last reply
85 replies
7.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Hello,

I am interested in learning several potential reasons as to why men cheat. I am not asking if you have every done this, just need several male responses for ideas.

Thanks,

Sharon
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
They are bored. Others are selfish. Some don't put in the works. Some fee lthe more women's pants they can get in the more of a stud they are. I think one of the main reasons is the same reason we don't have the same meals every day for breakfast, lunch and dinner. People get bored or in a rut and often tend to stay there till it's too late.
Devil's Advocate
0 likes
Anger or revenge - he might want to get back at his partner for some reason, whether she's cheated herself or massively pissed him off some other way. It's anywhere on the spectrum from getting even to hurting her, whether he tells her about it or not. The spiteful I'll-sho-you fuck.

Break up strategy - some men are absolute pussies and don't have the balls to tell their partner how they feel, and that they're not happy in the relationship. By getting themselves caught balls deep in someone else, they're getting their partner to break up with them. Stupid, I know, but they somehow rationalise it as sparing the woman's feelings. Her anger will hide her heartbreak, so he thinks he's off the hook.

Low self esteem - men who lack confidence or who are otherwise emasculated by their partner may seek a bit of fluff on the side to make themselves feel better, powerful, more like a man, etc. Me Tarzan, you Jane and so forth.

Good old fashion sex - If he's not getting what he wants at home, he might look elsewhere. That's anything from just plain old sex in general to the kinky shit he's too embarrassed/afraid to ask for. Hey Honey, how about we try pissing on each other tonight...?

Intimacy - some men may be in a loveless relationship, with no intimacy or affection, like a wife who always shrugs them away when they try to touch her, however clumsily, or who doesn't listen or care about what's important to him. Someone else who gives him that attention suddenly becomes very attractive. It's a cross between the low self esteem and sex reasons above.

Impaired judgement - you know, drunk, high, just plain fucking stupid. Enough said.

Psycho - some guys have a pathological need to get into as much ass as they possibly can. There's nothing they can do about it. You can dig deeper, I suppose, and explore things like misogyny etc, but either way, they're just messed up.

Opportunity - sometimes all a guy needs is the time, place and someone willing to shag him. Deep down, we're simple creatures, and pussy's pussy.
My latest story is a racy little piece about what happens when someone cute from work invites you over to watch Netflix and Chill.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Wilful
Anger or revenge - he might want to get back at his partner for some reason, whether she's cheated herself or massively pissed him off some other way. It's anywhere on the spectrum from getting even to hurting her, whether he tells her about it or not. The spiteful I'll-sho-you fuck.

Break up strategy - some men are absolute pussies and don't have the balls to tell their partner how they feel, and that they're not happy in the relationship. By getting themselves caught balls deep in someone else, they're getting their partner to break up with them. Stupid, I know, but they somehow rationalise it as sparing the woman's feelings. Her anger will hide her heartbreak, so he thinks he's off the hook.

Low self esteem - men who lack confidence or who are otherwise emasculated by their partner may seek a bit of fluff on the side to make themselves feel better, powerful, more like a man, etc. Me Tarzan, you Jane and so forth.

Good old fashion sex - If he's not getting what he wants at home, he might look elsewhere. That's anything from just plain old sex in general to the kinky shit he's too embarrassed/afraid to ask for. Hey Honey, how about we try pissing on each other tonight...?

Intimacy - some men may be in a loveless relationship, with no intimacy or affection, like a wife who always shrugs them away when they try to touch her, however clumsily, or who doesn't listen or care about what's important to him. Someone else who gives him that attention suddenly becomes very attractive. It's a cross between the low self esteem and sex reasons above.

Impaired judgement - you know, drunk, high, just plain fucking stupid. Enough said.

Psycho - some guys have a pathological need to get into as much ass as they possibly can. There's nothing they can do about it. You can dig deeper, I suppose, and explore things like misogyny etc, but either way, they're just messed up.

Opportunity - sometimes all a guy needs is the time, place and someone willing to shag him. Deep down, we're simple creatures, and pussy's pussy.

Wouldn't all of these be some of the same reasons for the women who cheat?
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
Quote by doctorlove
Wouldn't all of these be some of the same reasons for the women who cheat?

What I thought as well.

Another one might be wanting something one 'can not have'. But again, that's not different for women who cheat I guess.

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Lurker
0 likes
I don't buy the revenge thing. If he was that hurt he would end it altogether. I wouldn't ever cheat on anybody and a man shouldn't either. If you're not happy with what you're getting, get out and do your thing. There's no reason to be going behind someone's back.
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
Quote by SITTING
I wouldn't ever cheat on anybody and a man shouldn't either. If you're not happy with what you're getting, get out and do your thing. There's no reason to be going behind someone's back.

I totally agree, but that's not the question.

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Wilful

Excellent commentary In My Most Humble Opinion....especially the highlighted part.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Can only say why I cheat. Before I was married my now wife wanted sex all of the time. After we finished our family the sex lessened and the stopped. A guy can only masturbate for so long. He needs to feel the flesh of another human being.

