Simplified Acceptable Content Guide

last reply
50 replies
10.4k views
6 watchers
48 likes
Matriarch
5 likes

Our terms and conditions outline a few very simple core rules (who reads those? ).

Do not post stories that feature minors (under sixteen years old). This includes flashbacks or memories pertaining to the sexualization of anyone underage.

Do not submit stories that include: , grooming, racism, homophobia, racist or homophobic slurs, graphic violence, totally unwilling participants, drugging, dangerous sexual acts, snuff, scat, ending your own life, or bestiality.

Do not use a cover photo that contains visible genitalia, penetration, ejaculation, or graphic or violent scenes.

Please use your common sense. If you think your submission may cause gross offence, it's probably not a good fit for this site!

Quick tips to help with approvals. https://www.lushstories.com/forum/writing-resources/before-you-submit-a-story

Thank you.

Nicola

Southern Charmer
1 like

Quote by Phallus_Eggplant

Hi Nicola, Was hoping you can help as not sure where to ask in LS. I'm first time writer and submitted story on 1/7/22 and just see this message still in my profile :"Story Pending

Your story has been submitted but please be patient as a Moderator must first review it."

How long does it take to get story reviewed and published typically? Anything else I should do or just wait ? Thanks so much.

Hello. I have sent you a private message about this.

I wrote a Taboo story with WannabeWordsmith. I think it's great and would love for you to read it. Blank Canvas 1 I'm excited! Blank Canvas 2 is now out!

Active Ink Slinger
1 like

Hello, is it okay to mention someone in a story that looks like someone famous? I want to describe what someone looked like, and she looked a lot like someone who was quite famous in the 70s. For example, could I say that my girlfriends mum looked like Marilyn Monroe? I just want to create a picture in the readers head of how she looked. Thank you.

Southern Charmer
0 likes

Quote by Billy_Lier

Hello, is it okay to mention someone in a story that looks like someone famous? I want to describe what someone looked like, and she looked a lot like someone who was quite famous in the 70s. For example, could I say that my girlfriends mum looked like Marilyn Monroe? I just want to create a picture in the readers head of how she looked. Thank you.

Hello. It is fine to tell about the comparison as long as the story isn't about them. Several of our members use famous people to set the stage. "He was tall with black hair, eyes the color of chocolate, and a smile to melt a woman's heart. I compared him to Idris Elba when we first met."

I wrote a Taboo story with WannabeWordsmith. I think it's great and would love for you to read it. Blank Canvas 1 I'm excited! Blank Canvas 2 is now out!

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Thank you Molly for that. I will now put her in my story.

1 like

Quote by Billy_Lier

The mention of 'someone who was quite famous in the 70s' is unlikely to create a picture in the head of a reader under sixty. 😊

Active Ink Slinger
1 like

Thank you, Jayne. I was just checking. You never know, if I said she was a hottie then people might look her up and see that I was right. And she was, she really was.

Rookie Scribe
1 like

Some of my works (that i was thinking of publishing here) do refer to noncon events. like a boyfriend on cocaine is too insistent. But, i write it from the female perspective in a way that does not glorify the event. it examines how these things happen in real life and describes my character's thought process. the narrator kicks in with things about how you can take back consent at any time. My character later uses Buddhism to recover from PTSD. Is there a blanket ban on all noncon interactions because you think it would encourage people to go out and people?

I thought this site was more open to letting people have their fantasies. https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/sexual-self/202111/why-people-have-sexual-fantasies-theyd-never-act-out

Charming as fuck
0 likes

Quote by valucia

Is there a blanket ban on all noncon interactions because you think it would encourage people to go out and people?

Not for that reason, no.

But there is a blanket ban on it on this site.

Headbanging ape from cold North 🤘
0 likes

Quote by CallmeJayne

The mention of 'someone who was quite famous in the 70s' is unlikely to create a picture in the head of a reader under sixty. 😊

Hey, I am under sixty and I was around for the seventies😎. I mean, I am getting close to sixty, but I am still under for a couple more years.😕

Celebrating a couple of my older, less viewed stories:

Have you ever had love Rekindled?

The god came to her In the Waters That Bring Life.

Rookie Scribe
0 likes

Now in the rules it says nobody under sixteen can be featured; can a person be stated to have begun having lustful feelings toward someone before they were sixteen(or, at least, not specify age, but have it implied they were slightly younger) if the actual sex in the story takes place with both partners being at least sixteen?

Southern Charmer
0 likes

Quote by RandyPan704

Now in the rules it says nobody under sixteen can be featured; can a person be stated to have begun having lustful feelings toward someone before they were sixteen(or, at least, not specify age, but have it implied they were slightly younger) if the actual sex in the story takes place with both partners being at least sixteen?

