Have you fallen for a Geordie Lad?

last reply
48 replies
5.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I thought it would be fun to meet others. We might have a lot in common. Don't post here just private message me directly. Let's just see how big our group is?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm here with you girl! Let me know how it goes!!
Lurker
0 likes
I have. Yes. (Sorry for posting)
Head Nurse
0 likes
What is a Geordie lad?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by naughtynurse
What is a Geordie lad?

A guy from Newcastle - here's a typical example...

Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by overmykneenow

A guy from Newcastle - here's a typical example...

Very stereotypical.
Head Nurse
0 likes
Ohhh.

Nope. Don't know anyone from there.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by sweet_as_candy

Very stereotypical.

DOWN GIRL!
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by overmykneenow

DOWN GIRL!

Even more stereotypical!
Southern Charmer
0 likes
Quote by naughtynurse
What is a Geordie lad?

And some look like this. Disclaimer: He played for Newcastle United, but he is from France, but he is so fine, I over looked that little detail.

or this:

I love Charlie Hunnam *sigh*

So I did a thing with leftlingula... 😈 Naughty people, I'm not talking about that. We wrote a story together! I'm very proud of what we've done and we would love for you to read it. It's about a husband and wife remembering who they are together. The fire, their passion, their love, her need to submit to him, and his need to dominate her. All rolled into one beautiful connection. It all started with one simple word...
Nightshade Part 1

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by MadameMolly

And some look like this.

While it's true that he played for Newcastle, Yohan Cabaye is very much French

Blackbird Supernova
0 likes
Quote by overmykneenow

And yet, nobody cares because he's hawt. I mean... look at all of that yummy manflesh!

Southern Charmer
0 likes
Quote by overmykneenow

You are absolutely correct on that so I added a disclaimer. But these two men are both proper Geordie's.

Actor James Scott:

and Sting:

So I did a thing with leftlingula... 😈 Naughty people, I'm not talking about that. We wrote a story together! I'm very proud of what we've done and we would love for you to read it. It's about a husband and wife remembering who they are together. The fire, their passion, their love, her need to submit to him, and his need to dominate her. All rolled into one beautiful connection. It all started with one simple word...
Nightshade Part 1

Head Nurse
0 likes
Quote by Raven_Star

And yet, nobody cares because he's hawt. I mean... look at all of that yummy manflesh!

I'm looking. Yum indeed!
Southern Charmer
0 likes
Quote by Liz

Silly lady he's Geordi with with an 'I'. She was looking for Geordie with an 'E'

Nightshade Part 1

Blackbird Supernova
0 likes
Quote by Liz

You're so cute when you're geeky.

Rookie Scribe
0 likes

Here's to the Harem Army. Time to get inoculated against glib
Geordies. I'm swearing off the whole lot. Just because you feel the freedom of being yourself don't think others are not lying their asses off.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by CharmingLeigh

Here's to the Harem Army. Time to get inoculated against glib
Geordies. I'm swearing off the whole lot. Just because you feel the freedom of being yourself don't think others are not lying their asses off.

AMEN SISTER!!!!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Why are they called Geordies? Just a dumb Yank asking!!
Southern Charmer
0 likes
Quote by Nikki703
Why are they called Geordies? Just a dumb Yank asking!!

From my understanding, the most plausible theory is that it comes from a derogatory slang given to the people of Newcastle by the Scottish Jacobites in the 1745 Rebellion. The supporters of King George (Geordie) II in Newcastle stood up against them, and earned themselves the name Geordies. The term Geordie is used for natives of Newcastle only, and they are very proud of it. There is a ton of amazing history stories related to that area.

Then again, it could be because of George (Geordie) Stephenson. He was a mining and railway engineer who came from the north east.

Sorry, I'm a history nerd.

Nightshade Part 1

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by MadameMolly

From my understanding, the most plausible theory is that it comes from a derogatory slang given to the people of Newcastle by the Scottish Jacobites in the 1745 Rebellion. The supporters of King George (Geordie) II in Newcastle stood up against them, and earned themselves the name Geordies. The term Geordie is used for natives of Newcastle only, and they are very proud of it. There is a ton of amazing history stories related to that area.

Then again, it could be because of George (Geordie) Stephenson. He was a mining and railway engineer who came from the north east.

Sorry, I'm a history nerd.

Thanks. I Googled it and found the ones you mentioned and few others. But what I found said it is used for people throughout Northeast England and not just Newcastle. But Ill go with you what you said!!

Either way, the guys you all posted pics of are pretty hot, well maybe not the first one posted!! HAHA. And Cheryl Cole is from there too so I assume you have lot of hot girls there too. Are women called Geordies too? Or maybe Geordettes? LOL May have to visit there someday.

Southern Charmer
0 likes
Quote by Nikki703

Thanks. I Googled it and found the ones you mentioned and few others. But what I found said it is used for people throughout Northeast England and not just Newcastle. But Ill go with you what you said!!

