Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Announcing our "Supernatural / Sci-Fi Sex Stories" Competition, $150 First Prize.

last reply
147 replies
13.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Matriarch
0 likes
It's time to let the imagination run wild. Do the dark recesses of your mind take you to the supernatural, with ghostly tales, or alternative universes with futuristic beings?

"I think the supernatural is a catch-all for everything we don't understand about the vast other parts of life that we cannot perceive."

William Shatner

Competition Theme

Stories must feature a Supernatural / Sci-Fi element or Non-Human theme. Stories may range from the paranormal and occult to sexy tales of Vampires, Fantasy Worlds, Ghosts, Aliens, Futuristic themes, Robots, Triffids or anything else your imagination may conjure up.

Full details here: http://www.lushstories.com/competitions/supernatural-sex.aspx

Please note, this is a stories only competition, no poems should be submitted.

Matriarch
0 likes
The prizes:

1st Prize: $150
2nd Prize: $100
3rd Prize: $50
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Hi, Nic. Sounds exciting and very different! I'm already thinking of ideas...

Just wanted to clarify....does the story need to be submitted to the Supernatural Category? Can it be in another category, but have a supernatural slant? Is Fantasy and Sci Fi included?

And sorry, one more thing... it feels like "points of reference" listed in the announcement are mixing touchpoints of Supernatural with the Fantasy & Sci Fi. Ghosts, Vampires, Werewolves are Supernatural.. the alternate planes of existence and creatures of cultural mythology.

Robots, Alternate Universes, Aliens, are more akin to the Fantasy and Sci-Fi category.
IMHO
Lurker
0 likes
My WIP is a new Vampire Story.... Hmmmm...

xx Steph

(Seriously, Team Lush, am I allowed enter 'cos I used to be a Judge? Frankly I doubt it, in fairness... Please advise?)

Nicola: "Yeah you can ENTER... It's not like there's any danger of you winning the bugger..."

Me: "Urm, thanks, I think..."
Lurker
0 likes
I am in on this one as well.

Already have a story in mind. It even ties in to my 7 deadly sins series but is it's own story. It's the back story for my series. My brain surprises me sometimes
Lurker
0 likes
Wow. . .no way! A Supernatural comp. I've been waiting for one of these. I'm definitely in!
Princess Blondie
0 likes
Sounds like fun. smile Will be fun to read the stories.
†Jinxy Approved†

Head Nurse
0 likes
Quote by Noreasonneeded
Hi, Nic. Sounds exciting and very different! I'm already thinking of ideas...

Just wanted to clarify....does the story need to be submitted to the Supernatural Category? Can it be in another category, but have a supernatural slant? Is Fantasy and Sci Fi included?

And sorry, one more thing... it feels like "points of reference" listed in the announcement are mixing touchpoints of Supernatural with the Fantasy & Sci Fi. Ghosts, Vampires, Werewolves are Supernatural.. the alternate planes of existence and creatures of cultural mythology.

Robots, Alternate Universes, Aliens, are more akin to the Fantasy and Sci-Fi category.
IMHO

Fantasy and sci fi are included.

I would imagine like all other contests that they could be in other categories, but remember that adherence to the theme does play into the judging.
Orgasm Aficionado
0 likes
Quote by stephanie

My WIP is a new Vampire Story.... Hmmmm...

xx Steph

(Seriously, Team Lush, am I allowed enter 'cos I used to be a Judge? Frankly I doubt it, in fairness... Please advise?)

Nicola: "Yeah you can ENTER... It's not like there's any danger of you winning the bugger..."

Me: "Urm, thanks, I think..."

Brilliant bit of banter!! Thanks for giving me a laugh
Orgasm Aficionado
0 likes
Quote by nicola
It's time to let the imagination run wild.

Are you sure? Last time I let my imagination run wild it was arrested and spent six months in clink.
Matriarch
0 likes
I will revise the comp page to make it clearer.

It's really a Supernatural / Sci-Fi hybrid of a competition.

I think our category definitions need a little refining.
Testing The Waters.
0 likes
The way I've been approaching the categories since Fantasy&Sci-Fi was introduced is like this:

Stories that take place in fantasy settings ( swords and sorcery worlds ) belong in Fantasy&Sci-Fi. Pretty much everything Sci-Fi fits there, regardless of the setting.

Stories with fantasy elements that take place in a "real world" setting go to Supernatural.
Matriarch
0 likes
Thanks RR.

EDIT: After checking how the likes of Amazon are categorising various genres, we'll be leaving Sci-Fi and Fantasy together.

Here are the suggested category changes (robots obviously need to go in Sci-Fi):

SUPERNATURAL — This is a wide story category, catering for stories with a Supernatural / Non-Human theme. These are often associated with paranormal, occult, and fantasy ideas. Stories to be placed in here include those relating to vampires, fantasy worlds, ghosts, aliens, triffids or anything else the imagination may conjure. We allow a certain amount of leeway in this category, but basic guidelines must be observed.

SCI-FIC — Our science fiction category covers all technology and advanced universe ideas and themes. Stories that contain robots, cyborgs, time travel, futuristic settings, and battles against dark forces are acceptable in this category.

