Old lurker, new member

last reply
24 replies
1.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
I've been looking around here for a bit and decided to join up, mainly to engage in a little fun in the Forums but also as a place to put up some stories I've been working off-an-on with for a while.

I may be a bit brusk at times but if you get to know me you'll find out why - nothing to do with any of you (yet)

Toss me a message, play with me in the forums or just ignore me, I'm not worried.
Lurker
0 likes
I think you are not new here. You sound like u r challenging people.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by DirtyMindedMan
I've been looking around here for a bit and decided to join up, mainly to engage in a little fun in the Forums but also as a place to put up some stories I've been working off-an-on with for a while.

I may be a bit brusk at times but if you get to know me you'll find out why - nothing to do with any of you (yet)

Toss me a message, play with me in the forums or just ignore me, I'm not worried.

If you're an old Lurker then you were a member! Haha, anyone we know?
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
Quote by dpw

I'm sure what he means is he's been browsing the site for quite some time and has now decided to create an account here.

Anyhoo, welcome to the site DirtyMindedMan. I myself lurked off and on for over a year before creating my account.

I look forward to your posts and other contributions to the site. Your dirty mind is more than welcome here.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Sandrita48

I think you are not new here. You sound like u r challenging people.

Not a challenge, Sandra, just a statement of fact. I'm a bit jaded because of various things that have happened in my life, most notably in the last year, and pretty much have stopped caring what people think of me.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by dpw

Sorry, Derek, never a member before now - no reason to be on a site like this before. But circumstances change.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Dani

I'm sure what he means is he's been browsing the site for quite some time and has now decided to create an account here.

Anyhoo, welcome to the site DirtyMindedMan. I myself lurked off and on for over a year before creating my account.

I look forward to your posts and other contributions to the site. Your dirty mind is more than welcome here.

You got it, Danielle. I might be welcome here, but are you ready for me is the question, but based on your bio I think so
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by DirtyMindedMan

Not a challenge, Sandra, just a statement of fact. I'm a bit jaded because of various things that have happened in my life, most notably in the last year, and pretty much have stopped caring what people think of me.

How dirty is your mind?????????? lol
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Sandrita48

How dirty is your mind?????????? lol

Let's just say that I've been around the block enough times to wear a trench in the concrete.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by DirtyMindedMan

Let's just say that I've been around the block enough times to wear a trench in the concrete.

Ok! It looks like war... Good luck!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I was like that in 2012: been surfing and chatting on this site for so long, but had to wait for the right time to create an account. Welcome to LS and the forums though! Glad you finally decided to join us!

Matriarch
0 likes
"Interesting" introduction.

Suggested reading:

Lurker
0 likes
Had a copy of that years ago - burned it

Thanks anyway.
Internet Philosopher
0 likes
Well, welcome to Lush. This site is host to the most open minded and friendly gathering of diverse people I've had the honor to meet. Making friends here is as easy as you wish it to be.

Let that dirty mind soar my friend. We all have worn that trench in the concrete either in real life or just our fantasies. We welcome you to tell us more about yours.

Really, as long as it's about adults and no one gets hurt, pretty much anything goes. You are among like minded souls here.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Dani

Gosh, that was a long lurk, lol.
I was less than a week, if I'd have known about the site I'd have joined years ago.
What I meant was I classed myself as a guest rather than lurker. Then again it took me a while to figure out that lurkers were ex members, I can be a bit slow sometimes but not that often, lmao.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by DirtyMindedMan
Had a copy of that years ago - burned it

Thanks anyway.

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by dpw

Gosh, that was a long lurk, lol.
I was less than a week, if I'd have known about the site I'd have joined years ago.
What I meant was I classed myself as a guest rather than lurker. Then again it took me a while to figure out that lurkers were ex members, I can be a bit slow sometimes but not that often, lmao.

Different definition of Lurker then. To me, a Lurker is someone who just kind of watches from the outside fringes, never joining in.

Comes from my days on the old UseNet (alt.soc...., alt.rec...., etc)

If they got a different definition of Lurker here, I didn't know about it.
Head Nurse
0 likes
Quote by DirtyMindedMan

Different definition of Lurker then. To me, a Lurker is someone who just kind of watches from the outside fringes, never joining in.

I was a lurker for quite a while before I joined as well. My definition of the word was the same as yours, as I have only ever had this one identity.

Welcome to Lush, I hope you find what you are looking for here.
Blackbird Supernova
0 likes
Quote by naughtynurse

I was a lurker for quite a while before I joined as well. My definition of the word was the same as yours, as I have only ever had this one identity.

Welcome to Lush, I hope you find what you are looking for here.

Agreed. I did the exact same thing, just not for nearly as long.

Welcome.
Lurker
0 likes
Thanks for the welcome, ladies.

Naughty - mainly what I'm looking for is distraction - last couple years haven't been kind to me in various ways,

Evie - some of us take longer to make up our minds - comes with age I think.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by DirtyMindedMan

When you delete your account your avatar becomes the red anonymous male/female and the rank becomes lurker in all the forum posts you've made.
Head Nurse
0 likes
Quote by DirtyMindedMan
Thanks for the welcome, ladies.

Naughty - mainly what I'm looking for is distraction - last couple years haven't been kind to me in various ways,

Evie - some of us take longer to make up our minds - comes with age I think.

I think that many of us are looking for that distraction. Life has a way of kicking you in the teeth sometimes. I find that Lush is very good at distracting me from a lot of things(including my homework!)
Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by dpw

When you delete your account your avatar becomes the red anonymous male/female and the rank becomes lurker in all the forum posts you've made.

That is true, but merely how the forums were coded.

This is the standard definition, the OP has it right:

In Internet culture, a lurker is typically a member of an online community who observes, but does not actively participate. The exact definition depends on context. Lurkers make up a large proportion of all users in online communities. Lurking allows users to learn the conventions of an online community before they actively participate.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Maybe I should have lurked a bit longer!
Matriarch
0 likes
Well, I didn't like to say...