Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

What turns you on the most when reading?

last reply
50 replies
6.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
What elements in stories that you've read get you the most excited? The things you look for and a thrilled with the most? Perhaps they're hard to find. Or perhaps they're hot only if written about in a certain way.

I'd love to hear it ;)
Story Verifier
0 likes
It's actually not that difficult to define. My main trigger is a good description of that sweet moment when whatever holds the character back - a sense of propriety, insecurity, outrage or rational thought, as examples - crumbles under the force of their carnal desires. It's not so much the 'what happens' there - the moment where the character bares her breasts to her partner for the first time can be just as intense as when she has full-blown sex - but rather how it happens, and how detailed that moment is described.

And then there's teasing. Lovely, long, drawn-out teasing and juicy descriptions of the sweet torture it brings. A soft, wet kiss is lovely, but even more intense is the minute that precedes it, where lips hover just an inch apart and hot breath tickles with delicious promises, where fingers softly caress instead of pulling them together and have the characters tremble with need, until my own breathless anticipation makes me shiver and want to shout, "Do it!"
Lurker
0 likes
Hmmm...that perfect blend of realism and fantasy...that's what does it for me. Where I think...oh...this *could* happen. But works for me only when the writing is of sufficiently high quality...vivid descriptions...a few details but not paragraph long descriptions...just enough to get the...um...juices flowing.

Oh! And naughty dialogue! *blushing*
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
i like a story that starts out as just that ... a story that makes me care about the people in it .. at least to some extent. Rather than one where you just say here are 2 characters and they fuck. I wana a story to tease me till im begging them to fuck (much like in real life :P)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Cheating wife's and feet are both very exciting !!
Lurker
0 likes
First, here's the characters. Even reading a fictional tale give me real characters to like, dislike, ect. Even in the most fantastic of tales, I like to relate to the characters on one level or another.
Second, I like vivid, descriptive stories. The visual is what turns me on the most. If I can see the story/imagine it in my head as I'm reading then the writer's done their job.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I like the introspective. I want to know what going through their mind. It helps me to know the character.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I like dialogue.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Characters that I could be attracted to in real life, had I passed them in the street. Make them real people because they are, so do them justice when you write about them, or at least try to. Some people are just hard to capture cause they are elusive and mysterious...etc, but when that happens portray that too. Also. IMAGERY. I love good imagery. And not cliche stuff -- go out of the box and try to make it realistic/believable in a way.

Like, if I can sub in any random two characters in a scene, then it perhaps needs to be .... re-looked at and such cause sex is INCREDIBLY personal, and individual to the person, that should be portrayed in the story most of all. No cookie cutter stories. Even if we all had sex the same way with straight, vanilla kind of sex, it still should hold some variety because of the people having the straight vanilla sex are all different.

Annnnd I'm done rambling now.
Lurker
0 likes
Has to be something with detail. Good description is a must as it helps you to visualise the situation. Also something that borders between realistic/fantasy. I have to be able to read what's happening and think "oh yeah, that could definitely happen and I want it to happen to me".
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Second post.
Above all it has to be well written. I have read stories here, in categories that are not my thing, but I've been turned on by the skill of the author.
One thing that turns me off is a badly written story.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It must be vividly written. as if I can see imagine and feel the story happening right before my eyes.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
A certain combination of words
The devil's going to make me a free woman. The devil's going to set me free. Dead bodies everywhere...
Lurker
0 likes
Anything related to my fantasies.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I love little background details that help me picture the whole scene in my mind -- the room or location where the sexual action takes place. I guess it makes a story seem more "real".
Lurker
0 likes
The Descriptive words and expressions. The "RAWNESS" of the story if you will.
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
There doesn't need to be many details, just the right ones.

And like chrissiekecter said, a long, slow tease drives me crazy. In stories, in life, in fantasy. You have no idea.

Oddly, realism isn't that big a deal for me. I've been seriously aroused by some pretty implausible stories here.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I like it when the writer starts off with a strong buildup. When they can bring me into the room with them while making me feel the gentle kiss, touch or act of intimacy. I want to feel the very words that I see on the screen. Feel the sun, and see the moon, stars and the horizon they describe in the story. When a writer can take me there, making my heart beat rapidly inside my chest, sometimes cause tears to flow down my face or cause sweet juices to flow down the inside of my warm caramel thighs, then for me it's a total and complete turn on.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I want a story that to some extend makes me care about the characters. I want to understand what is going through there heads. The mere act is less important than the desire and the lust driving it. I wanna experience what those naughty words and touches do to them.
Lurker
0 likes
Details i think is one of the most important things that turn me on, the actions of the persons in the story is key. Also don't forget about the grammar, if the writer puts in the wrong variation of the word, it could throw the feeling behind the story off in a whole different direction.
Lurker
0 likes
I like believable stories. Ones that I could see myself as being part of, if possible!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It depends on the type of story, but I simply can not get excited (in any form) over stories that lack decent plot, have unrealistic characters and no depth of emotion.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It depends on the type of story, but I simply can not get excited (in any form) over stories that lack decent plot, have unrealistic characters and no depth of emotion.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes