Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Smitten with a young woman and she's probably not interested. Advice?

last reply
29 replies
3.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Someone pointed out in one of the later posts there was too much text to read and it might be better to have a summary. So here goes.

Summary ("New Post")
I was on vacation with a group. There I met this one girl (in my group) who was around my age that really stood out to me and by the end of the trip I'm practically in love and see her as my future wife. Throughout the vacation we only had superficial, short, and intermittent chats; only one time did we have a normal and slightly-lengthy conversation where we talked about each others interests, particularly the fact that we had the same major. Throughout the trip I sporadically, though more towards the middle and end, became a lot more reserved and withdrawn not socializing or mingling with others. I also ended up getting pretty wasted on two separate nights so I suppose that was slightly embarrassing if not at least setting a bad impression of myself - she was probably there at least one of the times and if she wasn't I'm sure she heard. One night at the club she let me buy her a drink while I was buying rounds for the group; later during some formal dinner I had a drink sent to her table. We live on opposite sides of the country. After the vacation was over I added her on a social media website, she doesn't seem to have a boyfriend according to the site; she accepted and I messaged her and thanked her. She replied that it was nice to have met me and that if in the foreseeable future if she was in my hometown she'd let me give her a tour. I replied back wanting to continue the conversation but she ignored me and then several hours later I messaged her again trying to chat with her and got ignored again; around this time (around a day) I may have positively rated 1-3 of her photos. Since she never replied there was nothing I could do and just gave things a two day break. After this time period I liked a photo and messaged her again (third time now) wanting to chat and got ignored. So I guess she's just not that into me.

I'm quite taken with this girl, infatuated. She has a great big sense of humor and is a very nice supportive/encouraging person. I'm very attracted to her personality and also her style. This thread has been essentially me asking advice on how to proceed and well just looking for perspective. I suppose I've also been exploring my own personal psychology throughout this thread since I've been mentioning assumptions of mine and probably touching on projections. That's really about it. I want to have a genuine and serious relationship with this girl; I want to get to know her and be fortunate enough to be in her company. She doesn't seem to feel the same though to be fair I never made my affections known.

That's about it. The rest of my posts are essentially me going into more detail on these and related things; feel free to read them to get a - hopefully - better sense of things. I figure there's really not much I can do other than in a week or two try and strike up another conversation. I enjoy reading everyone's comments, opinions, past experiences, and perspectives. Feel free to share. Thanks in advance.

Original Post:
I recently met a girl while I was on a retreat and I'm crushing hard on her. I'm just in love with her personality and her sense of style, I feel the way she dresses is so elegant and sexy with occasionally an undertone of seduction. She has a great big sense of humor and seems like she makes an effort to be nice/encouraging to everyone. She's clearly a looker and has lots of guys commenting and positively voting her pictures in the social media site we're on. Based off her profile she doesn't appear to have a boyfriend but that doesn't mean she's not committed or simply has a fuck buddy tucked away. She tends to make jokes that have a clearly sexual undertone, maybe she's after a boy toy only or she's sexually deprived. She's also smart and well educated; the thing being that she doesn't seem to express that, as in doesn't talk about intellectual topics though she clearly has knowledge of them and the capacity to discuss them. Also she seems to have this childish/playful side to her but at the same time I get the feeling there's a more serious side lurking underneath, possibly some world filled with emotional depth.

Long story short. I was pretty reserved and not-too social for most of the trip and we barely chatted all throughout; a random superficial conversation here and there. I maybe got drunk once or twice and made a fool of myself during the trip; one time she let me buy her a drink while our group was at the club. She accepted me on a social media site after the trip, I messaged her thanking her; she replied that she was glad to have met me and if in the next year or two she'd be on vacation in my hometown then I could give her a tour. I replied to her message continuing the conversation and she didn't bother replying and then several hours later I messaged her asking about her interests and that got ignored too. (She uses her phone to browse the site and it's been a few days so I clearly got rejected.)

