Women and bodybuilding

last reply
23 replies
1.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Many people tend to think that women that are interested in bodybuilding are considered unattractive to most men.is that true in your opinion?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I don't mind a fit woman, I find it kinda sexy. But at some point, it can get to be a little bit too much. Many women would think the same of a man that goes too far with it. I'm not exactly sure I could define where that line is, between when it's just enough and still sexy and when it goes too far to where it distracts from her beauty.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
Lurker
0 likes
Well I think most men are intimidated by women being strong and muscular. Besides that I am trying to figure out the reason for that
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by MissMajaStorms
Well I think most men are intimidated by women being strong and muscular. Besides that I am trying to figure out the reason for that

There's some truth to that. I don't know if I'd say "most" men are intimidated, but plenty are. It's a double edged sword though. Most bodybuilding/fit/strong/muscular women are going to be attracted to men who have the same qualities. A buff woman isn't going to be interested in a 30 year old-living at home-video game playing-unfit-sloppy guy. And that same guy will defintely be intimidated by a buff woman.

But that's similar to most areas of life. Many men and women are intimidated by others who are extremely intelligent. It's not often you find a really dumb as a brick dude dating a super genius woman. Really shy people rarely get involved with really extroverted people. There's just too little common ground.

Lurker
0 likes
Really good take there.
Well myself I am not interested in men in general but I can tell you that I have no issue with unfit girls although I do heavy lifting.
I have a lot of friends that train with me that have the above issue though
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
A couple of months ago, there was a segment on HBO's "Real Sports" about women bodybuilders and their relationships/sex lives. If you haven't seen it, it may be something you enjoy.

It seems for most of the women in bodybuilding, most of the men that are into them, see them as a fetish or a notch off their sexual bucket list. Bodybuilding women tend to take bodybuilding dudes. Or they end up with men who are only attracted to them for their own kinks. Guys that fantasize about getting crushed or squeezed or having a thing for enlarged clits. Many of those women have to supplement their income by selling themselves to those men.

There was also talk about the women's bodybuilding scene going through a transformation. Seems competitions now are rewarding more lean and fit contestants over the bigger, more muscular contestants. I'll see if I can find a link to the segment.

edit... there are actually two stories about women's bodybuilding on that show. First one was a few years ago, then just recently they revisited it.

Lurker
0 likes
Competitive bb is a whole other story. There the medication and the need to succeed makes people go crazy and the physical development is not so balanced.
I was referring to amateur training just as a hobby not about freaky big men/women.
I would love to see the link though.
Well what is weird to me is that women who approach me never seem to have an issue, only men used to think it's unfeminine
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Agreed, big difference between the two. I wasn't sure what level of bodybuilding you meant. As for amateur training, some guys may be threatened by it, it doesn't bother me. What's not to like about a fit and attractive woman? Sign me up.

Earlier in my life I was a licensed massage therapist. One of my regular clients competed in fitness competitions. I loved working on this woman, her body was like working on a perfect specimen. I could see the striations in her muscles as I worked on her. She was an outcall client, I'd go to her studio where she trained and instructed others. She had particular trouble with her hips and groin muscles, I did some very intense and specific work. Even though she was draped, it was impossible to NOT see things. I was working less than an inch from her most intimate places, and she was not modest at all. One more than one occasion, as I'd be setting up my massage table, she'd go into the restroom to change clothes, then would walk out naked to get on the table. It was very difficult to maintain my professionalism as I found her to be very attractive.

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by lafayettemister
Agreed, big difference between the two. I wasn't sure what level of bodybuilding you meant. As for amateur training, some guys may be threatened by it, it doesn't bother me. What's not to like about a fit and attractive woman? Sign me up.

Earlier in my life I was a licensed massage therapist. One of my regular clients competed in fitness competitions. I loved working on this woman, her body was like working on a perfect specimen. I could see the striations in her muscles as I worked on her. She was an outcall client, I'd go to her studio where she trained and instructed others. She had particular trouble with her hips and groin muscles, I did some very intense and specific work. Even though she was draped, it was impossible to NOT see things. I was working less than an inch from her most intimate places, and she was not modest at all. One more than one occasion, as I'd be setting up my massage table, she'd go into the restroom to change clothes, then would walk out naked to get on the table. It was very difficult to maintain my professionalism as I found her to be very attractive.

Well you are right to feel like that I can imagine how difficult it would be for me too to contain myself while a a good looking girl was flashing her privates in my face...especially a fitness model, well that would be nearly impossible
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
As lafayettemister mentioned, there's a certain level where it becomes unattractive. For one, possessing too much muscle doesn't look all that natural (especially for a woman), plus most men will prefer a woman that's smaller/weaker than they are (myself included). That's just common 'gender role attractiveness' in my opinion; most women will also prefer a man that's bigger/stronger than they are themselves.

I personally prefer fitness girls (left) to bodybuilding girls (right). The girl on the right still looks very good to me though, but I usually prefer women with a subtler muscularity:

The 'unnatural' female bodybuilder that everybody has in mind really isn't attractive to me however. Generally speaking though, it's a lot harder for women to pack on a lot of muscle, so unless they use steroids most will look quite attractive to me. The girl on the right pretty much represents what's naturally achievable for women in terms of bodybuilding, and she still qualifies as being 'hot' in my book.
Lurker
0 likes
I think there is nothing damn sexier than a woman or a man with a worked out physique. It shows strength and commitment to a goal. Plus we can go on for way way longer!! Hehe the girl on the right is not a lifter BTW she just has toned abs.
I think they are pretty hot both of them I would prefer the one one the right if I had to choose.
Well looking like a pumped up steroid beast is not attractive for either sex though.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Personally I find Female body builders very sexy.
The Linebacker
0 likes
Tone, muscular and fit is very hot. Bulky is not. And when they've steroided up until their voice is deep and masculine? GROSS!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
If she's gone so far with it that her muscles give her a masculine "muscle man" looking body, then yeah, I get turned off by that.
Lurker
0 likes
A woman that is fit is sexy one that looks like the hulk on steroids is scary and unattractive
Lurker
0 likes
You can see the pics on my profile and judge, that is my goal right there
Lurker
0 likes
I am sorry for double posting
Fireman
0 likes
Fit women are sexy. Women who use steroids and have muscles like men are gross. Just my opinion.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I know you asked the guys but here is my thoughts. Women who compete in fitness contests are very sexy. But those who body build to the point where they are so ripped you cant tell their gender are gross.

BTW, I thing guys who go overboard with getting huge are gross too.

HOT

NOT

Lurker
0 likes
women look terribly ugly with rippling muscles...
The Engineer
0 likes
well for me female bodybuilders are sexy,check out the divas from WWE for confirmation!!!!
Find Simar on:
1. Skype: Simar Singh
2. Kik: simar2308
Lurker
0 likes
Agree with Nikki703, but there's something about the latter that arouses me
Quote by Nikki703
I know you asked the guys but here is my thoughts. Women who compete in fitness contests are very sexy. But those who body build to the point where they are so ripped you cant tell their gender are gross.

BTW, I thing guys who go overboard with getting huge are gross too.

HOT

NOT

Lurker
0 likes
I think being in shape is sexy. That said, being in steriod-shape is not sexy. Too big is not good; ripped and fit is.