Does she like me?

last reply
32 replies
3.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
There is this new girl at work who started a month ago, she's absolutely beautiful, and we only made very quick small talk introducing ourselves and that was it for a couple weeks.

2weeks later, we find ourselves close by and start talking during work. I randomly asked what she's doing tonight, and she explained she wanted to get a drink but her friend was bailing on her. I jumped in and asked if shed like to go with me instead since I'd also love a drink after work. She accepted. I got out of work an hour before her, she texted me to come get her when she was ready to leave. So I drove back picked her up and we decided to just hangout at my place instead of a busy bar. So we sat outside on the deck, each drank a couple beers, and we chatted and laughed all night. Very flirty and fun, I didn't over exert and hit on her, we were basically strangers a few hours before. I drop her off at home, then by the time I get home she texts me and asks if I got home okay, I reply and ask if she had a good time. She said yes she really did, then I asked if she'd be interested in hanging out again next week. She said yes! Fast forward a few weeks since then, she has used her busy excuses to flake on our planned next hangout as well as decline other offers since then.

However, she texts me everyday without me txting first. This morning I woke up and she sent me a text saying, look I haven't changed at all, and it was a pic attached to the text of her when she was like 5.

Does this girl like me? I'm playing it very slowly and cautiously. I barely txt her and do not hit on her in a sexual way, but I've called her beautiful a couple times. I'm very confused. Her backstory is she's in school and working 2 jobs, so she is very busy but still confuses me.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Doesn't sound too promising.

I wouldn't say you've been "friend-zoned", per se, but it sounds like you're on the way. Those texts you get may not be just for you - they could be all contact-all texts - social media 1990s style! I wouldn't read too much into them. If her life is that hectic she may not want a relationship with anyone right now. If she has to work with you then she'd should give serious thought before having casual sex with you.

The only way you'll actually know is to talk it out with her. Scary but it'll save you a hell of a lot of angst. Just don't be an asshole if what she says isn't to your liking.

Good luck
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Wild at Heart
0 likes
It was a bad move to ask her to hang out again the same night you first hung out. She really isn't sure what she's doing the next week and she's not gonna say no especially if you had just had a good time so you really don't know where you stand when you do that.

Her canceling but texting you may seem like mixed signals but maybe it's not. She does sound like a busy girl. She could be texting you because she really is busy and doesn't want to make you feel rejected. I guess it depends on what exactly she texts you. If she is flirty... You need to actually think of something fun to do rather than just hanging out at your house again or something like that. If she likes baseball games, or amusement parks or something like that you need to tell her you scored some tickets. Inviting her over to your house may may her think you're just trying to score. A dinner date might seem too formal and an obvious "I like you" kind of date. But if you can figure out a more exciting date to take her on and she's flirty like she was on the first time you hung out you need to just make a move. She'll either reject you and you can laugh it off or she'll be into it.

If she rejects you she just wanted to be friends and she'll slowly faze you out of her life unless you're cool and not an asshole to her for getting rejected. Remember you work with this girl so don't be that bitter dude.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Since this morning there's a few updates

I replied to her picture msg and was joking with her, and also complimented her, she received it well and flirty. Then I asked if she wanted to do anything tonight. She replied said she couldn't because she had to work. So I don't reply for a few hours and then I'm like soooo, I'll pick you up after your shift. She replies, asking what will we do? I told her since it's late we can just hangout over here again and do whatever she's comfortable with as long as we can chill n talk I'm happy. She replied, okay sounds good.

She's really confusing
Mazztastic
0 likes
Quote by Thehero7

I replied to her picture msg and was joking with her, and also complimented her, she received it well and flirty. Then I asked if she wanted to do anything tonight. She replied said she couldn't because she had to work. So I don't reply for a few hours and then I'm like soooo, I'll pick you up after your shift. She replies, asking what will we do? I told her since it's late we can just hangout over here again and do whatever she's comfortable with as long as we can chill n talk I'm happy. She replied, okay sounds good.

