last reply
20 replies
2.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Senior Analyst
0 likes
Hello all --

I've been here about a month, learning the ropes through trial and error, mostly. I am very happy about the generally warm welcome I've received, both for my first story and for my attempts to make friends.

One of my friends was kind enough to point out that my previous avatar "sucked." She was quite sincere; she wasn't trying to be nasty at all. She likes the one I'm using now, by the way.

So here's the question: what's a good avatar? What's a great avatar? Do you change yours frequently? Never?
Head Nurse
0 likes
My avatar changes with my moods. They always are curvy brunettes, and they always represent a facet of my personality.

Typically, they are nurses, ride bikes(like this one), or show a little attitude of some sort. The great ones combine a couple of those things.

Additionally, they have to work in the thumbnail size.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
mine are usually disney-esque, and yeah, they change regularly depending on my mood or what i've been working on. smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Cheeky Chick
0 likes
Mine change often also. Again, it goes with my mood. Um, I usually like bums, long socks, stunningly beautiful women (like the one I have now).

I've noticed people either stick with the same avatar and use it forever, or like Sprite, Dirty_D and I, we change them often.
It's also really weird when the ones who use the same ones for a really long time changes them, freaks me out a little. But, I'm just strange. biggrin
Lurker
0 likes
it's all on what you like personally.

I change mine all the time.

have fun!

don't be afraid to use a picture as your avatar as well.

enjoy it!
Brown Sugar
0 likes
I change my avatar maybe once or twice a month. For me, changing avatars is kinda like deciding what to wear everyday. It all depends on my mood.

Have fun with it! Do what makes you happy!
The Linebacker
0 likes
Find one that you think is fun and captures your personality and spirit. Like many of us, you might want a cache of avatars to change things up.
Lurker
0 likes
I just changed mine to go with my name change. Both of them have shown my love of Anime though. I will more than likely always go with the anime theme.

Just have fun and show us a bit about who you are or what you like.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Due to learning the ropes, I had the generic avatar for a while at the beginning.
Then, not feeling very creative, I posted a picture of one of our city's bridges.
Had that for a while and then decided to change things up.
I now try to change it at least weekly, and it all depends on my mood.
Sometimes it's a picture, sometimes it's a quote.
"Look up to the sky, you'll never find rainbows if you're looking down."
- Charlie Chaplin
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Mine Goes With my User Name. Lips r sexy.
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
I used to change my avatar quite frequently until I noticed that every time I upload a pic, it turns darker than the last time I had it up. No matter how much I try to lighten it up with a photo-editor, the pic turns darker when it appears on the site, so I'm just sticking with the one I have now because a lot of people have told me they love it.
Story Verifier
0 likes
I change mine from time to time as my general mood changes. I like to see a face or body in avatars - a reminder that there's real person behind the avatar, even when I consciously know that the picture I see isn't them. With these time-offset discussions that span the globe, it's sometimes easy to forget that a member is just as vulnerable and unsecure as I am and might use words just as clumsily as I do when topics get heated.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I don't change mine, but only because I'm lazy. I grabbed this one from Google and just decided it was mine.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Avatar just me cannot show face due to my work.
Any suggestions to improve it Are welcome anyone need help creating one just ask.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
this one for now works for me... but do wonder who's the lady in the middle... ( some one take a shoot at it.) lol
Prolific Writer
0 likes
Mine is just of my name a member here made it for me (Sensual Sharon).

I like to be mysterious....
Lurker
0 likes
an avatar can be what ever you want it to be really. I change mine a bit often all depends on how fast i get bored with them. mine tend to turn towards dark themes or just a pretty girl with lovely eyes and hair.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Seras_Victoria
I just changed mine to go with my name change. Both of them have shown my love of Anime though. I will more than likely always go with the anime theme.

Just have fun and show us a bit about who you are or what you like.

I’ve had the same avatar since I found it shortly after coming to this site. Thank you Rune. For the first little while, I had the generic red and white, website generated picture. I am quite happy with what I have and don’t expect to change it anytime in the near future. It would have to be something special to make me want to change. Almost all of the people that have commented here said that the avatar they use changes often depending on their mood. To me the avatar is supposed to be a representation of who we are, even if not a true photo of ourselves. I’m sorry people, but I don’t change every few days. I’m the same person today as I was yesterday and will most likely be the same type of person tomorrow. I want to refer you to the last thing that Seras_Victoria said in her comment, which I have quoted. The male dancer in the picture I have chosen to represent me says a lot about my character, my likes and me. If you read the rest of my profile, I hope that you will come away with the feeling that you now know me a little better, and that my avatar was a true representation of me. Even my name says a lot about who I am.
If you're feeling bored during this Covid-19 epidemic I’d like to suggest
you take a peek at a story I collaborated with SueBrasil, a brilliant author.
It's about a mistake in judgment a lady makes concerning a friend, based
on the hurtful words of someone that only thinks of himself. Will that
conniving person succeed in ruining a beautiful friendship, or will she see
through his lies? It's gradually creeping up towards the 30,000 mark
and we’d love any votes or hearing whatever comments you may wish
to make. It is listed in my profile under ‘FAVOURITES’ as Apologize.

www.lushstories.com/stories/first-time/apologize.aspx