How much does looks factor into dating?

last reply
6 replies
1.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Do looks really matter in a relationship? Or is it about the inner beauty?
Lurker
0 likes
to make a relationship last, inner beauty is more important, in my opinion. Unfortunately, there has to be an attraction that draws me to a person, and many times that is outward good looks.
Lurker
0 likes
There has to be some degree of physical attraction, but without inner beauty, she could be Helen of Troy and it wouldn't matter.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Well, the two before me said what I was going to say. It's not what is on the outside that matters to me. It's what is on the inside. I have always been one for those women that show their inner qualities on the outside. That's what always attracted me most to women, and when I found the one I am with now, and she knew what true beauty is (even though she may not realize it) she had me hooked. And we've been together now for two years and she is just as beautiful to me on the outside as much as she is beautiful on the inside.
"So don't cry to me.
If you loved me,
You would be here with me.
Don't lie to me,
Just get your things.
I've made up your mind."

--Evanescence
Lurker
0 likes
Let's NOT fuck around... Looks Matter...

But Here's The Real Deal...

There are SOME people who knock you out of the park on meeting ONE 'cos of how they look... That CAN be cool...

More OFTEN, (and WORTH More...) are those people who, INTRIGUE and ENTICE, FASCINATE and Captivate, endear and give one reason to EXPLORE further...

Ordinary Comment: "You have great hair..." (I know that...)

EXTRAORDINARY COMMENT: "Do you mind my saying that you have the most beautiful HANDS???"

xx SF

Sharrone O'Reilly, WHERE ARE YOU NOW! (I was playing CRAP piano at the time...) And my hands are STUMPY and HORRIBLE!!!!!!

But THAT isn't what SHE said.

(My current Belle HATES her tight curly hair... WISHES for straight tresses... I ADORE HER HAIR!!!!!!!)
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Quote by laylaybrown_
How much does looks factor into dating?

Certainly as much as people usually care about how the cars they buy look... which is quite a whole fucking lot, actually. There are some who can't afford a Ferrari though, so you might still have your chances if you're a reliable Toyota.

The comparison with cars is simplistic, but it's in fact quite accurate.
Lurker
0 likes
Wait ... You mean there's ANOTHER factor?