So I'm sort of stumped, I don't know what to do. On the one hand I'm tempted to take the hint and let things be and maybe best case scenario just do my own thing and maybe she'll fall for me one day; but, I'm quite taken with this girl and on the other hand I'm tempted to conjure up whatever romance and charm I'm capable of and win her over. I have no problem with the latter, even if it takes months if not years; but, at the same rate I don't want to come off as some persistent hopeless stalker/loser. If the advances were to continue, ideally I'd be as romantic attempts though I'm not sure she even knows I'm interested. At least I never explicitly said so, not even really a compliment except maybe one time when people were trading them in a group; I guess my fear is that, she's not stupid, and probably assumes on some level I'm interested but believes that I'm really governed by lust when in fact I was hit with one of Cupid's arrows. I suppose there's also the issue of how I could win her over with our medium of contact being the internet, like what we'd just chat and fall for each other, or I'd take a more active interest with things and romance her somehow; but, since this is online and she doesn't seem interested I don't know how I'd go about with the charm in the first place.

I suppose there's also the issue of if she's not into you maybe she's not your type and you're just getting caught up in some fantasy, etc. But that's the thing, like I want a relationship with this woman; get to know her and spend time in her company, have fun, etc.

Also maybe on a personal level, I'm struggling with ideas of how to present myself? I guess ideally one would want to be genuine. But you know then you have issues like you have several sides to yourself and only some of them are constellated in the person's presence. I have this random idea in my head that she wants some kind of handsome manly gentlemen like Don Draper or one of those casual older guys (around 30s) that are well kept with a short beard. It seems she's surrounded by playful guys. I just don't know really what to think about her and that's in large part because I don't know much about her but from the little I do know I'm head over heels in love.

So the point of this post, other than I suppose to express myself, is that I'm curious about people's similar experiences and advice. What do you think I should do? What would you do in my position? Am I overlooking something or caught up with something in particular? If you've been in my position what have you done in the past and how did it play out? If you're in the girls position, how would you react to all this? Especially, for girls who have/are in a position of being admired by many guys, how does one stand out to you among the crowd? If say the guy hasn't made the best of impressions on you and you're not interested, how would he win you over? I suppose the first and the last questions are the ones I'm most interested in but really I value perspectives and critical dialogue and like to read everything people write pertaining to the topic on hand.

That's about it. Thanks for reading everyone and thanks in advance for any and all comments.

Edit: FYI, we're both recent college graduates.

If ever you sleep with the same one twice, you've sold your soul at the establishment price.

Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
Maybe you talk too much?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Lmao. I see what you did there. Make me sound...

I probably talk too much with the wrong people maybe or just not enough with the right ones ... I want to say I only had one conversation with this girl that really lasted more than a minute and didn't involve chiming in on some informal group discussion.

If ever you sleep with the same one twice, you've sold your soul at the establishment price.

Lurker
0 likes
I'm wondering if you are not sure what to do because you are afraid of being rejected. A girl's 'No' can be a huge blow to a love-lorn male. It seems to me that you have not done a lot to let her know that she's very special as far as you are concerned. There is this old-fashioned word that has been forgotten, it is wooing. On the other hand she may already have someone special...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Wow! That's some story. My first reaction would be to say take the hint and leave it at that. However you give some worrying hints about yourself.
You seem to be an introvert with quite low self esteem. I think that you should deal with that problem first.
She sounds like a normal young woman, maybe a bit flitatious but that's not uncommon. This has piqued your interest, maybe she's different to your female friends.
You mention manly guys, by that I take it you aren't athletic. You also mention her intellect, you obviously have that high on your agenda. You ask about romancing, suggesting social awkwardness.
You obviously want to be more outgoing, so you have to deal with this first. You have to learn how to be more positive about yourself. That way more people will be positive about you.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Thanks for your comments JacquieJ and dpw.

I added this comment to the beginning of my reply, after the fact, since it occurred to me later on as I was writing and didn't know where to put it. This is essentially the concise version of what I've been circling around and trying to get at in my posts. Jacquie, I see what you're saying that I'm afraid of being rejected; I think it's something along those lines ... I feel like you're getting at rejected and then me being down/despondent while as silly as it sounds I think it's more I'm afraid of "losing" what bit of relationship or connection may currently exist between us by making another advance on her and getting rejected therefore putting her off and thinking less of me. But really that's all just my fantasy, clearly if she wanted to talk or was interested she would reply to either of my messages or send her own. I guess one of my initial issues was that I wanted to make something (give meaning/value) to her original message of her being glad to meet me and visiting my hometown in the foreseeable future; but, really she's just a nice person and after the fact I see I was also included in her goodwill and she's not interested. That's why I'm on here debating whether to get "C'est la vie" tattooed on my arm or keep trying and if I keep trying what are some ways I would go about doing so since my original-traditional method of messaging her is failing from the start.

