Looking for new Friends :)

last reply
45 replies
4.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Hi, thanks for checking this post out. Im looking for more people to chat with. I enjoy about different topics and if it gets to role play id be happy to engage. I'm very honest in my chats and experiences i don't exaggerate any details. If you interested swing on by and send me a message.
Site administrator
0 likes
Have you tried the chat rooms? I ask since I dont recognise your name and I frequent them just a little bit.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
nice meeting you...and as john said you been on the site for awhile and i do not recognize you either. but its nice to meet you, drop by chat some time smile
my newest :)
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Thanks, i have gone into chat a few times, not easy getting to a real conversation but ill keep trying, thank you smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have tried the chat rooms here and I find them Uncomfortable for some reason. I have better conversations at alt.com.I'M not putting down lush I'M just saying sometimes the shoe fits & sometimes it doesn't.
Site administrator
0 likes
Quote by OldDog_BlackHeart
I have tried the chat rooms here and I find them Uncomfortable for some reason. I have better conversations at alt.com.I'M not putting down lush I'M just saying sometimes the shoe fits & sometimes it doesn't.

I think many feel the same way when they first use the rooms. I would encourage you to persevere and like almost everyone who joins the rooms I bet you will enjoy yourself in them in time smile.
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes

Yes. There are many things I enjoy about Lush, but when I go into the chat rooms it seems like everyone is speaking in code smile. Not saying anything derogatory about the chat rooms, just that they can be pretty intimidating at first.

As far as the original post, about meeting new friends, I just browse profiles (often following the link from the forums if they say something interesting or funny) and if they seem like-minded, I just send them a friend request. I always include something I liked about their profile just to show them I frikkin read it.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Always
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by simplyjohn

I think many feel the same way when they first use the rooms. I would encourage you to persevere and like almost everyone who joins the rooms I bet you will enjoy yourself in them in time smile.

One of the problems with the chat rooms here is there are too few and the subject matter isn't appealing to me. You can create A room but as soon as your no longer there to moderate it dissipates.
Alt on the other hand has rooms for different countries all over the world, so they can speak in their own language's, Then separate rooms by category, like BDSM Gay, Lesbian, Trans/ CD, Polyamory. voyeurism, etc. I have heard people here ask why there isn't a Gender exchange room here? The answer is always the same create one. as I said that doesn't work.(That which is created becomes deleted) So I go with what I know.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by simplyjohn

One of the problems with the chat rooms here is there are too few and the subject matter isn't appealing to me. You can create A room but as soon as your no longer there to moderate it dissipates.
Alt on the other hand has rooms for different countries all over the world, so they can speak in their own language's, Then separate rooms by category, like BDSM Gay, Lesbian, Trans/ CD, Poly moray. voyeurism, etc. I have heard people here ask why there isn't a Gender exchange room here? The answer is always the same create one. as I said that doesn't work.(That which is created becomes deleted) So I go with what I know.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by simplyjohn

Alt on the other hand has rooms for different countries all over the world, so they can speak in their own language's, Then separate rooms by category, like BDSM Gay, Lesbian, Trans/ CD, Poly moray. voyeurism, etc. I have heard people here ask why there isn't a Gender exchange room here? The answer is always the same create one. as I said that doesn't work.(That which is created becomes deleted) So I go with what I know.
Site administrator
0 likes

We have a BDSM room, a room for ladies and a room for men (albeit ladies can enter but its not common). The lounge is for general chit chat and well the bedroom speaks for itself. In addition there is always one room focused on pictures/videos. Member created rooms only collapse/get deleted when they become empty. I know nothing of the other site you mention but here, in my view, if we tried to create more rooms with specific themes they would not be well populated and thus the experience would be negatively impacted. Having said all this everyone at times uses the bedroom and the range of conversations is diverse including those that you would more expect in the first three rooms I mention.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by simplyjohn

We have a BDSM room, a room for ladies and a room for men (albeit ladies can enter but its not common). The lounge is for general chit chat and well the bedroom speaks for itself. In addition there is always one room focused on pictures/videos. Member created rooms only collapse/get deleted when they become empty. I know nothing of the other site you mention but here, in my view, if we tried to create more rooms with specific themes they would not be well populated and thus the experience would be negatively impacted. Having said all this everyone at times uses the bedroom and the range of conversations is diverse including those that you would more expect in the first three rooms I mention.