Me I went to hookers, had affairs with married women and single gay guys as well as a swingers party. I prefer sex this way as i do not have to commit mentally or physically with another person
Lurker
0 likes
There are many reasons men cheat but I think primary reason is because they can. From personal experiences I would say Opportunity presents itself and the feeling of conquest is intoxicating. Men usually mature with age however and learn the benefits of a faithful relationship.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
One reason men cheat is they are looking for the sensation you get when you meet and form a new personal relationship; they need a confirmation that they can still attract the opposite sex it's an ego boosting trip for the insecure. By the way I don't mean this is the only reason but it is a very common one and such people have verified this to me.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Sometimes it can be the thrill of the chase or if it is handed to them on a plate it's easy. However, often the reasons are emotional as they feel they are not getting the attention they used to as their partner is too busy, too tired of whatever for sex and the rejection is terrible so they seek affirmation else where.

Just as us women want to be be wanted, desired and appreciated, it works for men too the problem is nobody ever gets to think about that side of things!
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
the idea that men cheat what about the idea that women cheat as well why do men cheat same reason that women cheat its not black and white here there is no text book on why its done .
Lurker
0 likes
I think some people (men and women) simply cannot be monogamous - or maybe better put, they have a difficult time with being monogamous. Despite whatever oath or promise they may make, they are not wired to resist urges.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by NaughtyNurse3839
Hello,

I am interested in learning several potential reasons as to why men cheat. I am not asking if you have every done this, just need several male responses for ideas.

Thanks,

Sharon

Women cheat too....just sayin.

That being said i am sure the reasons are endless. Some men have super high libido, and just need to have sex all the time regardless of their relationship status. Also, could be they are not getting what they want or need from their partner at home.
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Quote by Wilful

Wilful pretty much covered the whole subject; I can't think of a better response. And yes, in my opinion the exact same applies to women.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I think everyone cheats in their mind. Actually doing so is a common occurrence. The problem is that it is defined by the "ownership" thing. But no one owns any other person and shouldn't want to. That's servitude. People make compacts and I think most try to keep them. There seems little sense in feeling aggrieved over some casual sexual liaison between two other people that (quite naturally) excludes oneself. You're with someone because you want to be with them. Isn't that enough? A couple relationship of genuine value should be robust enough to withstand what is still, incomprehensibly, defined as "straying".
Ambrose
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Some guys just love the 'challenge' of a new conquer....we always seem to want what we can't have...and never tell a guy he 'can't' do or have something!
Solarmeatman
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Possibly for many of the same reasons women do.

Statistics do tend to show however, that the probability of men doing this is higher.

There is also a statistic about how frequently men have thoughts about sex and I think there is a correlation.
{allba115-feed-5eed-facedeadbeef}
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
In my opinion it stems from the attention they receive or not receive from the wife or girlfriend. When you are neglected and you ego gets stroked (no pun intended) by another it will lead to cheating. In other words men like attention.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Sometimes I think it is not that they can, but rather to PROVE that they can. A cheater (in my opinion) has no scruples or conscience.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by beowulf69
Not all men cheat! But for every man cheating, there is a woman willing to cheat with him. Why is that?

Good point.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Because we have a brain and a penis, but only enough blood supply for one organ at a time!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
There are a variety of reasons why a guy will cheat but I'd say the main reason is that he's not getting enough from his girlfriend and he knows there is some other girl or girls that are willing to fuck him.

If you look at animal biology, whereas women are designed to be selective about who they mate with as the workload for them reproducing is higher i.e only being able to get pregnant during specific times of a month, then developing a child for 9 months, then giving birth and raising it, men are programmed to have sex with as many women as they can to spread their cum around to increase their chances of producing offspring.

It's true when they say, men only have two emotions, horny and hungry. If the guy is horny and isn't getting it off his girlfriend, as soon as he's out and another girl makes an open interest in fucking him, the guy is going to make it happen.

The horrible thing for you girls is, if he thinks he won't get caught, he'll do it again and again with no remorse or regret.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I think the Caveman gene is fading. It's true that men cheat - but more and more women do too. Sex is recreational as well as procreational. It's probably time we all got used to that factor. And redefined "cheating" too.
Ambrose
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by SamHarper
Because we have a brain and a penis, but only enough blood supply for one organ at a time!

Think you have got it in one!!!

But then, why do women get the urge to cheat...because the men are so ready and willing?
[
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The elephant in the room is biology. Plain and simple. We are mammals and this behavior goes way, way back.

To understand you need to look at the genetic payoff. A man who has multiple partners gets an increase in genetic contribution to the next generation that is almost linear to the number of partners.The most genetically successful males (both human and our ancestors) were the ones that were quickly ready to go when encountering a suitable female. A woman, by contrast, has much less to gain. Her number of offspring are not related to the number of partners, but to more fixed limitations like lifetime and health.

The majority of males in our ancestry are ones spread their genes as widely as possible.

Our emotions are molded by this. That is why the idea of sex with a stranger is very attractive to many men (it's a strategy that increases success) while most women want to 'get to know' someone before sex (also a strategy, tuned to select partners that will be reliable in the long term).

When men cheat, and when women cheat, there are often very different psychological reasons at work.
Lurker
0 likes
On both sides, one has to keep things fresh and exciting. People want to feel like they are needed and hear that they are attractive. Once things get routine and banal, then I believe folks lean toward cheating.