About Love

last reply
17 replies
1.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Hi girls, i am confused and had lot of discussion with friends, so would you tell is there "TRUE LOVE EXIST"...or its just infatuation or for sex....
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
Of course it exists. There's no set definition because it's different for everyone.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Lurker
0 likes
How could the idea be confusing? Of course it exists.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Dani
Of course it exists. There's no set definition because it's different for everyone.

With the divorce rate as it is I sometimes wonder if it does really exist. Maybe it exists but we don't undestand what it is. Is it meant to be transient or fixed, fleeting or permanent, unique or transferable?
If it is different for every single person does it really exist or is it a state of mind?
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Quote by dpw

With the divorce rate as it is I sometimes wonder if it does really exist. Maybe it exists but we don't undestand what it is. Is it meant to be transient or fixed, fleeting or permanent, unique or transferable?
If it is different for every single person does it really exist or is it a state of mind?

This!

I've wondered exactly the same things - no real answers (yet).

Plus the notion of "TRUE love" implies there's a lot of 'fake love' being spread around as well. I think of the number of times someone is in love and believes "this is it" and it's real, only to break up with that person at some point and a year or two later look back on the relationship and question the whole thing.

Some people throw the L-word around rather casually (they're in love with different people every month), so it can definitely be seen as a state of mind as well. I've come to the tentative belief that real and enduring reciprocal love exists but is rare and is best recognized with time. You have to get past the initial stages of infatuation and lust to really understand what you have - and in some cases, that might take years. In the meantime, for many people the 'love-drug' is a fun high, a fleeting yet temporary fix.
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
Quote by dpw

This may be a weird or even illogical line of thinking, but the divorce rate being what it is has always made sense to me. If I'm not mistaken, it's at around 50%. That's how relationships are. 50/50 chance that it will or won't work.

It doesn't mean the love wasn't there. Other things got in the way and it wasn't as strong as you thought. That doesn't mean that it was never real love. Just because you truly love someone doesn't mean you're meant to be together forever.

There are different types of love. When things come to an end, it doesn't mean the love didn't exist...it just wasn't the right kind of love.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Dani

This may be a weird or even illogical line of thinking, but the divorce rate being what it is has always made sense to me. If I'm not mistaken, it's at around 50%. That's how relationships are. 50/50 chance that it will or won't work.

It doesn't mean the love wasn't there. Other things got in the way and it wasn't as strong as you thought. That doesn't mean that it was never real love. Just because you truly love someone doesn't mean you're meant to be together forever.

There are different types of love. When things come to an end, it doesn't mean the love didn't exist...it just wasn't the right kind of love.

Yes the divorce rate today makes sense to me, the ease at which to get a divorce often means a couple will split up rather than trying to work things out.
I think love certainly does exist but, true love, I'm not too sure about. It's undefineable, therefore is it just a fantasy? I actually think that it does exist but it's a rare commodity and people are too willing to give up the search and settle for what's on offer, knowing that it's easy to move on if it doesn't work out.
Mazztastic
0 likes
Quote by dpw

Yes the divorce rate today makes sense to me, the ease at which to get a divorce often means a couple will split up rather than trying to work things out.
I think love certainly does exist but, true love, I'm not too sure about. It's undefineable, therefore is it just a fantasy? I actually think that it does exist but it's a rare commodity and people are too willing to give up the search and settle for what's on offer, knowing that it's easy to move on if it doesn't work out.

Also, there's not the same social stigma and pressure on couples to stay together no matter what...

Personally, I think that true love does exist but that, as danni says, that it can be transient... That doesn't mean that it wasn't love... Love can mean and be a lot of different things...
Lurker
0 likes
True love does exist..its just different for every person
Gold hearted fun loving Aussie Angel
0 likes
of course true love exists..... but there is no one formula...... it is as unique as each
individual
Lurker
0 likes
I think that...

love
true love
lust
infatuation
hatred
despise

they are all labels for feelings that you can't put a label on! Love is not cookie cutter... Just because you "loved" someone once and it didn't work out doesn't mean you didn't "love" them. It also doesn't mean that if you "love" the next person more, that it is a truer love, therefor making it "true love"... Call your feelings in a relationship anything you want, even make up cool words if you want. Just remember that they are your feelings, and no one can tell you that you are wrong...
Lurker
0 likes
I used to believe in true love.

Now I believe there is only one person who you can ever totally love unconditionally, without fear of loss, rejection or hurt.

That person is yourself.
Lurker
0 likes
i do agree that true love exist...i had many hours discussion on this topic. but ended up in disagreement...when you love some one why you want them to be perfect, beautiful etc etc...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I believe there is True Love. However in order for true love to work it has to be on the part of two people.What they refer to as finding your soul mate. Which is pretty much A one in A million thing,True love if one sided will eventually end in A break up.Or worse. Imagine staying with someone because you can't live without them even after you figure out that they don't feel the same way you do.At times it feels depressing to me that I have never felt such love for anyone.Then again I feel better when I realize how painful it would have been to loose someone I felt that way about.Or worse as I mentioned if it were one sided.As for infatuation which I have experienced,It too can be painful when it runs out,but not as traumatic. This thread is very similar to one I have posted in (The Think Tank) Titled "What kind of love have you got" You may want to check it out. As for the post by phoenix072 Nothing in this world is perfect.If your seeking perfection your setting yourself up for disappointment. You may want to check out another thread by olivia in personal/relationships called trashing your ex. It also contains similar posts.SgmdWCtErYjNbUa6
In-House Sapiosexual
0 likes
I do believe that real true love exists. Except, it involves more than most people are willing to put into it. That is why it is so rare. Love doesn't mean that you martyr yourself, but it does require sacrifice. There has to be a high degree of self knowledge and a true understanding of who the other person really is--not what you think they are or want them to be. Then, there is acceptance. Love is hard work and then again it isn't at all because you feel it is worth it.
? A True Story ?
Lurker
0 likes
True love is rare, but more rarely is to find your twin soul and to fall in love with her. When your love survive the first 8 weeks, then you enter a phase where you learn all aspects of her being and she returns this favor. To grow together and to build up a real relationship needs time. Beside our love grows our trust in each other day by day more and more. Another aspect of love means to learn fighting with each other for the best solutions too. Every fight brought us closer and made us stronger after. True love is nothing what falls from heaven, it is something you work everyday on it. This work will be not finished until I die.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
To me lust is just wanting that person in bed, it's a selfish feeling.
Love is wanting that person to succeed and be happy and seeing them just as important as you see yourself, a completely selfless feeling.
Lurker
0 likes
Thank you all for your feelings or thoughts about the true love.....it seems majority agrees true love exist, just that we need find it....have a great time everyone...