LADIES what do you prefer?! - shaving, waxing, IPL/laser

last reply
30 replies
3.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm really intrigued about getting IPL Brazilian but haven't met anyone who's done it!
If you have, what was your experience like and how do you feel about getting it done afterwards. (Retreats? Best thing ever?)
To other ladies - what do you prefer - shaving, waxing or gone for ever?
Head Nurse
0 likes
Gone forever, is nice in a way, but it is expensive and time consuming to get to that point. There are many follow ups required. and and each one costs more. even after 6 months of treatments, there is frequently hair left, particularly if, like me, you have thick dark hair.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Dirty_D
Gone forever, is nice in a way, but it is expensive and time consuming to get to that point. There are many follow ups required. and and each one costs more. even after 6 months of treatments, there is frequently hair left, particularly if, like me, you have thick dark hair.

Have you done it yourself? I've looked into it and have the savings for it but worried about regretting it.
0 likes
I think I *would* do the laser thing, but like D said, it is expensive, requires multiple visits, and frequently at least some hair is left. I go for a professional waxing about every 3 1/2 weeks, have done so for years, and now, even between waxings, the most I ever get back is a fine, downy layer of hair.
Want to spend some time wallowing in a Recommended Read? Pick one! Or two! Or seven!

Head Nurse
0 likes
Quote by BlondeBabyGirl

Have you done it yourself? I've looked into it and have the savings for it but worried about regretting it.

Not me, but my sister and another friend have. I thought about it also, but what I have seen of their experiences makes me hesitant to do it. They both have not had the success they had hoped for.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Dirty_D

Not me, but my sister and another friend have. I thought about it also, but what I have seen of their experiences makes me hesitant to do it. They both have not had the success they had hoped for.

What do you mean not the success they had hoped for?
Head Nurse
0 likes
hair regrowth, still needing to shave, need to return for more visits, extra cost.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I used to just shave but lately I have been opting for getting professionally waxed. I finally found a place that I really like and they do a great job. As far as having the hair permanently removed, the idea sounds nice and I would love to not have to shave/wax. But even though I have been totally bare for more than 10yrs now, I still like the idea of knowing I could grow in a landing strip if I wanted to. I know it sounds weird but that's me. LOL
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Nikki703
I used to just shave but lately I have been opting for getting professionally waxed. I finally found a place that I really like and they do a great job. As far as having the hair permanently removed, the idea sounds nice and I would love t not have to shave/wax. But even though I have been totally bare for more than 10yrs now, I still like the idea of knowing I could grow in a landing strip if I wanted to. I know it sounds weird but that's me. LOL

No I agree. The being able to have the option of growing hair back is what's keeping me from doing it. But at the same time I hate having hair downtown here!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Nikki703
I used to just shave but lately I have been opting for getting professionally waxed. I finally found a place that I really like and they do a great job. As far as having the hair permanently removed, the idea sounds nice and I would love to not have to shave/wax. But even though I have been totally bare for more than 10yrs now, I still like the idea of knowing I could grow in a landing strip if I wanted to. I know it sounds weird but that's me. LOL

I we all went completely and permanently bare and the next Sex Goddess had a full Bush then where would we be?
Head Nurse
0 likes
Quote by 1nympholes

I we all went completely and permanently bare and the next Sex Goddess had a full Bush then where would we be?

Id still be bare. Who wants to floss their teeth with hair?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by BlondeBabyGirl

Like everything else practice makes perfect and it only takes a week or so before you can correct the mistakes, or change the shape.
I am quite capable going solo now but it took a few goes to get myself competent.
Generally my girlfriend and I do it for each other regularly.
If using some creams watch the lips - it can sting like hell if you get it in there. Always use a new blade in any razor you may use.
I have used salons and provided you use a reputable one there is no problem.
We are shaper's rather then smoothies.
Our guys trim but not shave except, for their balls which are always hair free.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by 1nympholes

If we all went completely and permanently bare and the next Sex Goddess had a full Bush then where would we be I get waxed too and I would like a better solution
Lurker
0 likes
Waxing works the best for me.
The salon I use does a great job.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
My preferred method is waxing. The pro I use for the places I can't reach uses cloth strips, I hate that. When I do my own at home I use hard wax.
If I didn't want a full Brazilian I could do it all myself, but I don't want a Mohawk down there ha ha

The waxing has made regrowth very light where I do get it. There are whole sections of my legs that do not get regrowth at all. For underarms I like that I don't have that 'shadow' you see so many women get from shaving, it makes them look like they have pit hair even when they don't.

