Missing stories

last reply
4 replies
1.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I've been here for quite some time(non member) and i realised many great stories have disappeared.
Examples such as The bomb shelter and such?
Anybody knows where to find them?
Clumeleon
0 likes
If members decide to delete their accounts, their stories are removed from the site. This may explain what happened to the stories you are looking for.
Story Verifier
0 likes
I don't know that one in particular, but there a multiple possible reasons. Some authors, for various reasons which are mostly private, leave the site and delete their accounts, taking their stories with them. Some stories have been affected by content policy changes over time and had to be taken offline, which I believe might be the cause with this one. If you have a look at our disclaimer, you should be able to see if it matches one of the disallowed subjects and was affected. There's also the chance, especially with good stories, that the authors published them as ebooks and took them offline here to be able to do so. Sometimes, authors also take their stories offline while they continue working on them.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
thanks man, really appreciate it. been looking for hours and had been killing me.
Lurker
0 likes
Well on the upswing - I'm one of the authors that takes my short stories and publishes them officially. I haven't done it much, but when I do so - and that publication is for money or per contract - I hide it from my Lush listing.

I also do this when I take a short story and turn it into a longer work like a novella.

So I've written far more than what's on my Lush story list.