She's really confusing

Nooooo!! When you asked her if she wanted to hang out, she said that she couldn't - you should have said okay - to pick her up from work seems a bit needy to me... You are treading a very fine line here and (I think) are in serious danger of being friendzoned...

My advice would be to step back a bit, give her some space and see if she makes a move towards you...

Women (well, speaking from personal experience) do like a man who is attentive, but cross that line into overattentive and you are screwed - and I don't mean literally...
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Quote by Mazza

Nooooo!! When you asked her if she wanted to hang out, she said that she couldn't - you should have said okay - to pick her up from work seems a bit needy to me... You are treading a very fine line here and (I think) are in serious danger of being friendzoned...

My advice would be to step back a bit, give her some space and see if she makes a move towards you...

Women (well, speaking from personal experience) do like a man who is attentive, but cross that line into overattentive and you are screwed - and I don't mean literally...

I enjoy being persistent and I've made it clear I don't just wanna be friends, while at the same time not hitting on her sexually moving too fast.

It wasn't needy in my opinion. I replied hours later, in a joking way like so what I'll just pick you up after. She could have said noway or something, but instead she asked me what will we do. Then once I told her just hang out nothing special, she accepted.

Thanks for the reply, it's helpful, I'm just trying to explain myself and the situation as much as I can. This chick is so perfect lol I am playing a different game than usual trying to get with her. I'd like to date, not just a one night stand.
Lurker
0 likes
Well, it seems like she might be interested. However she might not be sure that you like her yet. I would really just focus on being friends still, but I wouldn't wait too long before hinting that you care for her.
Lurker
0 likes
Well, it seems like she might be interested. However she might not be sure that you like her yet. I would really just focus on being friends still, but I wouldn't wait too long before hinting that you care for her.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by Thehero7

She's really confusing

Bad move... Usually when people get out of work they want to go home and shower. You're gonna be hanging out with her when she's tired, feeling dirty and not looking her best. She will probably be stand offish if you attempt to check her oil.

Still, pretty curious about how it goes. Good luck dude.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
So things went a little haywire

I asked her about picking her up tonight, she replied that she felt crabby. So I was turned off and said alright time to bail lol. I told her alright it's cool, don't worry about it. Told her I liked her which is why I was trying to see her and that I'll just see her around at work and no hard feelings. She replied and said I would like to hangout but the week days are just bad for me since I have school every day. I'm done with school in a week, and then I won't be so stressed.

I didn't reply for a while she texted some more: don't take it personally. You wanna talk later? I replied and said sure, she's like okay cool smile call me around 10. Then it's 9:58 she texts and says she isn't home yet but she will call me. I don't reply

It's midnight now, no text or call since. Thinking this is a lost cause, but one thing remarkable is that she is confusing as hell.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Thehero7

I asked her about picking her up tonight, she replied that she felt crabby. So I was turned off and said alright time to bail lol. I told her alright it's cool, don't worry about it. Told her I liked her which is why I was trying to see her and that I'll just see her around at work and no hard feelings. She replied and said I would like to hangout but the week days are just bad for me since I have school every day. I'm done with school in a week, and then I won't be so stressed.

I didn't reply for a while she texted some more: don't take it personally. You wanna talk later? I replied and said sure, she's like okay cool smile call me around 10. Then it's 9:58 she texts and says she isn't home yet but she will call me. I don't reply

It's midnight now, no text or call since. Thinking this is a lost cause, but one thing remarkable is that she is confusing as hell.

I am no expert - but if she is done with school in a week... ask her now for a date after school ends... maybe best on a non-work day for her... and just stay low key until then... if she bails on that or that doesn't play out well... then move on... but if it does, all is good... I'd suggest it's worth a week or so to find out...
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Last night after my update on here I grew a little frustrated. I sent her a text at 1130, an hour and a half after she said she wanted to talk, my text read: are you alright?