Quote by JacquieJ
I'm wondering if you are not sure what to do because you are afraid of being rejected. A girl's 'No' can be a huge blow to a love-lorn male. It seems to me that you have not done a lot to let her know that she's very special as far as you are concerned. There is this old-fashioned word that has been forgotten, it is wooing. On the other hand she may already have someone special...

I don't mean to sound like I'm in denial but I genuinely feel, on some level at least, I'm not afraid of rejection - not with her and not that rejection doesn't suck in general. The reason I say I'm not afraid of being denied is like you said that people love to be wooed and in my mind (not that there isn't some healthy level of doubt, especially because I don't know her that well) she's my future wife; so in that respect whether she's not interested or has a boyfriend, is only of slight consequence (as in should be respected of course) but as far as I'm concerned can be overcome.

My only worry being, like I said before, I come off as creeper because she ignored my messages and I want to continue trying to talk with her and woo her. That's sort of one of the things I was asking, she currently doesn't seem interested and whether communication is possible isn't clear; so I'd love to hear some ideas and/or past experiences of ways things can play out.

You do make the point that I haven't/didn't do much to make my affections known; and, you can say that's one of the things that's been bothering me. It's part of what I was getting at saying I made a bad impression; the other substantial part of that being, at some points of the trip, I was a lot more inhibited and closed-off than once should be - I was feeling down and embarrassed about how I had acted. You can say more or less my initial way of expressing myself is to be very expressive and romantic, almost of a childlike intensity, but in the same respect you can say it takes me a little to open up and if I'm dealing with other stuff in my life than it takes a lot more.

Quote by dpw
Wow! That's some story. My first reaction would be to say take the hint and leave it at that. However you give some worrying hints about yourself.
You seem to be an introvert with quite low self esteem. I think that you should deal with that problem first.
She sounds like a normal young woman, maybe a bit flitatious but that's not uncommon. This has piqued your interest, maybe she's different to your female friends.
You mention manly guys, by that I take it you aren't athletic. You also mention her intellect, you obviously have that high on your agenda. You ask about romancing, suggesting social awkwardness.
You obviously want to be more outgoing, so you have to deal with this first. You have to learn how to be more positive about yourself. That way more people will be positive about you.

I appreciate your analysis but I fear you make too many assumptions on pieces of circumstantial evidence and so can easily paint a story of fiction when you're in fact trying to establish more context to provide a more helpful answer - hence why I've written much of my thoughts and been so descriptive in my posts. *cough* @BethanyFrasier :P *cough*

I'm tempted to take the hint as well but like I said I'm quite infatuated with this girl; and, I really want to get to know her better and enjoy the pleasure of her company, sharing and creating memorable experiences.

I actually am an introvert but all that means is that my interest and motivations, on a conscious level have to do with myself, so in that respect while it is less likely because of the dynamics at play (i.e. unconscious extraversion) you can still have outgoing "introverts". As for "low self-esteem" ... I mean I guess I do though I also feel like I am or can be quite confident which might speak more to some drastic and/or un-adapted mechanism of dealing with self-esteem issues. I don't know, I've been told I come off as arrogant and inflated - so I'm tempted to think (psychological dynamic of) compensation and that I habitually do have low self-esteem. Regardless there's no easy-quick fix for low self-esteem so that's not a "problem" that can be easily dealt with; also I'd argue I'm more ahead of the curve than most on this topic since I've read a little of Heinz Kohut's works on Self Psychology; where some of the central tenants of his writings are the topics of narcissism as well as internal and external mechanisms of regulating self-esteem so in that respect I might argue that I'm not better equipped to tackle such issues only that I make a conscious effort to keep them in mind when interacting with others.

She is a normal young woman, if anything I probably think highly of her - that's probably both unfounded and founded. I'm tempted to think more of the latter but since we only knew each other for a few days and never had many intimate conversations who knows. I wonder if she is flirtatious; I feel like she might be generally? Like the occasional joke with a latent sexual theme or dressing in an attractive manner or acting implicitly sexually/seductively. I can't say none of these were aimed at me or that I ever saw her reaction physically (blush, etc.); it was just aimed more at the crowd, that's not to say she didn't have someone else in her sights.