I also use hard wax when I wax my husband's stuff. Wherever he may want or need that done ;)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Waxing. I use wax strips to wax my underams and a wax cream for my pubic hair. The wax cream for my pubic hair isn't that bad. Its just like shaving it.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Although I am a guy, I can provide some really useful input here. First of all, to the best of my knowledge, IPL and laser are two different things. IPL stands for Intense Pulsed Light and I have tried both IPL and Laser. I have had extremely poor results with IPL but Laser has been AMAZING. The effectiveness of laser depends on both skin type and hair color. The very bestest results are obtained when you are very fair and have black hair. This maximizes the energy absorption into the hair while leaving the skin unhurt. I am quite dark and I am squeaky clean - not a trace of pubic hair anywhere on me. I am also completely bare in my arm pits. That said, for me, it HURTS LIKE HELL. Think about hitting a man in the balls. Now think about hitting with a hair brush that has prickly needles for the teeth. Thats how it feels like. BUT. The results are AMAZING. The soft smooth velvet texture of that area is just undescribable even though this is a man's skin we are talking about. Over time, my hair growth has retarded so much that I need treatments after more than two months. Oh did I tell you the smoothness is so amazing it takes an effort not to play with myself smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by jimakil
Although I am a guy, I can provide some really useful input here. First of all, to the best of my knowledge, IPL and laser are two different things. IPL stands for Intense Pulsed Light and I have tried both IPL and Laser. I have had extremely poor results with IPL but Laser has been AMAZING. The effectiveness of laser depends on both skin type and hair color. The very bestest results are obtained when you are very fair and have black hair. This maximizes the energy absorption into the hair while leaving the skin unhurt. I am quite dark and I am squeaky clean - not a trace of pubic hair anywhere on me. I am also completely bare in my arm pits. That said, for me, it HURTS LIKE HELL. Think about hitting a man in the balls. Now think about hitting with a hair brush that has prickly needles for the teeth. Thats how it feels like. BUT. The results are AMAZING. The soft smooth velvet texture of that area is just undescribable even though this is a man's skin we are talking about. Over time, my hair growth has retarded so much that I need treatments after more than two months. Oh did I tell you the smoothness is so amazing it takes an effort not to play with myself smile

Thank you for the input! I'm very fair and have corse black hair. My sister has done IPL and says it's all gone. I've always been skeptical of the laser treatment because I thought it might have men more invasive and a bit more dangerous.
What's your opinion on it never growing back? How did you make the decision to?
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Quote by BlondeBabyGirl

Thank you for the input! I'm very fair and have corse black hair. My sister has done IPL and says it's all gone. I've always been skeptical of the laser treatment because I thought it might have men more invasive and a bit more dangerous.
What's your opinion on it never growing back? How did you make the decision to?

Well I started down this path because previously I used to shave and I shaved myself into a pack of needles. As you can imagine, no girl would like a pack of needles LOL. I actually went to a dermatologist who recommended this and once I saw - umm I mean felt - the results there was never any turning back smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by jimakil

Well I started down this path because previously I used to shave and I shaved myself into a pack of needles. As you can imagine, no girl would like a pack of needles LOL. I actually went to a dermatologist who recommended this and once I saw - umm I mean felt - the results there was never any turning back smile

Awesome! Thank you! :)
Why do you think you has don success with the IPL exactly?
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Quote by BlondeBabyGirl

Awesome! Thank you! smile
Why do you think you has don success with the IPL exactly?

I have got no idea, I can only share my experience. After just one treatment, I started feeling numbness/tingling around my genital area. And numbness can NEVER be good.

If you are very unsure, you don't need to start big. You can always go and talk to the people providing the treatment - I think the initial consultation should be free. Also, many places offer a test for free - I have seen a place advertising first armpits as free. So choose an inconspicuous area and get a test treatment there. Of course you will only see the results after quite a few treatments but it at least gives you an indication of how much it hurts or not.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by jimakil

I have got no idea, I can only share my experience. After just one treatment, I started feeling numbness/tingling around my genital area. And numbness can NEVER be good.

If you are very unsure, you don't need to start big. You can always go and talk to the people providing the treatment - I think the initial consultation should be free. Also, many places offer a test for free - I have seen a place advertising first armpits as free. So choose an inconspicuous area and get a test treatment there. Of course you will only see the results after quite a few treatments but it at least gives you an indication of how much it hurts or not.

I'm very keep on getting my underarms getting done! It's non-negotiable. I get extremely bad reactions to everything! So I guess that will determine whether I get anywhere else done.
I just wanted to know peoples opinions on what they thought after they had it done.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Quote by BlondeBabyGirl

I'm very keep on getting my underarms getting done! It's non-negotiable. I get extremely bad reactions to everything! So I guess that will determine whether I get anywhere else done.
I just wanted to know peoples opinions on what they thought after they had it done.

Well, good luck!! I guess since you have your sister's precedent you wouldn't need to search for the right laser clinic but if you do decide to do laser (vs IPL) the newest system out there is Candela (to the best of my knowledge). Look for it if you are getting laser done. Keep us posted on how it goes!!!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by jimakil

Well, good luck!! I guess since you have your sister's precedent you wouldn't need to search for the right laser clinic but if you do decide to do laser (vs IPL) the newest system out there is Candela (to the best of my knowledge). Look for it if you are getting laser done. Keep us posted on how it goes!!!

THANKS!
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Quote by BlondeBabyGirl

THANKS!

You are most welcome smile
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I usually wax because I love how smooth it makes my skin but when I can't find time to get waxed I will shave. I also love wax because the hair doesn't grow back nearly as fast as when I shave!
Lurker
0 likes
I had lazer done last fall/winter. It is worth every penny i paid.
In-House Sapiosexual
0 likes
Waxing
? A True Story ?