No response until I went to sleep around 1am, then I wake up and there's a text from her at 4am saying: yeah, I called you.

My phone never went off, she never called. So she lied to me. Really pissed me off and I figured it as the last straw. Upon waking up I replied to her 4am lie and said: "yup, I'll just see you around at work. Don't worry about it, really". She replied back a face- :/

And that's that. No happy ending lol
Head Nurse
0 likes
Hi,

You sound really young, with all the expectations of the young.

You say she's in school and working, at what is a new job? That's a lot on her plate. No wonder she's not the best at responding. I can tell you some of the people I normally talked to regularly, haven't heard from me in ages due to school/work/time issues. Even my very best friend frequently feels neglected. I simply don't have the time or energy to get involved with things that aren't directly school/work. Ive been pursued by guys who don't respect the schedule I am on, and very few things can make me more annoyed, chase me away faster.

I've used the "I called" line when I really wanted to have some time to myself. You say you wanted to "hang out" after work. I can tell you as a working student, there are few things I'd like to do less then "hang out" after work with someone. For her to have entertained the idea even remotely suggests you have a chance with her- IF you haven't screwed it up by being a pushy douche.

Go back and read Felix's advice. A girl in school and work? you need to pique her interest, offer her something besides a chance to "hang out." I hear "hang out" and what that says to me is, "wasting time you should be studying." and go with the advice to make a date on a non work day once she is out of school.

Going to school and working is hard, and depending on her class load, it might be all consuming. Listen to her, she told you she was busy, and you kept pushing. Instead of enticing her with something she would like, you are chasing her with temper tantrums.

On the flipside, if I were her, I would not go out with someone who couldnt respect the fact that I am busy with school and work.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Quote by naughtynurse
Hi,

You sound really young, with all the expectations of the young.

You say she's in school and working, at what is a new job? That's a lot on her plate. No wonder she's not the best at responding. I can tell you some of the people I normally talked to regularly, haven't heard from me in ages due to school/work/time issues. Even my very best friend frequently feels neglected. I simply don't have the time or energy to get involved with things that aren't directly school/work. Ive been pursued by guys who don't respect the schedule I am on, and very few things can make me more annoyed, chase me away faster.

I've used the "I called" line when I really wanted to have some time to myself. You say you wanted to "hang out" after work. I can tell you as a working student, there are few things I'd like to do less then "hang out" after work with someone. For her to have entertained the idea even remotely suggests you have a chance with her- IF you haven't screwed it up by being a pushy douche.

Go back and read Felix's advice. A girl in school and work? you need to pique her interest, offer her something besides a chance to "hang out." I hear "hang out" and what that says to me is, "wasting time you should be studying." and go with the advice to make a date on a non work day once she is out of school.

Going to school and working is hard, and depending on her class load, it might be all consuming. Listen to her, she told you she was busy, and you kept pushing. Instead of enticing her with something she would like, you are chasing her with temper tantrums.

On the flipside, if I were her, I would not go out with someone who couldnt respect the fact that I am busy with school and work.

I've given you guys 100% details. Where did I display my frustration to her, "temper tantrum"? I kept it to myself. I acknowledge she's busy but it isn't enough to make me not try.

I don't chase her. She texts me first, and as the man I try to get us doing something and not just texting all day. So I flirty text a bit, but quickly get to the point of trying to spend time with her.

If anything it's just bad timing. I mean Im frustrated but I don't hate her or anything.
Head Nurse
0 likes
Whatever dude.

You've been offered good advice in this thread by several people. I suggest you go back and reread it, in its entirety. But you won't. Carry on.
0 likes
Quote by Thehero7
Last night after my update on here I grew a little frustrated. I sent her a text at 1130, an hour and a half after she said she wanted to talk, my text read: are you alright?

No response until I went to sleep around 1am, then I wake up and there's a text from her at 4am saying: yeah, I called you.