OK your not getting it. So lets look at the LGBT aspect of it. First theres the lesbian room. I'M not sure what goes on in there as I'M not permitted in there.They have the same thing at alt. I will go out on A limb & say it's the same. Then theres the Mens room, I don't why they call it that ,theres no plumbing in there. What is in there is Gay men mostly looking for cyber sex. So you should just call it the Gay room.At alt they call it the Steel Mill.( not sure why) lets face it most CD, Transsexual, Trans Gender & Transvestite's consider themselves in A class of their own. Hanging out in the mens room is uncomfortable, because they view themselves as women. That's why at alt there is the Gender Exchange, for CD,TV, TS, TG & their admirers. Just like many Gay Bars now have A third bathroom. The chat circuit should have the same as A courtesy. However Lush must feel that this group is insignificant. So they extend no courtesy to them.Your Excuse of not enough room to add 1 more I'M sorry to say, I think is pure
I believe it to be A matter of apathy bordering on even prejudice perhaps. At any rate if you can't provide the desired menu then theres no point in patronizing your establishment. Does that explain it any better? Let me just add 1 more thing I dislike being blunt or insulting. I like to let people down gently so as not to hurt their feelings. However some people are just so persistent, you have no other choice than to come out & say, No it's not raining your urinating on my leg.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

OK your not getting it. So lets look at the LGBT aspect of it. First theres the lesbian room. I'M not sure what goes on in there as I'M not permitted in there.They have the same thing at alt. I will go out on A limb & say it's the same. Then theres the Mens room, I don't why they call it that ,theres no plumbing in there. What is in there is Gay men mostly looking for cyber sex. So you should just call it the Gay room.At alt they call it the Steel Mill.( not sure why) lets face it most CD, Transsexual, Trans Gender & Transvestite's consider themselves in A class of their own. Hanging out in the mens room is uncomfortable, because they view themselves as women. That's why at alt there is the Gender Exchange, for CD,TV, TS, TG & their admirers. Just like many Gay Bars now have A third bathroom. The chat circuit should have the same as A courtesy. However Lush must feel that this group is insignificant. So they extend no courtesy to them.Your Excuse of not enough room to add 1 more I'M sorry to say, I think is pure
I believe it to be A matter of apathy bordering on even prejudice perhaps. At any rate if you can't provide the desired menu then theres no point in patronizing your establishment. Does that explain it any better? Let me just add 1 more thing I dislike being blunt or insulting. I like to let people down gently so as not to hurt their feelings. However some people are just so persistent, you have no other choice than to come out & say, No it's not raining your urinating on my leg.

I've argued this point in another thread but all to no avail. There is a need for a room but nobody seems to care.
Here's the thing, many of the crossdressers are STRAIGHT! Why must they go in the Men's Room for a chat about make up, heels, clothes etc.
I've been a member for over a year, not that long I'll admit, yet I've never seen a single person in Lush Gallery, why not change that one.
I also caused quite a furor when I wanted the Men's Room to be men only. The only reason I backed down was because some guys designated their gender as female. If they had their own room then I would like that to be instigated. One of the reasons I avoid the Men's Room.
Site administrator
0 likes
Quote by dpw

I've argued this point in another thread but all to no avail. There is a need for a room but nobody seems to care.
Here's the thing, many of the crossdressers are STRAIGHT! Why must they go in the Men's Room for a chat about make up, heels, clothes etc.
I've been a member for over a year, not that long I'll admit, yet I've never seen a single person in Lush Gallery, why not change that one.
I also caused quite a furor when I wanted the Men's Room to be men only. The only reason I backed down was because some guys designated their gender as female. If they had their own room then I would like that to be instigated. One of the reasons I avoid the Men's Room.

