Aren't they?

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
No way. Spain all the way baby..... Viva España
"Look up to the sky, you'll never find rainbows if you're looking down."
- Charlie Chaplin
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Shouldn't it be....Brazil is going going to win.? Or if it was meant to be a question then it should be " Is Brazil going to win the world cup?"
Wild at Heart
0 likes
The way the groups are set up and if you follow the brackets it sure looks like it will be a Spain vs. Brazil final. I don't want to see either team win to be honest but I think Spain is a stronger more patient team and will win.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by alliebug69
Shouldn't it be....Brazil is going going to win.? Or if it was meant to be a question then it should be " Is Brazil going to win the world cup?"

No.

Firstly, it's a statement, not a question.

"Brazil are going to win the World Cup!" is correct. She's referring to Brazil as a sports team.

It's like saying. "Spurs are going to win the NBA finals!" You wouldn't say "Spurs is going to win the NBA Finals!". Well, maybe you would if you are from the deep south... But it's incorrect.
Short Arse Brit
0 likes
This little Brit hopes and prayers are on England winning but I don't think that's ever gonna happen in my lifetime. Brazil who knows they are the home team which gives them an added advantage but they are beatable.

I for one am going to be wearing my England top with pride as always and just enjoying the world cup. although @ Nicola I think the Socceroos have a better chance of winning this time then we do but one can dream.

As for a build up all don't forget to watch Socceraid Sunday it raises tons of money its England vs the rest of the world and is always fun to watch the celebs/pro footballers playing together and should get us all in the mood for the beginning of the world cup xo

Some celebs include the luscious Sam Worthington, the nasty chef Gorden Ramsey, but im not worried we have Big Dave and Ollie Murrs
The Duchess of Tart

Please check out my new story, co-written with the amazing Wilful.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/long-time-coming.aspx

And my latest poem, The Temptation.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/erotic-poems/the-temptation.aspx
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
My money is on Holland to win ⚽️ .....(remember where you read it first!) , but I will of course be supporting England - (even though I'm Scottish) ⚽️
My Karma just ran over your Dogma
Lurker
0 likes
Brazil it has to be - rarely let down for quality players, home support and familiar surroundings plus acclimatized with the temperatures.

Spain may be the strongest of the European qualifiers - also familiar with playing in the heat.

Germany normally start strong but often fade away with poor performances.

Italy are often void of quality but are stubborn so and so's and often claw their way to the semi's - it wouldn't surprise me if they reached the final.

My lovely home country of England are just too weak at the back - I'd be surprised if they got through the group stage - but who knows.

Look out for a few other teams to spring a surprise, Chile look a tough outfit and are also full of home grown talent that play in their own country. They too are used to the heat.

My prediction?, somehow I believe the route takes both Argentina and Brazil to the final without meeting one another hmm - say no more.

Sarcastic Coffee Aficionado
0 likes
Canada isn't in it ... hahahahahaha

So, I am cheering for my other passport ..... Go England Go!! .... hahahahaha

Looooong shot!! The odds are around 26 to 1 ..... hahahaha
The Linebacker
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix

Well, maybe you would if you are from the deep south... But it's incorrect.

No, we pretty much leave that you yahoos in California. But you all would add 'gag me with a spoon' to the end of the sentence.
The Linebacker
0 likes
I doubt the USA will win it since our coach doesn't even believe we can win.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by Buz

No, we pretty much leave that you yahoos in California. But you all would add 'gag me with a spoon' to the end of the sentence.

Are you denying that y'all tend to replace are with is when you's talkin'? Crazy talk Buz, crazier than a shit house rat.

Quote by Buz
I doubt the USA will win it since our coach doesn't even believe we can win.

They currently have the best coach they have ever had. They have a hard group though and just don't have the firepower or depth it takes to make it past the round of 16 if they luck up somehow to make it out of their group. It's just the reality.
The Linebacker
0 likes
Is with are? That makes no sense. That sounds like some bad TV script writing where they have those terrible actors doing those really awful rendition of accents.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by Buz
Is with are? That makes no sense. That sounds like some bad TV script writing where they have those terrible actors doing those really awful rendition of accents.

Other way around Buz, replacing are with is. Replacing words isn't an accent by the way... I have heard it before in person. I have heard it in interviews. I have heard it in documentaries. I have heard it so many times.
The Linebacker
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix

Other way around Buz, replacing are with is. Replacing words isn't an accent... I have heard it before in person. I have heard it in interviews. I have heard it in documentaries. I have heard it so many times.

Sure you have... in your dreams. Have a nice evening Jack.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by Buz

Sure you have... in your dreams. Have a nice evening Jack.

I have heard people replace are with is in my dreams? Okay... I never imagined such a big tough guy to have such thin skin. Hmmm The internet is a hell of a thing.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by jollyjack
My money is on Holland to win ⚽️ .....(remember where you read it first!) , but I will of course be supporting England - (even though I'm Scottish) ⚽️

Lol! You don't really think the chokers have a chance? Do you? Holland chokes have been as bad as Peyton Manning choking in the playoffs again and again...
Matriarch
0 likes
The temperatures and humidity will probably rule out all the European nations?

Maybe it's Argentina's time to shine?

Is Maradonna still playing?
Short Arse Brit
0 likes
Grrrrrrrr you don't mention him to us Brits Nicola, it was a god damn hand ball. I'd rather anyone else win except Argentina the cheating bastards

Besides he's now an overweight fat junky has been and still a cheat, hand of God my arse.
The Duchess of Tart

Please check out my new story, co-written with the amazing Wilful.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/long-time-coming.aspx

And my latest poem, The Temptation.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/erotic-poems/the-temptation.aspx
Lurker
0 likes
One of these 4 teams: Germany, Italy, Brazil or Spain
Innocent Puck Bunnii
0 likes
They may have chance to win the World Cup, Since they have pretty impressive line-up this year..Luiz, William, Ramirez, Oscar, Paulinho, Fernandinho, Hulk, Thiago Silva and Neymar..But another repeat winning performance of Spain is what I'm hoping for. LOL
Story Verifier
0 likes
I thought Qatar bought it.
“When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.”
Site administrator
0 likes
Nah .. Cameroon for sure :s
Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by Cindertoffee

I've had to endure listening to several conversations about it recently, so I thought a few here would probably care!
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Quote by kiera
Grrrrrrrr you don't mention him to us Brits Nicola, it was a god damn hand ball. I'd rather anyone else win except Argentina the cheating bastards

Besides he's now an overweight fat junky has been and still a cheat, hand of God my arse.

I couldnt agree with you more. I remember that also. A fucking farce.

One man can make a difference, so dont overlook Spain and Lionel Messi.