My phone never went off, she never called. So she lied to me. Really pissed me off and I figured it as the last straw. Upon waking up I replied to her 4am lie and said: "yup, I'll just see you around at work. Don't worry about it, really". She replied back a face- :/

And that's that. No happy ending lol

Seriously? You think she lied to you? Maybe she dialed the wrong number? Maybe you didn't hear the phone ring? I don't know...you've known this girl what, a whopping month? You're not dating her, you're not offering her anything but anger, IMHO she's better off without you.
Want to spend some time wallowing in a Recommended Read? Pick one! Or two! Or seven!

Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by Thehero7

I've given you guys 100% details. Where did I display my frustration to her, "temper tantrum"? I kept it to myself. I acknowledge she's busy but it isn't enough to make me not try.

I don't chase her. She texts me first, and as the man I try to get us doing something and not just texting all day. So I flirty text a bit, but quickly get to the point of trying to spend time with her.

If anything it's just bad timing. I mean Im frustrated but I don't hate her or anything.

Quote by Thehero7

You really fucked it up. All you had to do was wait a week until she was free from her school obligations... All this "so I don't reply" bullshit doesn't make her think you're cool in her mind. It makes her think you are all butthurt. You're not even dating her yet and you're already acting like a lil bitch. Sounds like she was interested in you but your immature game playing fucked that up.
Mazztastic
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix

You really fucked it up. All you had to do was wait a week until she was free from her school obligations... All this "so I don't reply" bullshit doesn't make her think you're cool in her mind. It makes her think you are all butthurt. You're not even dating her yet and you're already acting like a lil bitch. Sounds like she was interested in you but your immature game playing fucked that up.

MF has it nailed... And NN got it spot on too!!

At least you can move on, learn and (hopefully) do it better next time...
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
I think she's maybe marginally interested - kind of like on the fence or as a low-grade 'maybe. This is what happens when a girl is hot-and-cold and seems interested and upbeat one minute but then cancels and withdraws and then does the 'maybe when I'm less crabby, working less, have my head together blah blah' excuses to put you off.

You will notice a marked difference between casual texting/phone-calls vs actually going on a date or spending time with them one-on-one. They're happy to keep up the former, because it's low-maintenance - but until they feel strongly one way or another, they'll put off the actual dating. Not to mention you work together, so she's more likely going to want to play it low key until she knows for sure whether it's worth getting involved.

So, yeah, you're friend-zoned but there's a casual 'maybe' hanging over your head. That's what she's trying to tell herself. In reality, that maybe will never blossom into a full on "let's for it"... unless you're both drunk one night and/or you catch her coming off a really bad ego-shattering break-up.

If she *really* likes you, she will make the time in her schedule - that goes for both sexes. If it's too much work right from the start, it sounds like at least one person is still ambivalent about the whole thing.

I used to do this stuff all the time. I was really annoying for some guys to try to date.
Lurker
0 likes
Some people are gonna do what they are gonna do regardless.
Chat Moderator
0 likes
I will try to keep this simple... Tons of great advice up there if you choose to listen to it...

My advice??... Stop thinking! Just do... If you want to text her, text her... Dont play the waiting to text back game... Or any game for that matter... If she is texting you first everyday, gonna make her think she is unimportant...

Again, stop thinking!!... just do what feels right to you without thinking...... She will either like you for it or not... One way or the other, you find out the truth...
characterized by intense feeling; passionate; fervent

Intensely devoted, eager, or enthusiastic; zealous

vehement; fierce burning, fiery, or hot
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I cant say without knowing her personality and all the intimate little details, but I can say, having been in similar positions myself in the past some girls just like the attention of someone chasing them. They will lead you on a little, the moment you pursue them they back off. You stop showing interest suddenly they are flirty and all friendly again.. process repeats. Just a thought.

