Baby drop off

last reply
3 replies
1.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Administration
0 likes
That's very sad indeed. Might even encourage parents to give their baby up rather than giving it a good go if it becomes that easy. As you say, it is better than them being left in a field somewhere. I don't know if it's a good or bad thing really
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Kat
That's very sad indeed. Might even encourage parents to give their baby up rather than giving it a good go if it becomes that easy. As you say, it is better than them being left in a field somewhere. I don't know if it's a good or bad thing really

I agree that it seems an incentive to give up the baby rather than care for it.

I suppose my impressions of Japan have been that family and ancestry is terribly important to them. The need to honour ancestors used to be paramount in their lives. But this seems to indicate a total turn around in attitude, especially as the news item refers to a recent spate of abandoned babies in parks and so on..

One's heart goes out to a three year old abandoned in this way, irrespective of the background to the father's decision. At one time I am sure his (or the mother's) family would have rallied round.

Poor little boy. How very sad.
Lurker
0 likes
While the father did what he probably thought was a good thing I have to wonder about that whole incident. Perhaps, in excusing the father I could say that he did what he thought was best or right. Maybe he was a single father and didn't have the means to support his baby? Maybe he had some other issues such as drug or other life changing addiction and in that case he did do the child a favor. Abandoned children are not something new. I can remember before abortions were legal in the States how babies would turn up here and there once in a while. How young women were being found dead with their insides torn up due to the back alley attempted abortions.

What is the best way?

I don't know. There are means to prevent pregnancies, there are ways to have a child and have it taken care of in a healthy and loving way, there are even abortions and 'after the fact abortion pills'

There are ways to prevent but I believe that most religions tend to impress their followers in ways that are not healthy. So many religious persons that should know better push for anti abortion, anti birth control, and anti anything that doesn't fit their 'beliefs' of what a person should be like. I often wonder what Jesus or Budda or any other prophet or leader of religion that had that 'direct line to God or Allah' would really do in these times.