Hello. No, in that scenario all characters must be sixteen or older. This does include flashbacks, memories, or setting the stage.

If you say, 'we were just kids the last time I saw her' and leave it at that, that's okay, but you cannot comment on anything lustful/attractiveness/desires/etc of anyone under sixteen.

Hope this helps!

Rookie Scribe
0 likes

I’ve got a draft going. It isn’t very long, but I think it’s worth publishing. I’m not sure how the various categories work and would like some guidance. I also would like to use a photo that appears in the gallery but I’m not sure if that’s ok.

Southern Charmer
0 likes

Quote by Love4ever

I’ve got a draft going. It isn’t very long, but I think it’s worth publishing. I’m not sure how the various categories work and would like some guidance. I also would like to use a photo that appears in the gallery but I’m not sure if that’s ok.

Hello. Please feel free to message me any questions you have and I'll see if I can help.

Rookie Scribe
0 likes

New here. I wrote a story several days ago bout it’s still pending review. Would like to have it published. What can be done to finalize?

Rookie Scribe
1 like

Hello, I have an idea for a story, but it gets very violent at times. There is a murder and a shooting and also extreme violence to another person in the story. This is a story that I think needs to be written but trying to work around these things has been a challenge. I've deleted the story more times than I remember over the last year now because of this. Looking for some kind of guidance on this. Thanks in advance.

Smut-slinging slut
0 likes

Quote by Alxandr

Hello, I have an idea for a story, but it gets very violent at times. There is a murder and a shooting and also extreme violence to another person in the story. This is a story that I think needs to be written but trying to work around these things has been a challenge. I've deleted the story more times than I remember over the last year now because of this. Looking for some kind of guidance on this. Thanks in advance.

Send me a message and I'll be happy to walk you through Lush's rules regarding such things.

Am I a good witch, or a bad witch? History will decide
0 likes

I think there's some confusion even between moderators when it comes to clothed pictures of persons aged 16-17. Under my previous account, I had a competition entry in "Le Noir érotique". The picture was made up of three photographs including fully clothed pictures of two 17-year-old girls; the story got passed with that picture. Yesterday, when I resubmitted that same story under my new account, it got kicked back because the girls looked under 18 even though they were not sexualized at all.

That moderator stressed the point by telling me that any under-18 pics are not allowed, even when they are fully clothed. I'm willing to comply, but where is this written in the rules?

I just reread the "Terms & Conditions" and I'm a bit confused. Paragraph 2.3 seems to clearly state that the interdiction applies to naked pictures only.

2.3 You may not post any naked photographs where the person is or appears to be under the age of 18. Members are also governed by the laws of their country and must not enter into any act which would be considered illegal by such laws. You may not permit any party to appear on the webcams who are or appear to be under the age of 18. We will at our sole discretion remove any photograph which we believe is unlawful or we have reasonable grounds to believe the person is under 18. (emphasis mine)

The last sentence causes confusion. "grounds to believe the person is under 18" seems to refer to naked photographs, not clothed ones.

Since violating this rule carries serious consequences, it would be nice to have clearer language about this issue. Is there another rule elsewhere about this?

Charming as fuck
7 likes

Quote by HistBuff

I think there's some confusion even between moderators when it comes to clothed pictures of persons aged 16-17. Under my previous account, I had a competition entry in "Le Noir érotique". The picture was made up of three photographs including fully clothed pictures of two 17-year-old girls; the story got passed with that picture. Yesterday, when I resubmitted that same story under my new account, it got kicked back because the girls looked under 18 even though they were not sexualized at all.

That moderator stressed the point by telling me that any under-18 pics are not allowed, even when they are fully clothed. I'm willing to comply, but where is this written in the rules?

I just reread the "Terms & Conditions" and I'm a bit confused. Paragraph 2.3 seems to clearly state that the interdiction applies to naked pictures only.

2.3 You may not post any naked photographs where the person is or appears to be under the age of 18. Members are also governed by the laws of their country and must not enter into any act which would be considered illegal by such laws. You may not permit any party to appear on the webcams who are or appear to be under the age of 18. We will at our sole discretion remove any photograph which we believe is unlawful or we have reasonable grounds to believe the person is under 18. (emphasis mine)

The last sentence causes confusion. "grounds to believe the person is under 18" seems to refer to naked photographs, not clothed ones.

Since violating this rule carries serious consequences, it would be nice to have clearer language about this issue. Is there another rule elsewhere about this?

Please see the AUP, where it states that pictures on your profile must be clearly 18+.

Regardless of an explicit written rule, if a moderator has advised you of something, please take it as read. This is an adult site. You shouldn't be aiming to post pictures of 16 or 17 year olds anyway, regardless of their state of undress.

