Login

Lie to me

last reply
5 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
One of my favorite tv series is Lie To Me, it is just about reading people's face and understand if people lie or not.

So, how do you understand when your husband or bf lie to you? Do you understand that from his face, or his words, or his acts?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
This is really similar to your other question. When a man lies you can see it in his face, most men are terrible liars.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I love that show!
But I don't need any tricks to tell when hubby is telling a lie... He's such a terrible liar it's almost comical
Lurker
0 likes
I'm a REALLY good liar...

xx Steph

(Anyone fucking believe that?)

ACTUALLY!

True Story (Hi Jayne!)

A Certain Person here who shall remain nameless, (It was NARCISSUS, okay) was staying with me one summer and one day CASUALLY MENTIONED that it was her birthday. WHAT! I WENT NUTS! I went STRAIGHT OUT to a local restuarant and ordered food and champagne delivered, I bought her Nick Drake albums and we CELEBRATED!

Two Nights Later we're out with friends for dinner. I said, "It was XXXXXX's birthday this week and..."

And Her Friend said, "But your birthday isn't till September?"

THE LITTLE BUGGER HAD LIED JUST FOR THE ATTENTION!

(She is NOW my best friend! AND HER GUY!)

BUT she did that. Ask her!

xx SF
0 likes
I have seen that on YouTube.

Well~ my bf used have telltale signs, it was more in what he would say and how he said it, but now I forget because it has been so long ago, but I was pretty good at spotting a lie with him, he had the same trait each time.

For some people it is their eyes... but everyone has different mannerisms when lieing I think.

People have said I "blink" more when lieing or uncomfortable.

I actually have a pokerface. Not because I "try" or have learned anythng-nooo, just because my face is so hard to read. I never seem to exhibit the actual emotion I feel, no matter how animated my expressions, I have found that people cannot seem to read them... or maybe it just those people (?)
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
I had this guy who thought he was fooling everyone all the time with his lies. He was just compulsive about it, but his tells were so obvious, and even when you called him on it, he'd spin some other convoluted tale even worse than the original lie and expect you to believe it. He lived in fear of the rest of us comparing notes on the things he told us, because they were all different, so he'd try to compartmentalize all his friends, until he didn't have any friends left. After being around him, I've gotten pretty adept at spotting tells.