Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

How long will it take for my story to be verified? It's been 24 hours and I'm still waiting.

last reply
32 replies
4.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Thanks for the help guys.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by gracexxx

Stories are dealt with in the order they arrive. the fewer issues with a story, the quicker we can mod them, which means that we appreciate when writers take the time to edit before hand and not rely on us to do it for them. also, weekends tend to be slower, since many of the volunteer staff are busy. at present we have been getting a larger than normal influx of stories, which is great, but it also means that it takes a bit longer to get them on the front page. please please please be patient. thank you. smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by gracexxx

Hi Gracexxx,

If you were submitting it to one of the Mickey Mouse erotic story sites on the internet, you'd probably be looking at about 8 weeks.

We try our best to process them usually within a few days.

Welcome to Lush smile

Liz
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
So I'm looking at a few days? Thanks girls xxx
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by gracexxx
So I'm looking at a few days? Thanks girls xxx

it will either be published in a day or so, or sent back if there are too many issues, yep. that's my best guess.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

0 likes
Welcome to the site, Grace! One great way to help support the site and see your stories verified faster (and also, not have to see any of the adverts) is to become a Lush Gold Member. I think it costs USD$50/year, and is very worth it. I've never had a story languish for more than twelve hours, tops, and I know I've had turnaround times in the <45 minute range.
Want to spend some time wallowing in a Recommended Read? Pick one! Or two! Or seven!

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I always just assume it's going to be rejected so that way if it gets published it's like an early Christmas present.
“It's nice sometimes to open up the heart a little and let some hurt come in. It proves you're still alive.”
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by billybroadband
I always just assume it's going to be rejected so that way if it gets published it's like an early Christmas present.

we just reject you cause it's fun. smile

The Linebacker
0 likes
Quote by billybroadband

Billy, you've written some excellent stories here, so I wouldn't think you'd have a hard time getting first round verifications.

For people that feel that they do, I suggest they partner up with someone for proof reading. A fresh set of eyes are great for catching things the author has missed. Actually, the author is generally not the best final proofreader of their own work anyhow.

If more authors would do that it would sure make our jobs as story mods easier. We always would prefer to send that 'Your story has been verified' message the first time. It is much more fun to tell someone their story is posted than to have to send it back.
Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
Quote by sprite

Stories are dealt with in the order they arrive. the fewer issues with a story, the quicker we can mod them, which means that we appreciate when writers take the time to edit before hand and not rely on us to do it for them. also, weekends tend to be slower, since many of the volunteer staff are busy. at present we have been getting a larger than normal influx of stories, which is great, but it also means that it takes a bit longer to get them on the front page. please please please be patient. thank you. smile

This.

We, the Mods, do the best we can to get stories up in a timely manner. Here lately, with the huge influx of stories it does take a bit longer. And that's assuming there are little to no errors. Stories that we must send back can take even longer. There are Mods all over the world and they are doing the best they can. We try to do 1-2 a day per mod, but real life does get in our way (I mean really what's up with that?!?)

In all seriousness. Lush has one of the best turn-arounds for stories with the quality standards we have. Yes, Gold Members do have their stories often verified before non-gold members, but we do try our best to get stories posted quickly.
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
Gold Membership really comes in handy as far as approval wait-times! I used to wait as long as 4 days to have stories approved. My last one was approved in less than 15 minutes! (...but then Sprite has a big crush on me! ;-)
Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by billybroadband

You scrub up well!

We try to clear the queue daily, however we've had a lot of stories submitted over the last few months, and it can be 24-72 hours before you see your story published.

Our nearest "competitor" takes between 2-3 weeks, so I'm proud of the team.
Story Verifier
0 likes
Quote by BethanyFrasier
Gold Membership really comes in handy as far as approval wait-times! I used to wait as long as 4 days to have stories approved. My last one was approved in less than 15 minutes! (...but then Sprite has a big crush on me! ;-)

The four days are because you're submitting whole novels ;)
You've got no idea how long it takes to go through more than 10,000 words when you've got one hand between your legs and the other too, uhm, shaky to find the mouse...

More serious, though, there's hardly anything less predictable than story influx at Lush. Not even counting the number of stories in the queue, sometimes I'm lucky and four stories together give eight or nine thousand words and can be verified in an hour. Other times, that's the word count for the shortest one. So, verifying four of them means proofreading a half novel, not the amazon-lets-just-call-it-that-because-it-sells kind but the real thing that, when sold as a paperback, stays standing upright on its own. This isn't meant to discourage long stories, hell, I write those myself. I'm just explaining why verification times can vary a lot, and it's got nothing to do with the story's content, the category or its author.
Gentleman Stranger
0 likes
On this topic, I have a question for the mods: I'm new to your website and have begun posting a story, Glamour Shots, now thru 4 chapters, (with chapter 5 recently submitted) and I've been trying to post longer segments (8,000-10,000 words) with the idea of keeping the entire story to the fewest possible number of chapters; is it better for you for me to do it that way, or does it make your lives easier if I post more often with shorter chapters, say 4,000-5,000 words each?

