Are molded bra cups uncomfortable?

last reply
15 replies
1.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Senior Analyst
0 likes
I've noticed that a huge chunk of the bra market has been taken over by those little molded one-piece foam clamshells. Once upon a time, a bra cup used to be made out of fabric, and it had seams and some actual fit to it. As far as I know, the reason for the change is cost -- a machine can stamp out those cups hundreds of times faster than a seamstress can construct a bra.

I can understand that the molded cup bra is a good idea under a T-shirt or anytime you don't want nipples to show, but I imagine it's a hot, sweaty thing to wear.

So the question is: are the molded bra cups more or less comfortable than traditional three-seam cups?

[Extra credit: Which do you prefer? Explain.]
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
They are a little warmer, but they are not uncomfortable, I prefer unlined sheer or sheer lace myself, the guys at work like the nipple action.
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
No... less than most. I find all bras uncomfortable after awhile and can't wait to get them off.
Bonnet Flaunter
0 likes
It depends on the make. I find support, uplift and poor fit the problem with chainstore type moulded bras (let alone finding them in my cup size), so I normally buy the traditional fabric and seamed type. However I've recently bought two moulded/lightly padded bras from Cleo and Freya respectively which are extremely comfortable and keep everything in place!
Prolific Writer
0 likes
Quote by BethanyFrasier
No... less than most. I find all bras uncomfortable after awhile and can't wait to get them off.

I totally agree with you. When I am home....no bra's ever. I only wear when going out. But, I am not a huge fan of them....hahahhah
Lurker
0 likes
What is nice about molded cups is the way they provide a nice profile for the clothes I put over the top. I don't always wear bras at home but I do when out
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Bras are,the most stupid thing any lady can fit to her tits,it ruins them totally.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I only like the molded ones they are softer and give better support for me than a 3 seam type
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by hankyspanky
Bras are,the most stupid thing any lady can fit to her tits,it ruins them totally.

you're right. much rather be totally uncomfortable just so you could enjoy ogling my tits. thanks for reminding me of what's important here. *rolls eyes*

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by JacquieJ
What is nice about molded cups is the way they provide a nice profile for the clothes I put over the top. I don't always wear bras at home but I do when out

I agree, they look better under clothes. Especially if the clothing is very thin. And they are not uncomfortable.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I love them. They feel good and don't scratch like some of the lace ones can. They also help someone like me ook like I have a little more up top than I actually do.
Lurker
0 likes
I hate bras, but as I am starting to get a little older, sometimes the 36D girls need a little support. It all depends on what I am wearing,, or wearing it I can do some damage to the locals in a thin Tank top with the girls bouncing around or visit a grade school in the same top with a molded bra under!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
there not uncomfortable but I don't like them to much will wear them now and then
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
Quote by BethanyFrasier

This.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░