She certainly is different to my few female acquaintances and just most women I've met/known in general - and I live in one of the most populated cities on Earth. I'm just blown away by her: her mannerisms and the way she expresses things, her sense of humor which is frequently-publicly conveyed, her amiable and encouraging attitude towards everyone, etc. I could go on; though sometimes I worry I'm being general and clearly since I'm infatuated how much of what I'm saying are actually qualities of her and how much are things I've projected.

I'm actually quite athletic and muscular; I use to have an avatar up on Lush. I mentioned manly guys, specifically Don Draper, because I swear her dress style is so elegant and refined and I'm liable to think of Betty Draper or Trudy Campbell from "Mad Men" and maybe based on things she wants a guy who isn't afraid to express himself. Idk, I get uneasy speculating about things she wants because I feel that speaks more about me than her. I mentioned those well dressed older guys with short groomed beards because I got the feeling she had an imposing father figure; so I might be tempted to think she's into older guys, some of her guy friends maybe fit the description. She also seems to have this kid side to her so then I wonder how that fits into the things. Anyway in the end it's best and less problematic to be yourself.

I wouldn't say intellect is high on my priorities list for a partner; though for a long term relationship I won't settle for someone who's willfully ignorant. I should mention I think there's a difference between being smart and self-conscious. I mentioned her intellect because I was just surprised to see that trait in the already awesome combination of her qualities.

I think jumping from a person seeking advice about romance to them having to be socially awkward is a stretch. I can be very charming, at least so it seems and I'm so told but who knows the reality of the matter.

My point is is that I'm clearly not myself hence why I'm on here looking for some perspective and asking for other people's comments and insights. The whole point of this thread is that it's clear she was just being a nice person earlier when we messaged on social media; so I've been ignored twice and don't know whether or how to continue. I mean my options are limited right? Especially since we're talking about romancing via the internet. This is why I was asking women how does a guy stand out to them among the crowd, especially one they have overlooked in the past.

I fully agree with you, I definitely need to be more outgoing and I daresay is something I'm slowly working on. I believe or at least want to say that I am more often than not positive about myself ... but maybe that's more in my head; and, you make a very good point about being positive and then consequently people taking me as positive.

Lurker
0 likes
Why not send her a sexy story you wrote ( in private) maybe about how you'd please her, or write her a poem.

Do something extra special for her.

I would leave her a message and ask her why she hasn't gotten back to you...but non-chalantly, non-threatening.
Ask her to get back to you.

Good luck.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by daddysweetheart
Why not send her a sexy story you wrote ( in private) maybe about how you'd please her, or write her a poem.

Do something extra special for her.

I would leave her a message and ask her why she hasn't gotten back to you...but non-chalantly, non-threatening.
Ask her to get back to you.

Good luck.

Ooo, how creative and romantic. That wouldn't be too creeper though? I mean we're practically strangers more or less.

I've also always been more of the blatantly-expressive-intense romantic type (flowers, public-unabashed compliments/indications of interest, etc.). My only thing is that I feel weird (or maybe ashamed?) coming off as interested (now online) when I literally had plenty of opportunities to socialize and didn't when in person; but, hey when in love... Lol. I also feel this pressure to conform to some imaginary-invented standard in my head to "win" her over, e.g. be Don Draper or charmingly funny, etc. - that's why I keep reminding myself to be genuine and hope for the best.

Anyhow, thank you for the advice and ideas daddysweetheart. smile I'm tempted to think some artistic display of passion (like a sensual story or poem) isn't her thing ... but then again I don't know her and besides who doesn't love a good romance?

I hope you guys don't mind my chatter, I suppose I'm just exploring and trying to make sense of some of my personal dynamics here. Besides no one said you have to read and reply to this thread.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I see restraining orders in your future.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Ls63563
I see restraining orders in your future.

I'm neither that weak willed nor possessed. If she tells me to piss off then I'll hit the road. Obviously there's a line with romance and being taken away by someone versus a one-sided stalker-ish thing. I would hope and like to believe I'm grounded enough in reality to tell the difference.

