Russian Women's Curling Team

last reply
6 replies
1.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
I would like to know the ladies' opinion on the marketing of the women on the Russian Olympic Curling team. They do have some beautiful ladies on the team and they certainly didn't hesitate to use them for sexy photo shoots. Do you mind when an female athlete is marketed in this way?

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Certainly better than the weight lifting team...!
My Karma just ran over your Dogma
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Most attractive female athletes are marketed this way - Lindsey Vonn, Maria Sharapova, Danica Patrick, Ronda Rousey - to just name a few. They are sexualized in a way that male athletes tend not to be. I suppose it's par for the course with endorsements and sponsors. A hot girl that is also a world class athlete often bests just a hot girl with no credentials, so there's a cultural fascination there. Like "hey, look she's not just a hottie, she can also do XYZ on a world class level!"

The photo spreads for male athletes tend to feature them looking strong and physical - like alpha men. Females in the same sports tend to be in their bikinis on a ski slope, suggestively bent over or just straight up naked with their bits strategically hidden.

It doesn't offend me, as long as it doesn't offend the athlete. They know what they're doing though. More attention = more $$ and more opportunities that extend beyond your sport (ie. modelling, product ads, endorsement contracts, maybe even a parlay into acting). I can't blame them for taking advantage of it if they're able to - it's also something to fall back on when they're no longer competitive or at the top of their game.

Unfortunately if you're an unattractive female athlete, you don't get nearly the same treatment. You'd better hope your accomplishments speak for themselves. They tend to have a shorter shelf life or fade to black after their they retire from their sport. They will almost never become a household name or be known to those outside their sport's dedicated followers either. Nope, it's not fair, but that's the media machine.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll
Most attractive female athletes are marketed this way - Lindsey Vonn, Maria Sharapova, Danica Patrick, Ronda Rousey - to just name a few. They are sexualized in a way that male athletes tend not to be. I suppose it's par for the course with endorsements and sponsors. A hot girl that is also a world class athlete often bests just a hot girl with no credentials, so there's a cultural fascination there. Like "hey, look she's not just a hottie, she can also do XYZ on a world class level!"

The photo spreads for male athletes tend to feature them looking strong and physical - like alpha men. Females in the same sports tend to be in their bikinis on a ski slope, suggestively bent over or just straight up naked with their bits strategically hidden.

It doesn't offend me, as long as it doesn't offend the athlete. They know what they're doing though. More attention = more $$ and more opportunities that extend beyond your sport (ie. modelling, product ads, endorsement contracts, maybe even a parlay into acting). I can't blame them for taking advantage of it if they're able to - it's also something to fall back on when they're no longer competitive or at the top of their game.

Unfortunately if you're an unattractive female athlete, you don't get nearly the same treatment. You'd better hope your accomplishments speak for themselves. They tend to have a shorter shelf life or fade to black after their they retire from their sport. They will almost never become a household name or be known to those outside their sport's dedicated followers either. Nope, it's not fair, but that's the media machine.

Well said as always
Check out my profile & add me as a friend!

Heat up your day with my erotic stories:
My Opportunistic Neighbor,The Dorm Room Diaries: Tempting Terrell,
Claiming the Rear Entrance

The Linebacker
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll
Females in the same sports tend to be in their bikinis on a ski slope

Ash, I thought you you snow skied in a bikini. Don't tell me you don't. I'll be shattered.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
2nd pic is nice. simple and to the point.

1st pic screams retarded tryhard starving artist that likes titties.

not that there's anything wrong with titties, but still.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll

Boom! This! Perfect!
ISO sexy married women to fulfill their deepest desires... did i mention I love it really wet?