I'm flexible and am more than willing to do it whichever way you prefer, if it makes any difference. Thanks for your help - and for providing such a great site!!
Story Verifier
0 likes
Quote by stormdog100
On this topic, I have a question for the mods: I'm new to your website and have begun posting a story, Glamour Shots, now thru 4 chapters, (with chapter 5 recently submitted) and I've been trying to post longer segments (8,000-10,000 words) with the idea of keeping the entire story to the fewest possible number of chapters; is it better for you for me to do it that way, or does it make your lives easier if I post more often with shorter chapters, say 4,000-5,000 words each?

I'm flexible and am more than willing to do it whichever way you prefer, if it makes any difference. Thanks for your help - and for providing such a great site!!

It's of course easier for us to proofread a story that is only half as long, and there's a likeliness that it gets approved a little faster too. Sometimes we only have limited time for verifying between other commitments, so we have to skip over very long stories we wouldn't be able to check in one go. On the other hand, having a few longer series here myself, I've seen that the higher the chapter numbers go, the less feedback they tend to get initially; then, there's always the danger of ending up with a "filling chapter" that lacks (in some readers' eyes) action when existing chapters are broken up. As there's not much to correct in your stories and if sometimes waiting a day longer for approval isn't a problem for you, it's quite okay to post the longer chapters. Thank you a lot for being so considerate!

As a general wish for all authors who get their initial drafts sent back more or less regularly, here less is more. The shorter the story, the more detailed feedback on what should be fixed and how to do it we can give. We're limited in space (1000 characters) and obviously time with our rejection messages, so we can't always point out all the fine things we'd like to. Also, we can often fix the issues in a shorter story with a small number of mistakes quickly and point out what we changed in the approval notices, whereas longer stories have to be sent back more often for corrections so other submissions don't get pushed back too much.
Lurker
0 likes
This thread is really informative.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Day three of waiting. I have been a previous member before and wasn't able to transfer my gold membership to my new account but I was just concerned because I haven't heard anything back. But others are saying 4 days and I've noticed a lot of gold members being posted so I must still be in line behind that. Fingers crossed I hear something soon...what is the most I should wait, I'm just wanting to make sure it actually submitted?!
Blackbird Supernova
0 likes
Quote by InsatiableLover
Day three of waiting. I have been a previous member before and wasn't able to transfer my gold membership to my new account but I was just concerned because I haven't heard anything back. But others are saying 4 days and I've noticed a lot of gold members being posted so I must still be in line behind that. Fingers crossed I hear something soon...what is the most I should wait, I'm just wanting to make sure it actually submitted?!

There are no stories in your stories list. Are you sure you submitted one?

--Ravenstar (one story moderator)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I did submit, and I just checked my stories section and see it wasn't uploaded. I will resubmit making sure it falls over into my stories section this time. I didn't even think to check there until just now....

Thanks for looking. smile
Blackbird Supernova
0 likes
Quote by InsatiableLover
I did submit, and I just checked my stories section and see it wasn't uploaded. I will resubmit making sure it falls over into my stories section this time. I didn't even think to check there until just now....

Thanks for looking. smile

No problem. :) Make sure you go through both the submission page and the preview page, finishing by clicking the verification button at the bottom of the previe screen.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by stormdog100

I'm flexible and am more than willing to do it whichever way you prefer, if it makes any difference.

KEEPER!!!!!!!!!!

xx Steph
Cheeky Chick
0 likes
What the mods really mean to say is... That they really don't verify stories, but rather eat donuts and pick on us little people, with whom have to wait days on end for our stories to be published.

No, seriously, the mod team is always so excellent to get stories out as quickly as possible, or sent back if things need more tweaking. So, make sure you edit hardcore before sending in, so you have a better chance at being published the first time. And yes, it does help to become a Gold Member. Where one of the perks is you are verified over people who aren't gold. "Top priority" I do believe they call it. That is $50 US dollars a year to have, well worth the money spent, if I do say so myself. More so if you're someone who publishes a lot.

Best of luck and welcome to Lush.
Charming as fuck
0 likes
Quote by Poppet
they really don't verify stories, but rather eat donuts

shit - they're on to us, guys... hide the donut box!!
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Echelon

shit - they're on to us, guys... hide the donut box!!

Don't every touch my fucking donuts or there will be pain. Lots and lots of pain.

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by asleep

HEY Miss Giggles... These are from my hometown!! ... now settle down and be nice to you fellow Lushie mods...

If I started being nice, they'd get nervous and freak out. Trust me on that. ;) mmm... donuts...

The Linebacker
0 likes
Quote by Poppet
What the mods really mean to say is... That they really don't verify stories, but rather eat donuts

Actually, we make our own doughnuts. You should see how we make the doughnuts with holes in them (the guys do that!).
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by sprite

If I started being nice, they'd get nervous and freak out. Trust me on that. ;) mmm... donuts...

Wait wait wait... you have a nice setting?! **whines a little** why don't I ever get to see that side of you?!