Can I ask. I didnt see your thread you mention but assuming you were trying to rally support/interest for 'another room' did you get any?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by simplyjohn

Can I ask. I didnt see your thread you mention but assuming you were trying to rally support/interest for 'another room' did you get any?

More than go into Lush Gallery, lol.
Is it just a question of support? Why can't we propose something for some "silent" members, simply because it would of benefit to them?
Isn't it possible to be proactive rather than just be reactive?
I rest my case M'Lud.
Site administrator
0 likes
M'Lud skunky please!! lol

I think you know what I am going to suggest and that is state a case for the room you desire, and at least one other member it would appear without further evidence, into the improvements/enhancements thread. Really that thread is scrutinised by the site owner/Gav and all suggestions are given due/appropriate consideration.

By the way I use the Gallery sometimes when I want to talk to myself .. yes ok its an age thing I know.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by simplyjohn
M'Lud skunky please!! lol

I think you know what I am going to suggest and that is state a case for the room you desire, and at least one other member it would appear without further evidence, into the improvements/enhancements thread. Really that thread is scrutinised by the site owner/Gav and all suggestions are given due/appropriate consideration.

By the way I use the Gallery sometimes when I want to talk to myself .. yes ok its an age thing I know.

If you look down on the list of topics here, there's a thread "Crossdressers" that I started last November.
I'll make a thread about it but I think I'll be told "make a poll", like the last time.
Anyway, thanks John.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
you DO know you can make a room, right?

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by sprite
you DO know you can make a room, right?

Read farther back we have discussed this. Besides I believe the point of the create A room thing is no more than A brush off. I believe what Lush is doing is taking 4 factions LGBT & reducing it to just 2 L/G You have to be 1 or the other. I believe they have what I call, An Apathetic Attitude.Because moderating such A room would be A task they don't want to deal with.
Site administrator
0 likes
With all due respect I think you are being somewhat negative and unreasonable. Its takes less than 1 minute to create a room and you cant be bothered to take that time to introduce what it is you say you and others want?. Other people create rooms with specific themes, e.g. small breasts, panties, cum shots, bbw etc. etc. and these rooms can be very popular.

Your comment about not wanting to moderate the room is simply untrue. Chat room moderators are here to enforce the site rules; the theme of the rooms that are moderated is not relevant to that task.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Read farther back we have discussed this. Besides I believe the point of the create A room thing is no more than A brush off. I believe what Lush is doing is taking 4 factions LGBT & reducing it to just 2 L/G You have to be 1 or the other. I believe they have what I call, An Apathetic Attitude.Because moderating such A room would be A task they don't want to deal with.

You're wide of the mark reagarding the mods, I know that.
My argument has always been about the heterosexual men that like to crossdress. Why should they have to go into Men's Room to find like minded guys.
On top of that, many gay and bi guys aren't in to that, it's a turn off for them.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes

a few things.

one. Lush is primarily a story site. it's grown into a social sexual community site over time, but it's primary function is publishing erotic stories.

two. Lush is run by one woman with the help of a handful of volunteers. all the tech/coding/programming changes are done by one man, without any assistance. there are a lot of projects in the works for the site, some are public knowledge, some are not. sometimes, you have to set priorities.

three. i'm a mod. I'm currently on sabbatical due to school. to some that might mean i'm not doing any work. i still do quite a bit - just not as much as i used to. most of the mods here spend a large portion of their free time working here, and very little time playing here. that's just how it is. busy, perhaps, but apathetic? i'm going to take the high road here and choose not to be insulted.

four. read Skunky's post. some of the member-made rooms have become pretty much as close to permanent fixtures as is possible over time. if it's really something feel so strongly about, then build it, and they will come.

sprite.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by sprite

a few things.

one. Lush is primarily a story site. it's grown into a social sexual community site over time, but it's primary function is publishing erotic stories.