Either way, the guys you all posted pics of are pretty hot, well maybe not the first one posted!! HAHA. And Cheryl Cole is from there too so I assume you have lot of hot girls there too. Are women called Geordies too? Or maybe Geordettes? LOL May have to visit there someday.

There are a ton of different theories out there, and lot of them are very believable.

Sorry if there was any confusion I am not a Geordie, but one of my best friends is. I'm just a southern lady. And yes the women are Geordies too, and some of them I've seen are very beautiful.

From all the pictures I've seen it's a beautiful place, and they have a right to be proud.

Nightshade Part 1

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I had no idea Charlie Hunnam was a Geordie. Well there you go!

I'm actually from Durham, about 25miles south, but thats close enough but most peoples standards, plus I'm a Newcastle United supported, so I'll class myself as a Geordie thanks. ;)

Just to clear something up. The term Geordie has kinda been Hijacked by people from newcastle, it was origionally designated to all people with North East origins, that included Sunderland and County Durham too. Pahaha Dirty Mackems! (I'm kidding relax!)

It comes from the old mining days, when a fella called George (Stephenson... could be?) designed a mining lamp that was used throughout all of England, in the mining industry. It was used all over the country, until another fella, called "Davey", came along and designed another, better lamp, known as a Davey Lamp. The rest of Englands mining towns and cities decided to go with the newer more updated Davey lamp and scrap the Geordie lamp, except for the North East, who decided for whatever reason, that they preffered the older Geordie lamp, much to the astonishment of the rest of the country. From then on, North Eastern people, were reffered to, as GEORDIES.

Learn something new every day with me around haha.

Quote by Nikki703
Or maybe Geordettes?[/img]

Lmao, Geordettes! I like that. Might have to start using that ha smile

One a bit of a side note, one wierd thing I've noticed, is that in Game of Thrones, Liam Cunningham who plays Ser Davos, uses a geordie accent (and he's Irish too, which shows he is a awesome actor because it's a hard dialect to perfect). But he's the only one in the whole show who uses it, the rest are all Lancashire/Yorkshire/Manchester/Sheffield/Bristol types. It's nice to actually hear that british accent on TV for once! Instead of your usual Hugh Grant type or Cockney gangster.

The only other TV show notorious for having Geordies, would be Geordie Shore of course

Other famous people who I only just found out are Geordies would be, Bryan Johnson (Current lead singer of ACDC) Rowan Atkinson (MR Bean, BlackAdder, Johnny English) although he's clearly lost his accent, Alun Armstrong, actor in Braveheart, Les Miserables, Get Carter and many more, and Ridley Scott, who made the Alien and Promethius films.

Amazing what a bit of research can do
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by MadameMolly

Sorry if there was any confusion I am not a Geordie, but one of my best friends is. I'm just a southern lady. And yes the women are Geordies too, and some of them I've seen are very beautiful.

That's OK. I realized that after I posted. That's what I get for reading your profile after the fact. Told you I was a dumb Yank! HAHA

Quote by Archadia

Other famous people who I only just found out are Geordies would be, Bryan Johnson (Current lead singer of ACDC) Rowan Atkinson (MR Bean, BlackAdder, Johnny English) although he's clearly lost his accent, Alun Armstrong, actor in Braveheart, Les Miserables, Get Carter and many more, and Ridley Scott, who made the Alien and Promethius films.

If Brian Johnson is a Geordie, then Geordies are Very Cooll!! Actually he was in a band called Geordie before joining AC/DC. Never really gave a thought as to where the name came from! Now I know!! HAHA
Southern Charmer
0 likes
Quote by Archadia
I had no idea Charlie Hunnam was a Geordie. Well there you go!

Learn something new every day with me around haha.

One a bit of a side note, one wierd thing I've noticed, is that in Game of Thrones, Liam Cunningham who plays Ser Davos, uses a geordie accent (and he's Irish too, which shows he is a awesome actor because it's a hard dialect to perfect).

The only other TV show notorious for having Geordies, would be Geordie Shore of course

I quite enjoy learning something new everyday. I was thinking that Ser Davos sounded Geordie! My friend doesn't watch Game of Thrones so I never thought to ask him.

I will admit I secretly like the Geordie Shore.

There really are a ton of talented people from Newcastle.

Nightshade Part 1

Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I have been inoculated and have redirected my love to the Magpies. At least when they play like a team they do well on the field. I have to admit that I originally was interested in Yorkshire for family reasons but from a historical point of view Newcastle and much of Northumberland is so very interesting.
Time for a Brown Ale
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Not a Geordie lad, but I married a Geordie lass. Actually she's from a bit north of Tyneside and they don't really consider themselves Geordies, plus she's easier to understand. LOL
Southern Charmer
0 likes
Quote by about_average
Not a Geordie lad, but I married a Geordie lass. Actually she's from a bit north of Tyneside and they don't really consider themselves Geordies, plus she's easier to understand. LOL

I took it as a personal challenge, and I worked hard at that. I like listening to my friend talk, especially when he really gets going. I guess it's the same with me, I have a slight southern accent that gets stronger at certain times or if I'm talking to certain people.

Nightshade Part 1