last reply
132 replies
9.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Did it?

Mine definitely didn't. When I was a kid I wanted to be a professor. I didn't know what kind, just a professor, because my friend's grandad was one and I thought it sounded amazing.

Then, when I was at school I thought I'd be an architect.

And now I'm an accountant.

Didn't see it coming at all.

How about you?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Let's see. Did it? Expected as of what point in my life? My life has turned our as it did because of decisions I made or didn't make. I have out myself in my current state of affairs. If it didn't turn out as expected that's my fault.

On a lighter note, I wanted to move a marine biologist growing up. I am not that but I sure wish I had followed my dreams no matter what. Younger self....are you listening?

In life and love, I wish I would have not settled for the"safe" life. I latched on to the man who raised me up and helped me escape my family life. Never had the passion and the passion never came. I need hot, steamy, earth shaking, mind altering passion. Sigh

All that said my life probably turned out, thus far, better than expected. Definitely better than I thought I deserved.

*******************************************************************************************

Our lives are defined by opportunities, even the ones we miss.
F. Scott Fitzgerald
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Well no. I would like to have the chance to go back and change some things, but I make a good living and have a great family. At 48 years old I can say that my body has a lot of wear & tear from work that a college degree could have prevented. Life is what you make of it though so I can't complain so much.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Not even close. If I could do it all over again,I think I would choose not to. It's been hell & I wouldn't want to go through it again.
Lurker
0 likes
Not at all. My life is nothing like I expected, but I like it the way it is. Small things that didn't seem important turned out to be the biggest opportunities I had: to grow, to travel, to make friends, to start a career. It has been very hard at times, but I wouldn't change it. I'm happy and very proud of what I've achived.
Lurker
0 likes
No not even close. Married for what seems like forever. Mortgage, utilitys, bills,bills and more bills. Lol. I thought i was gunna be a lady who lunched n didnt have to work. Ohhhh how wrong l was. Happy?? Kinda getting there xx
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
No way.
As a teen I was promiscuous and many believed headed for a depreved life. I was saved by a teacher (at a boarding school) who began a lesbian existance with me. Its a long story but I survived as a far better person. I can hold my head high in society but with the insatiable desire to enjoy bi-sexual relationships - and I do, and very few people outside my intimate associations would ever be aware. of it. I now have a very good job and 5 wonderful friends with whom we share the benefits of a very satisfying association. Unless you were close to me you would never realise that I lead a really Jeckyl and Hyde existance.
In my profession I am a leader and highly respected. In my bedroom - well lets say I enjoy bedtime olympics.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by Meggsy
No way.
As a teen I was promiscuous and many believed headed for a depreved life. I was saved by a teacher (at a boarding school) who began a lesbian existance with me. Its a long story but I survived a much better person in society but with the insatiable desire to enjoy a bi-sexual relationship - and I do. I now have a very good job and 5 wonderful friends with whom we share the benefits of a very satisfying association.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix

Gosh, no.

I didn’t realize I even liked art at all until a couple of years ago.

When I was younger I always wanted to be a paleontologist for whatever reason. I was an odd kid.

I can’t complain, my life has been semi-decent thus far.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Really not sure what I expected. I have had my ups and downs but I kind of like where I am now so I guess maybe it did.
Lurker
0 likes
Today I turned 21, so I can't sit here an argue that I've had much of a life.
To be honest so far it's gone better than I expected, but worse than I hoped for.
I've survived things I shouldn't have and for that I'll always be grateful and especially to those people who saved my life. I'm a student. A pupil. A learner. And I have been since I was six. It's all I know. I'll go through college - as expected.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Not at all what I expected but I am happy about that. Everytime my life has changed and I think I like where I am, something has happened and I move forward and I like it just as well.
Lurker
0 likes
I'm 27 so I'm not quite sure. I know I always wanted to be a ballerina; there's only one ballerina in each company, the rest are ballet dancers. I danced ballet as a kid and later in college for a short while, but nothing ever came of it. I grew up thinking I was going to become a writer. I got my BA in English; Creative Writing. I still write, but never have been published. I was double majoring English with Psychology, so I'll either go back to pursue my Psychology degree and become a therapist or Nursing College and become a Nurse Practitioner.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
i wanted to be a professional basketball players. damn you mom and dad for giving me crap DNA!

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Rookie Scribe
0 likes
No, I thought I married for love and he turned out to be a total asshole!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yes. I am fairly deliberate and plan ahead.

The odd diversion here and there but nothing out of the ordinary.
{allba115-feed-5eed-facedeadbeef}
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by sprite
i wanted to be a professional basketball players. damn you mom and dad for giving me crap DNA!

Nice one!

I wanted to go to art college but didn't worry about study so didn't make it there. Went through high school doing accounting type courses and failed all my exams but have been working in an office for 34 years now...
"Hey, don't knock masturbation! It's sex with someone I love." Woody Allen

"I am willing to admit that I may not always be right, but I am never wrong." Samuel Goldwyn
Lurker
0 likes
Well let me see......check back with me in lets see about 30-40 years time an i'll tell you as i'm still currently working on it ;)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
No it didn't, thought that when I got married the first name I would stay married til I died, now I'm on my second marriage and I know I won't be married to him til I die...All I want is to lead a happy fulfilling life...
Lurker
0 likes
Whose does? Like Secretspice I thought when I married I had married for life. Wrong. I thought that if I had a career I would be a writer, philosopher, or something like that. Wrong, instead I was a homemaker and now I live in a world of teaching and of finance. I thought I would have a houseful of children. Wrong, I just have one -- but she is the apple of my eye and the pride of my life. I thought I would be a one-man woman. Wrong!!! This was the case until nearly five years ago, but since then this has changed. When I was young I promised myself I would never be the sort of clothes horse my mother became. Wrong again. My clothes give me the greatest pleasures in life. I could go on... but I suspect although all the details of our lives will be different most of us find ourselves wandering through life along very different paths, perhaps as Robert Frost put it, having taken the road less traveled.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I never really planned anyhing but I'm happy with the ways things have turned out. One or two aspects id like to have changed but there's still time for that. As for others there's no point worrying about them they are what they are.
Senior Analyst
0 likes
Not even close. I have been sleeping in the same bed, on the same side of the bed, next to the same woman, in the same house, for 37 years. When I was young, I thought my life would be a lot wilder, more Bohemian, than it's been. OTOH, I've been crazy dopey happy for decades, so I'm not complaining.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Oh it most certainly did not. It's been an adventure to say the least. Would I change anything? Perhaps, but the choices we make determine how our life will unfold so I probably wouldn't change too much. I'm happy the way things have turned out.
The universe is unfolding as it should.
Lurker
0 likes
parts yes....other parts not at all
Lurker
0 likes
I am sitting in the middle of desert in central Asia reading the Lush forum. So the answer is definitely turned out how I planned. ;)
Lurker
0 likes
it's never too late to do what you want
Lurker
0 likes
In a word, NO. But would I change it. Some of it definately, other parts no way. You get dealt the cards and it's what you choose to play with them. I should have twisted a few more times!! But as people have said, life is what you make it.