For the avoidance of doubt, let me be quite clear that we don't want pictures of anyone who is, or appears to be, under 18 anywhere on this site.

True Blue Aussie
2 likes

Quote by Jen

For the avoidance of doubt, let me be quite clear that we don't want pictures of anyone who is, or appears to be, under 18 anywhere on this site.

Why is it that a story moderator has approved a story with a cover image that has a baby in the photo? The baby is most definitely under 18 years of age.
The story in question here. This story was approved for publication on 4th August 2023, after your comment above was published here in this forum thread, Jen.
I think "ALL" moderators need to be on the same page as to the rules on Lush.

Charming as fuck
0 likes

Quote by AngelWorthy

Why is it that a story moderator has approved a story with a cover image that has a baby in the photo? The baby is most definitely under 18 years of age.
The story in question here. This story was approved for publication on 4th August 2023, after your comment above was published here in this forum thread, Jen.
I think "ALL" moderators need to be on the same page as to the rules on Lush.

Thanks. I've removed the picture and will issue a reminder to the team. I suspect it just wasn't noticed. If you're verifying on your phone the pictures can look really small.

True Blue Aussie
0 likes

Quote by Jen

Thanks. I've removed the picture and will issue a reminder to the team. I suspect it just wasn't noticed. If you're verifying on your phone the pictures can look really small.

Not sure if it's already done, but maybe let the author know of the rule.

0 likes

Yes, since the site allows teenage characters of 16-17 yo, some writers may get confused into thinking that they can post a clothed picture for a main character of that age, especially given that a clothed picture is by any means legal. I was myself a culprit. I first read the thread here, but not the AUP (my mistake 😐).

Sometimes, the picture sits right on the edge where one person will say, "Yes, she looks like 18-19 yo" while another one will say, "No, she looks a bit too young". My own wife was still getting asked for her ID's when she was in her late 20's (and I sometimes got some "moral high ground" stares when we went out together back in 2005).

This is why many writers will make the girl 18 so they can post a picture of her, in the nude or not. If I'm in doubt, then I don't post a picture for the female character and will go with something else that fits with the story's theme. In "Maria", I posted the B & W picture of a 1940's school bus to reinforce the story being set in the school year 1951-52. The actress I used as my description model for Maria is 23 on the picture I have in my media, but she looks more like 18 and could have easily portrayed a teenage girl.

Bottom line is, you have to be very careful when dealing with a picture that sits right in that grey area. If I'm in doubt, then I won't post it or I'll ask for a moderator's opinion. I love this site and I'm happy to help in keeping it clean.

Rookie Scribe
1 like

Hi all need an editor/proof reader please

Rookie Scribe
0 likes

Hello! I just submitted my first story on the 10th of this month. It's a reluctance story, and I've been concerned that it could possibly get rejected (I believe it follows all the rules, but I'm new here... also I've had friends who've had their stories rejected).

I realize that paying members take priority, and I have no problem with that. It makes perfect sense. However, I didn't want to buy a membership until I saw how my stories were received by this site's readership.

I was just wondering about how much longer it might be (or if there was a way of getting an estimation).

I realize that complaining won't speed up the process, so I would very much like to clarify that this is not a complaint. It's simply an inquiry from someone who is unfamiliar with the site.

Thanks 😁

Southern Charmer
1 like

Quote by MediocreAuthor

Hello! I just submitted my first story on the 10th of this month. It's a reluctance story, and I've been concerned that it could possibly get rejected (I believe it follows all the rules, but I'm new here... also I've had friends who've had their stories rejected).

I realize that paying members take priority, and I have no problem with that. It makes perfect sense. However, I didn't want to buy a membership until I saw how my stories were received by this site's readership.

I was just wondering about how much longer it might be (or if there was a way of getting an estimation).

I realize that complaining won't speed up the process, so I would very much like to clarify that this is not a complaint. It's simply an inquiry from someone who is unfamiliar with the site.

Thanks 😁

Hello, I've sent you a private message about this.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Hello,

I'm currently working on a story where one of the characters is almost eighteen. She's performing a striptease for her lover, who is older. She's acting like she's younger than eighteen but never saying she's a specific age.

I can message someone the text if they need to review it. I don't want to continue writing it with that scenario if it's going to be rejected.

Thank you

Southern Charmer
0 likes

Quote by _O2_

Hello,

I'm currently working on a story where one of the characters is almost eighteen. She's performing a striptease for her lover, who is older. She's acting like she's younger than eighteen but never saying she's a specific age.

I can message someone the text if they need to review it. I don't want to continue writing it with that scenario if it's going to be rejected.

Thank you

Hello. Please feel free to message me what you are concerned about.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Thank you, MollyDoll