Awesome Lady
0 likes
I would think general chat with her would be more effective. Maybe sending her a review of a book, movie, silly incidnet in the news - things of that type. In other words, go slow since she has not gotten back to you. You are effectively just ignoring that and sending her something you think she'd enjoy. See what she says back. Ask her something like where does she work, or is she looking for a job. Do you know her major? You could chat about someone you both met at the retreat; weren't they nice, funny, etc.? Keeping it just very friendly and non-threatening with romance or love would be the way I think you should go. Let her get to know you this way and go from there. You sound like a good guy and who knows; all kinds of things happen in life.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by elizabethblack
I would think general chat with her would be more effective. Maybe sending her a review of a book, movie, silly incidnet in the news - things of that type. In other words, go slow since she has not gotten back to you. You are effectively just ignoring that and sending her something you think she'd enjoy. See what she says back. Ask her something like where does she work, or is she looking for a job. Do you know her major? You could chat about someone you both met at the retreat; weren't they nice, funny, etc.? Keeping it just very friendly and non-threatening with romance or love would be the way I think you should go. Let her get to know you this way and go from there. You sound like a good guy and who knows; all kinds of things happen in life.

Thank you. This seems like the sensible thing to do and exactly what I had in mind, have a casual but genuine conversation with her. I guess I was getting all bothered over the fact that she hadn't replied to me so how could I do that; but, really all I can do is non-persistently (as in give a few days break) try a few more times and hope for the best. I also see in hindsight how my fear of losing/tarnishing the "relationship" and desire to meet imaginary expectations are really manifestations of my own personal psychology - and I'd personally say worth further exploring. The fact of the matter is is that she seems like a nice person and all I can do is meet her halfway in that domain and well in general and just hope for the best.

Also thank you for the compliment.

0 likes
Quote by CunningLinguist143
Lmao. I see what you did there. Make me sound...

You do seem to be perseverating on this woman, or rather the idea of this woman (you did say that you'd only had a few, incidental conversations with her), a bit much. Maybe just let it lie for a bit?
Want to spend some time wallowing in a Recommended Read? Pick one! Or two! Or seven!

Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by daddysweetheart
Why not send her a sexy story you wrote ( in private) maybe about how you'd please her

Oh my god, THIS.

Definitely send her a sexy story you wrote. Make sure the girl character has her name too. She would love that.

Also if she doesn't respond to that you should show up at her house with a boom-box above your head and play her favorite song loudly like John Cusack in "Say Anything".
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by HeraTeleia

You do seem to be perseverating on this woman, or rather the idea of this woman (you did say that you'd only had a few, incidental conversations with her), a bit much. Maybe just let it lie for a bit?

Hmm. I suppose you're right in pointing out the disproportion of our limited interactions and my exaggerated reactions towards her. I'd simply point out that, and but also hope and think, that my over-the-top responses are really just my normal way and level of intensity with which I experience and express my feelings; and, not actually reflective of the caliber in which I am and my interactions are experienced in reality (i.e. that is to say I'm not excessively messaging her and positively rating all her pictures, etc.).

I'd also emphasize the fact that I'm deliberately exploring the "idea" of this woman because the depth psychologist in me is liable to think projection the moment emotions and attraction among other things are involved in the situation.

I think you're right to suggest to let it lie; and, if she chooses not to open up/respond it'll have to be for more than a bit and I'll have to move on - much to my disappoint at missing out on a relationship with a potentially amazing person.

Thanks for your commentary and perspective.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix

Oh my god, THIS.

Definitely send her a sexy story you wrote. Make sure the girl character has her name too. She would love that.

Also if she doesn't respond to that you should show up at her house with a boom-box above your head and play her favorite song loudly like John Cusack in "Say Anything".

Lol. If only you weren't being sarcastic ... I'm actually quite skilled with my tongue - and I mean that in more ways than one.

Wild at Heart
0 likes

Lol. If only you weren't being sarcastic ... I'm actually quite skilled with my tongue - and I mean that in more ways than one.

I'm not being sarcastic... You should write a story about that and send it to her. Tell her how the best way to finger a girl is with your tongue.

I'm also serious about showing up at her house. Like, girls love that shit. After you blast her favorite song, be all "where art thou sweet Juliet, my tongue is ready if your body is, girl."
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix

I'm not being sarcastic... You should write a story about that and send it to her. Tell her how the best way to finger a girl is with your tongue.