I welcome feedback from people who are well acquainted with these genres!
Testing The Waters.
0 likes
I'll have to move my fantasy stories back to Supernatural if it goes this way ( they were there before the Fantasy&Sci-Fi category was introduced ) but the reorganization makes sense.

Guess I'll put upcoming fantasy stories there in anticipation of the change, so I don't have more to move when it happens.
Matriarch
0 likes
The categories were added rather too hastily, and when you do that, mistakes can happen.

The new definitions are much more logical to my mind.
Velvet-Voiced Titillator
0 likes
One of the reasons I love entering the competitions is because it always pushes me to write something I would never normally consider.

I think this one is going to be a real challenge and I can't wait to get writing.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Already looks like some of my favorite writers will be entering and I cant wait to see what they come up with. I think im going to try my hand in it as well.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Jayne33
One of the reasons I love entering the competitions is because it always pushes me to write something I would never normally consider.

I think this one is going to be a real challenge and I can't wait to get writing.

i've been dealing with Writer's block for several months now, and yeah, something i normally wouldn't write, but suddenly, i have a story coming. lovely feeling.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Testing The Waters.
0 likes
My biggest problem with this one is trying to come up with something outside my two main fantasy series: the fantasy world of my old PnP days, and my "of the Wood" series.

My head is so stuffed full of those characters and those worlds that trying to shoehorn something new in is damn near impossible. Every idea that's floated into my head so far has managed to muddle itself up in one of those somehow.
Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by RejectReality
My biggest problem with this one is trying to come up with something outside my two main fantasy series: the fantasy world of my old PnP days, and my "of the Wood" series.

My head is so stuffed full of those characters and those worlds that trying to shoehorn something new in is damn near impossible. Every idea that's floated into my head so far has managed to muddle itself up in one of those somehow.

Good luck trying to clear your head! Have you tried meditation?

Those series are done and dusted aren't they? It sounds like you don't have closure yet with them!
Testing The Waters.
0 likes
They're far from done. I have the family tree for the Wood series planned out for at least another generation, and still have loose ends to tie up with characters who have already had their starring role.

I have that huge gaping hole in the Nobles by Deed series between the history tales and the stories once they're the nobles of Egoria. Also have characters who have yet to have their history tales told.

I know how that goes, of course. It was played out with dice and imagination many years ago. Just needs to be translated into prose and spiced up with some danger. I honestly rolled through that campaign like a steamroller, because I was well prepared and had lucky dice. LOL

I was leaning toward genie, and then one of the first stories that posted to the contest was a genie story.

Those ideas all wanted to turn into Laresa stories anyway ( another long dormant series )

I'm sure my muse will be working in the background. I have my queue filled up with Lowborn chapters until the 20th anyway.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Well this will stretch my talents at scribbles (such as they are haha). Will do my best (crosses fingers.....).
Velvet-Voiced Titillator
0 likes
Quote by sprite

i've been dealing with Writer's block for several months now, and yeah, something i normally wouldn't write, but suddenly, i have a story coming. lovely feeling.

I hope you manage to get it written. I've got an idea (not saying what, as its a bit different and I don't want to give too much away) I just need to write it now.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Would a story of a modern day descendant of the Greek God Pan be considered a viable candidate for this category?
“It's nice sometimes to open up the heart a little and let some hurt come in. It proves you're still alive.”
Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by flytoomuch
Well this will stretch my talents at scribbles (such as they are haha). Will do my best (crosses fingers.....).

I'm sensing a UFO theme?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
"Beam me up QUICK Scotty!! Nicola is sensing something!!" (Scotty frantically presses imaginary buttons trying, and yet failing, to assist John)
Matriarch
0 likes
Not sure we allow Fan Fiction!
Lurker
0 likes
New Thing...

I've opened a BOOK on the comp... FUCK $150... I'm talking REAL DOSH...

So far:

stephanie: 100/1 (And fuck all of you, BTW...)

xxsnakeplisskenxx: Evens (And fuck you all by the way...)

Still, early days... Get your money down...

xx Steph

(People are laying SHIT LOADS of money on Liz and Noreasonneeded... THEY HAVE NOT YET ENTERED!!!!!)

Nicola: "I'm not sure about this... Doesn't it cheapen the concept of the comp? And does Lush get a cut? I'm not so sure about this..."

Me: "Fuck You. I thought of it..."

Nicola: "How do you plot the odds?"

Me: "I go by the number of READS Vs Number of comments, (since I can't see the votes...) It'll work..."

Nicola: "Stephen that's fucking crazy..."

Me: "Tell me that when I buy a BOAT!!!!!"
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Before I get too involved in this story I have a question. Can you refer to a move by name, costume, etc?? Is that considered 'Fan Fiction' or am I being way to literal?

I hope I'm good because I really want to write this story.
...I thought that maybe a new life, a different life, wouldn’t be so bad. But where the hell did I put the receipt, and could you return something that was over twenty years old? Where do you go to get a new life when your old one has you so puzzled you don’t know how to fix it? Wish I knew.
-Anita Blake (Laurell K. Hamilton)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Stephen.....just a quick note.....we don't buy "boats".....we buy YACHTS!