If I were you I would stop chasing, talk to her when you see her around, text her when she texts you, flirt if the moment feels right, but stop throwing invitations at her. At least then you will see if she tries that little bit harder to spend time with you or not and you might get a sense for her intentions.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
So much aggression in here for no reason.

I don't see how I fucked it up. If anything, she did. I tried and she ditched me numerous times, so rightfully so I act stand offish and let her know to forget about the whole thing. Her response was she was upset, the :/ face.

I'm not playing games, there's a certain etiquette involved when meeting new girls though.

On to the next one.

I'm new here, but I've read sex stories for years. I used to go to *edited by moderator* then that site began to suck and I started reading lush stories. They rock! Then I found the forum, man this place is awesome. I plan to frequent this relationship advice place for insight from a girls perspective and my fellow dudes, so please don't write me off right away with this first thread. I like it here smile thanks for the advice, and some of the unwarranted hate.
Mazztastic
0 likes
Quote by Thehero7
So much aggression in here for no reason.

I don't see how I fucked it up. If anything, she did. I tried and she ditched me numerous times, so rightfully so I act stand offish and let her know to forget about the whole thing. Her response was she was upset, the :/ face.

I'm not playing games, there's a certain etiquette involved when meeting new girls though.

On to the next one.

I'm new here, but I've read sex stories for years. I used to go to *edited by moderator* then that site began to suck and I started reading lush stories. They rock! Then I found the forum, man this place is awesome. I plan to frequent this relationship advice place for insight from a girls perspective and my fellow dudes, so please don't write me off right away with this first thread. I like it here smile thanks for the advice, and some of the unwarranted hate.

Glad you're enjoying the forums and Lush... (you should choose yourself an interesting AV and fill out your bio so that people can learn a bit more about you)

In fairness to the other posters, I didn't see any "hate" in the thread - people didn't sugarcoat their responses, but that's the nature of the forums. Would you rather they all agreed with you and gave bland responses that really weren't much help at all? What would be the point of that?

They called you out on some things, they poked a little fun but they gave you some damned good advice. These are people who have experience in such matters, which I do believe is what you were after...

Peace
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
So as I left it, the last text I got from her was a :/ upset face after telling her to just forget about this stuff and no hard feelings which was Tuesday night. Yesterday I wake up, go throughout my day normally and then at 9:45pm I get a text from her. It's another stupid pic of herself when she was a little girl, and the message reads: "see I told you I haven't changed".

Literally have no idea what that's supposed to mean. Last time she did this we were cool and I went with it and joked n flirted over her pic. I haven't responded yet though, don't think I will. But what's the deal? Why send me weird younger version pics of yourself?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Attention seeking, she wants you to talk about her. She likes people to comment on her, specifically her looks and this is supposed to bait you into that conversation. Or as they said in a previous post its a mass text sent to everyone on her contacts for the same reason as I just said.

Personally Id not reply to it and see what the next one says.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by Thehero7
So as I left it, the last text I got from her was a :/ upset face after telling her to just forget about this stuff and no hard feelings which was Tuesday night. Yesterday I wake up, go throughout my day normally and then at 9:45pm I get a text from her. It's another stupid pic of herself when she was a little girl, and the message reads: "see I told you I haven't changed".

Literally have no idea what that's supposed to mean. Last time she did this we were cool and I went with it and joked n flirted over her pic. I haven't responded yet though, don't think I will. But what's the deal? Why send me weird younger version pics of yourself?

Send her a dick pic.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Thehero7

maybe that's her trying to get you talk to her again. Girls are confusing its what we do. We like to be chased not do the chasing. So what she was busy with school and two jobs. If she's out of school do what everyone else is saying and try getting together with her now on a day off. Or just ask her straight out if she likes or is interested in you in that way. Don't play the waiting around game. Just ask her so you can get over this and move on. And listen to what everyone else is saying.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix

Send her a dick pic.

dont do this it will not end well
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix

Send her a dick pic.

Imbecilic remark