I'm also serious about showing up at her house. Like, girls love that shit. After you blast her favorite song, be all "where art thou sweet Juliet, my tongue is ready if your body is, girl."

Oh, I apologize. I thought you were pulling my chain.

Well I can't show up at her house since we live on opposite sides of the country; and, as for sexually explicit stories go, I suppose ... but the thing with me is that this isn't lust. I mean don't get me wrong I think she's beautiful and stunning; but, I'm first and foremost attracted to her personality, that's where this whole infatuation thing is coming from.

Plus imagine someone you don't really know messaging you on a social media site, commenting about how they would look into that person's light brown eyes as their tongue circled her clit - teasing it slowly, leaving a wet trail that would be refreshed with his tongue as soon as it started to dry, and all the while tongue and clit never colliding. I would imagine from the girl's point of view she would think the guy is a pervert.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
A brief summary would work better at the top. The details could follow in a later post.
{allba115-feed-5eed-facedeadbeef}
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Regardless of her age. Suffer in silence. Otherwise you will suffer the fate of being pilloried by society.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by paul_moadib
A brief summary would work better at the top. The details could follow in a later post.

I agree.

That's too much to read.

Waves hi to Silvernode...smile

Hope you are well!!

Lurker
0 likes
I didn't read all that but just come out and ask her out... at least then you'll know for sure.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by paul_moadib

I forget people are on here lusting and in general tend to be lazy when it comes to things not imminently effecting them within arms reach so too much text is a bad thing. I'll make a summary in the original post. Thanks for the advice.

Quote by silveranode
Regardless of her age. Suffer in silence. Otherwise you will suffer the fate of being pilloried by society.

We're of similar age. I have no intention of suffering in silence or really suffering at all. It feels great to be have strong feelings for someone and would feel even better if I could get to know this person which is something she doesn't seem to care for. Also I don't care about being ridiculed by people; I know what I was getting myself into posting my feelings on an internet forum and have an idea of how I come off as so to some degree my expectations were set.

Quote by stelmaria
I didn't read all that but just come out and ask her out... at least then you'll know for sure.

I suppose you're right ... but asking her out isn't practical since we live on opposite sides of the country. The idea/hope was we chat online, open up to each other, fall for each other, get into a relationship, hopefully that develops into a real one, a serious one, and then take things from there.

At the moment she's simply just not that into me and I guess there's nothing I can do. Maybe trying messaging her again in a week or two.

Lurker
0 likes
We're trying to help you and you wrote a novel, dude.

Lusting???

I won't add my anymore then.

I'm too lazy.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by daddysweetheart
We're trying to help you and you wrote a novel, dude.

Lusting???

I won't add my anymore then.

I'm too lazy.

Nooooo. Don't be like that! I wasn't even referring to you.

You've all been a great help and I'm very thankful to all those who have posted and shared their thoughts.

I wrote a novel because I wanted to get some of what was going on in my head down concretely somewhere, preferably to the public where it can be scrutinized. Plus I thought i'd be good to provide lots of context; and, in hindsight at times I suppose it's evident I was/am caught up in some emotion.

As for lusting I simply meant that this site naturally has a sexual side to it and so some people might enter this thread already with their hands in their pants. It's natural and to be expecting; and, hence why maybe only about 5% (if not less) of the people who view this thread reply to it. I meant some people are lazy in that if they see a wall of text in a thread and it isn't a topic they're into or they're simply looking for normal sized posts then people might be liable to skip this one and be too "lazy" to read. It happens; it's a mood thing.

I didn't mean to offend you. You've and the others have been great.

FYI, the original post is updated with a summary and current info.

Alpha Blonde
0 likes
I think you kind of answered your own question in your first post. She did a breezy "hey, if you're ever in my town, I'll show you around", which is how people typically leave things on vacation, while not actually meaning it if this were ever to come to fruition, and then basically put you on ignore as you sent her messages on social media and commented on her pics. She's just not interested. Whether that's because she's just not into you, or that she doesn't do long-distance, or she already has something going on at home (ie. boyfriend), it's hard to say. I would definitely leave it alone though.

