's essentially what the male to whom it's attached does with it and all the other equipment he has at his disposal - lips, mouth, fingers, enthusiasm for his partner, tenderness, ferocity et al ?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Inches? Girth? They're mere matters of facts and figures. What does a good fuck have to do with statistcal analysis? I measure my cock by how hard my lover cums.
Lurker
0 likes
To be honest I never bothered and have no true idea. By the time the rubber meets the road, it is basically to late to change our minds.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by BethanyFrasier
I usually don't measure them. Seven and a half inches will bottom out on my cervix. Anything over that is just left-over. Under? I'd rather not call it to his attention! ;-)

Quite so, but if he becomes a frequent flyer, things will change, and you will come to accommodate more of him. (No pun intended).
Actually he will normally bottom out in the posterior fornix, as the cervix and it's os do not usually form the end of the vaginal canal, they locate superiorly at an angle off the anterior wall right at its extremity.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I've always measured mine on the side since mine doesn't curve in any direction.
Story Verifier
0 likes
Quote by Mili

I voted reality. Truthfully, I never have but my wife did once.

I AM a smart-ass and love screwing with people minds. One I read so long ago was in a story and the guy was messing with his girlfriend. She asked "how big" and got out a ruler and laid it on the top, as already suggested by sereneprodigy, but he said, "How do you measure a cats tail? From the ass to the tip. That's the official way to do it." If I remember right she was quite impressed when it turned out his was 12 inches.

If you think about it, it's pretty clever. Half his result was before you got to the base. Not bad if you can convince her.

Like the old saw.

"Why do women have trouble estimating distance?"

(Hold up your fingers about as wide as a ketchup bottle top.)

"Because their husbands have them convinced that's 8 inches."
I am always a gentleman.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
If you're interested in measuring consistently, you need to take into account the angle of the erection from the body - which makes quite a lot of difference in the measurement.
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Quote by LASARDaddy
I AM a smart-ass and love screwing with people minds. One I read so long ago was in a story and the guy was messing with his girlfriend. She asked "how big" and got out a ruler and laid it on the top, as already suggested by sereneprodigy, but he said, "How do you measure a cats tail? From the ass to the tip. That's the official way to do it." If I remember right she was quite impressed when it turned out his was 12 inches.

If you think about it, it's pretty clever. Half his result was before you got to the base. Not bad if you can convince her.

Very true. Measuring at the bottom of the dick not only isn't representative at all about the length that will be inside a woman's vagina, but you really have no clear reference about where the measure should start. I mean, when a man has an erection, part of his dick is actually inside his body; I can feel it up to my asshole myself, way behind the balls.

It's no wonder a lot of guys come up with 12 inches measurements though.
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Quote by PeachesAndDiesel
If you're interested in measuring consistently, you need to take into account the angle of the erection from the body - which makes quite a lot of difference in the measurement.