two. Lush is run by one woman with the help of a handful of volunteers. all the tech/coding/programming changes are done by one man, without any assistance. there are a lot of projects in the works for the site, some are public knowledge, some are not. sometimes, you have to set priorities.

three. i'm a mod. I'm currently on sabbatical due to school. to some that might mean i'm not doing any work. i still do quite a bit - just not as much as i used to. most of the mods here spend a large portion of their free time working here, and very little time playing here. that's just how it is. busy, perhaps, but apathetic? i'm going to take the high road here and choose not to be insulted.

four. read Skunky's post. some of the member-made rooms have become pretty much as close to permanent fixtures as is possible over time. if it's really something feel so strongly about, then build it, and they will come.

sprite.

OMG It's like the whole Piss on my leg & tell me it's raining thing, All over again. You keep telling me to go into chat rooms that have nothing of interest to me. You want to lean towards an either or scenario, fine. If I don't like it build my own. Look if I want A hamburger I go to A Burger King. I don't build one. When I want to chat I go to A web site that has the kind of chat I'M looking for. I don't expect Long John Silver to start serving hamburgers just for me.I know just like Long John you have your own agenda, fine. I also don't expect Long John to tell I'M wrong for not eating fish or building my own Burger King.You don't want to admit that your bias, fine. You don't have to.You want to say it's my way or the highway, Fine. But don't get your panties in A bunch when I fire up my rig & head on down the road. As A professional driver I have spent A lot of years on the road. One thing it's taught me is, theres always another joint to check out around the next bend.I hope this will bring this ment to A close. Because quite frankly it's getting old fast.
Site administrator
0 likes
Trying to be helpful, I hope again, I have noticed that over the past few days one member has on each day created a room called (from best memory) CD's, Trans and TV's. Out of interest I popped in several times and whilst I never witnessed the room busy there were a handful of people there.
Candy Connoisseur
0 likes

OMG It's like the whole Piss on my leg & tell me it's raining thing, All over again. You keep telling me to go into chat rooms that have nothing of interest to me. You want to lean towards an either or scenario, fine. If I don't like it build my own. Look if I want A hamburger I go to A Burger King. I don't build one. When I want to chat I go to A web site that has the kind of chat I'M looking for. I don't expect Long John Silver to start serving hamburgers just for me.I know just like Long John you have your own agenda, fine. I also don't expect Long John to tell I'M wrong for not eating fish or building my own Burger King.You don't want to admit that your bias, fine. You don't have to.You want to say it's my way or the highway, Fine. But don't get your panties in A bunch when I fire up my rig & head on down the road. As A professional driver I have spent A lot of years on the road. One thing it's taught me is, theres always another joint to check out around the next bend.I hope this will bring this ment to A close. Because quite frankly it's getting old fast.

Then stick to that other whatsitcalled site you mentioned when it comes to chatting to people who like what you like. That seems like the easy solution.

Besides, you have totally derailed this thread and made it about your own personal issue..
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by simplyjohn
Trying to be helpful, I hope again, I have noticed that over the past few days one member has on each day created a room called (from best memory) CD's, Trans and TV's. Out of interest I popped in several times and whilst I never witnessed the room busy there were a handful of people there.

Well that could be a good reason to have a permanent room.
By the way, I saw that the Gallery had 3 people in it the other day. Is there a Monet exhibition on, lol.
Site administrator
0 likes
Quote by dpw

Well that could be a good reason to have a permanent room.
By the way, I saw that the Gallery had 3 people in it the other day. Is there a Monet exhibition on, lol.

ok that cracked me up

Nice one!!
Site administrator
0 likes
I thought I was trying to be helpful .. I give in on this particular one. You just cant please everyone .. sighs.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

I agree with you about the chatroom but not with attacking the Mods.
I don't mean that you shouldn't argue with them but keep it civil. All of them volunteer their time and there's a real person behind each name.
They can't change Lush, only the Matriach can do that. Although I know that she takes notice of the populace as well as the elite.