Thing is - on vacation, we meet tons of different people and have different levels of interaction with them. Being friendly on vacation is not the same as being friendly at home in your own city/bar/social-scene. You mention she was in your 'group' - if that meant your tour group or it was a Contiki thing, then it practically requires you to be friendly and chill with everyone. Even on resorts - it's a bit of a cooked situation - you talk to everyone, you're friendlier than normal with total strangers because you have something in common - you're tourists, foreigners, you're in vacay-mode etc. You have to take it all with a grain of salt that they're just being 'vacation-friendly' - not 'I-want-to-date-you'-friendly.

I think you already put yourself out there, she was polite in return, but now she's no longer responding and she's likely already moved on - so I think you should too. Sorry, I know that's not the answer you wanted to hear, but you can't push something like this. If she was into you, she would have kept the convo going on social media. There's nothing you can do from across the country that's going to suddenly wow her into a long-distance relationship and honestly I think the more you keep at it, without any encouragement from her, the more off-putting it's going to be.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll
I think you kind of answered your own question in your first post. She did a breezy "hey, if you're ever in my town, I'll show you around", which is how people typically leave things on vacation, while not actually meaning it if this were ever to come to fruition, and then basically put you on ignore as you sent her messages on social media and commented on her pics. She's just not interested. Whether that's because she's just not into you, or that she doesn't do long-distance, or she already has something going on at home (ie. boyfriend), it's hard to say. I would definitely leave it alone though.

Thing is - on vacation, we meet tons of different people and have different levels of interaction with them. Being friendly on vacation is not the same as being friendly at home in your own city/bar/social-scene. You mention she was in your 'group' - if that meant your tour group or it was a Contiki thing, then it practically requires you to be friendly and chill with everyone. Even on resorts - it's a bit of a cooked situation - you talk to everyone, you're friendlier than normal with total strangers because you have something in common - you're tourists, foreigners, you're in vacay-mode etc. You have to take it all with a grain of salt that they're just being 'vacation-friendly' - not 'I-want-to-date-you'-friendly.

I think you already put yourself out there, she was polite in return, but now she's no longer responding and she's likely already moved on - so I think you should too. Sorry, I know that's not the answer you wanted to hear, but you can't push something like this. If she was into you, she would have kept the convo going on social media. There's nothing you can do from across the country that's going to suddenly wow her into a long-distance relationship and honestly I think the more you keep at it, without any encouragement from her, the more off-putting it's going to be.

You know to some degree this sort of was the answer I was looking for; I think you make a very valid and perceptive point. For the most part, other than a fleeting thought during that vacation. I've really overlooked the fact that this was a vacation group so everyone was going to be at their amiable "best behavior". Thank you for the perspective and an idea with which to ground myself.

Wild at Heart
0 likes

Plus imagine someone you don't really know messaging you on a social media site, commenting about how they would look into that person's light brown eyes as their tongue circled her clit - teasing it slowly, leaving a wet trail that would be refreshed with his tongue as soon as it started to dry, and all the while tongue and clit never colliding. I would imagine from the girl's point of view she would think the guy is a pervert.

No way, girls like guys with a little edge. Say it exactly like that. That you would lick her clit while staring into her brown eye. It's dirty and romantic. plus you'll be original, not like the other guys being push overs.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

I'm neither that weak willed nor possessed. If she tells me to piss off then I'll hit the road. Obviously there's a line with romance and being taken away by someone versus a one-sided stalker-ish thing. I would hope and like to believe I'm grounded enough in reality to tell the difference.

You can hope and believe whatever you want about yourself, but you also have to realize that she has already made a judgment about you. Everyone who has ever met you, or read your thoughts anywhere made a judgement about you. We all judge everything, and once we make that judgement it is reality to us. If I tell you that I'm afraid of dogs, that is reality, even if millions of others aren't afraid of dogs, that doesn't change the reality that I am. You only get one chance to make a first impression, and what you think is a good impression, may be judged as a terrible impression to the other person making that judgement. Most successful people are able to view themselves from others perspectives. Lots of other people think that everyones view is exactly like theirs, which of course they feel is always correct.
Lurker
0 likes
Yeah... Well I met someone on this site (of all places) who lives across the world from me and we got to talking and I admit she got to liking me faster than I did her. But well, we kept talking and things happened, and two years later still in a committed relationship (albeit long distance) but hey, you never know what's around the corner, and good things come to those who wait ?