last reply
637 replies
22.4k views
2 watchers
26 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Hey beautiful Lushies.........

During the last couple of years I've let slip one of my favourite pastimes - reading books! Getting back into it now after missing it much.
Just post what book you are currently reading and even a little about it if you wish. It may give others an idea of what to pick up.

I'm currently reading a novel by the author of A Woman In Black - Susan Hill and I've seen both films, the original and the remake with Daniel Radcliffe, both are brilliant - the first with a lot of top stars in their early days.

The book I'm reading is called...... The Vows of Silence.

It's a crime novel about a serial killer gunman on the loose in a town.

Balloonmeister
0 likes
On my Kindle: "A Chain of Thunder" by Jeff Shaara, 2013. The second volume in the new 4-book US Civil War series. This story covers Ulysses Grant's campaign against Confederate General John Pemberton, leading to the South's crushing loss of the citadel of Vicksburg.

Have you ever had an "Airgasm"? Take a sexy ride in a hot air balloon and enjoy the view from a mile high.

Mile High Club in a Balloon
Lurker
0 likes

Knees Up Mother Earth is the seventh book by Robert Rankin in the Brentford Trilogy, as well as the second book in the The Witches of Chiswick Trilogy.
The plot centers on the efforts of Jim Pooley and John Omalley to save Brentford F.C.'s football ground from demolition as part of a satanic conspiracy to awake the serpent from the Garden of Eden. Many of the events in the book are based on a real campaign, in which Rankin himself was involved, to save the ground from being purchased by property developers.
The title is taken from the first album by Knights Of The Occasional Table, released in 1993. It is also a take off of the famous song "Knees Up Mother Brown".
Lurker
1 like
Just finished this one - latest in the Oregon series

About to start the latest Dirk Pitt which is

Yes, I'm a Cussler fan
Lurker
0 likes
This is keeping me company on a short trip now.x

Yes, it's a hard copy ;)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I just started reading The Game Of Throne series. It's actually really good. Slow start but after the first chapter it starts getting better smile
Lurker
0 likes
I've just started reading A book called 'Dead Cold' by Louise Penny, a Canadian author. It features a character called Chief Inspector Armand Gamache and is one of a number of books that Louise has written featuring him.
I've never read anything by her and it was one of three books bought in 'The Works' bookshop from their 3 for £5 offer by me and my Mum.

We always head there to see whats on offer, a good affordable way of building up your book collection and if the book doesn't hold much for you then the cost was very little. We also do well from the charity shops for books as they are often in perfect condition and Hardbacks can be bought for as little as £1.

God Empress of Lush
0 likes

A series of essays, aimed at undermining the arguments of those who claim that Shakespeare's plays weren't written by him at all.

22 February 2024 - How about a quick plug for one of my filthiest recent stories? It's all in the title - Naked Pool Party Swingers | Lush Stories Please read, comment and maybe give it a ❤️ - or even a⭐ if you really enjoy it! Thank you! Annie xxx

Lurker
0 likes
The First Phone Call From Heaven; Mitch Albom
Lurker
1 like
I have all 3 ... I am reading Ghost Moon
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Just finished reading Accidental Love by BL Miller and started reading Joise & Rebecca by the same auther.. so far so good.

Lurker
0 likes
D. Gabaldon-- Outlander series
Lurker
0 likes
Terry Pratchett - Raising Ssteam - enjoying it but not his best
Lurker
0 likes
Just about to attempt......

though if it's as hard going as The Brothers Karamazov, I probably won't endure, and it's back to the pulp fiction, lol.
0 likes
Not reading now, but have read and can't recommend too strongly. Absolutely fascinating and well researched series of the dawn of civilization.

Lurker
0 likes
Given up on Dostoyevsky.....like trying to swim through treacle.
Just started this last night...

The magician Merlin has intrigued people since his earliest appearances. Subsequent storytellers have expanded the legend of his life in interesting and contradictory ways. Robert Holdstock, who has previously dealt with legends in his "Mythago Cycle" has decided it is time to turn his own attention to Merlin's story, although years before Merlin connected with Arthur. Many of the mythic themes inherent in the Mythago books appear in Celtika as well.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The New Yorker (week of Jan. 27)

Syndy - I found the first third of D.'s "Crime and Punishment" quite cumbersome to slog through, however my patience paid off, and soon I was engrossed in maybe THE most riveting, page-turning thing I've ever read.
CurlyFries
0 likes
Quote by GardenerGuy

Syndy - I found the first third of D.'s "Crime and Punishment" quite cumbersome to slog through, however my patience paid off, and soon I was engrossed in maybe THE most riveting, page-turning thing I've ever read.

I've picked this up and put it down about a half dozen times. Can't keep the motivation going. I've also just stopped reading Catch-22. Not finished, just stopped reading it.

I think the internet has given me ADD for reading. Can't seem to finish a book these days.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by GardenerGuy

I may go back to it, Doug. I think it's something I'll need to approach with the right frame of mind. At the moment I don't have a great deal of time to read (she says after having been prowling the forum for ages ) so I've been grabbing works that aren't quite so "demanding". I haven't given up on old Fyodor...just moved him back in the queue.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
"Cryptography and Network Security" by William Stallings :P

Gold hearted fun loving Aussie Angel
0 likes
Mine to hold, Shayla Black
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Just finished Stranded by Blayne Cooper and started on Unbreakable by the same auther .. very yummmy

Lurker
0 likes
Just started re-reading.....

Lurker
0 likes
one of the best novels ever, made into one of the worst movies ever