Login

Dildo VS Sex Toys

last reply
3 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Does the term 'dildo' bring a specific concept to mind?

Is 'sex toys' much more broad in concept?

Amid a discussion I've had this debate came up - I play with glass toys that were never intended to be used as sex objects . . . and so are they dildos or sex toys. LOL
Lurker
0 likes
Vibrators are the best
Blackbird Supernova
0 likes
Quote by Metilda
Does the term 'dildo' bring a specific concept to mind?

Is 'sex toys' much more broad in concept?

Amid a discussion I've had this debate came up - I play with glass toys that were never intended to be used as sex objects . . . and so are they dildos or sex toys. LOL

A dildo is a type of sex toy, while not all sex toys are dildos.

The dictionary says this:

Dildo: n. an object shaped like an erect penis used for sexual stimulation.

Dildos have been around for thousands of years. Archaeologists have uncovered dildos from several ancient civilizations.

The Wiki on Dildos:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dildo

Today, dildos come in all shapes and sizes. There are smooth dildos, penis like realistic dildos (more often referred to as dongs), vibrating dildos, jelly dildos, glass dildos, stone dildos... the list goes on.

I'd say that if what you are using for pleasure wasn't necessarily meant for that use, then it is more likely 'dildo-like' than an actual dildo. That's why things like cucumbers and carrots aren't dildos.

I'm partial to vibrating sex toys as well, though if you get a good rhythm and pressure going with a realistic dildo, it can provide some pretty nice orgasms. I'm more externally stimulated, though. Love my clit. :-)
Lurker
0 likes
See - exactly. I ended up spending a ridiculous amount of time debating the topic. LOL. Thanks Raven for the research biggrin