Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Is there a Mod avaibale for a couple of questions?

last reply
12 replies
2.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Thanks!
"What is important is here and now. " - Chögyam Trungpa 1939 - 1987
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
probably one or two. what are your questions? smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Hi Sprite, thanks.
I have re-done that story that was rejected and I have been waiting for it to be verified. It's been over 24 hours almost.
Any chance of you taking a look? I hate to say the word "ignore" but I'm thinking maybe I pissed someone off because I've had to edit the thing a few times.
I'm not trying to be difficult, I promise. I have sent a few messages through the site and haven't heard back. Which lead me to think I was flagged or something.
Just askin...
Thanks!
The Linebacker
0 likes
There's no flagging. As long as you're giving it your best we're actually very excited to help. Sometimes the verification queue gets very long and it takes us a while to whittle it down. But we get to them as fast as we can. There are more of us than there used to be, so we're really getting them verified quicker.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by DeepBlue
Hi Sprite, thanks.
I have re-done that story that was rejected and I have been waiting for it to be verified. It's been over 24 hours almost.
Any chance of you taking a look? I hate to say the word "ignore" but I'm thinking maybe I pissed someone off because I've had to edit the thing a few times.
I'm not trying to be difficult, I promise. I have sent a few messages through the site and haven't heard back. Which lead me to think I was flagged or something.
Just askin...
Thanks!

for the record, just because we try our best to verify stories in a timely manner (other sites take much, much longer). here's how it works;. a story comes in, it goes in a que in the order it came in. gold members automatically go to the top of the que. we do our best to take them in the order received. were you flagged? no. that said, when a story is bounced several times for the same issue, sometimes we'll pull stories that we can approve quickly. you have to remember, if a story is returned 3 different times, that's just like doing 4 separate stories. that's 4 authors that we could have had up on the front page.

a few facts. an average story que is about 20 stories at a time - that means for every story we verify, a new one comes in, keeping it at 20. over the holidays, it was up to 47. on top of that, we had mods in and out, trying to enjoy their holidays. a few of us were up on christmas eve modding. some on christmas day. i love this job, i've been doing it for a long while now, and i love giving back to the site. that said, it's a hard job, it's time consuming, and it takes a lot of patience. think about it. 24 hours. it takes an average of 30 minutes to mod a story, sometimes more, sometimes a little less. we all have jobs, some of us have kids, we like to play on lush too on occasion. when we have time we even write.

what it boils down to is, be patient. your story will either be published or returned in good time.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Thanks guys. I was hoping that it was just a long queue and "oh here's that guy again..."
Appreciate it. I am patient, but I am also new and after have the same story rejected a few times one begins to wonder is all.
Cheers!
Lurker
0 likes
I have to say that the Mods are quite willing to work with someone. My first Short (Dark Knight) was rejected four times, and PM interaction with the mods was informative and quite pleasant.

Don't give up hope, DeepBlue - try, try again smile
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by ArtMan
The mods here are all volunteers who do a marvelous job. I think you'll find they are very pleasant and helpful.

until we kick down your door and beat you half to death for improper grammar. we take that shit seriously!

Nerdzilla
0 likes
Quote by sprite

until we kick down your door and beat you half to death for improper grammar. we take that shit seriously!

WUT?

0 likes
Quote by sprite

for the record, just because we try our best to verify stories in a timely manner (other sites take much, much longer). here's how it works;. a story comes in, it goes in a que in the order it came in. gold members automatically go to the top of the que. we do our best to take them in the order received. were you flagged? no. that said, when a story is bounced several times for the same issue, sometimes we'll pull stories that we can approve quickly. you have to remember, if a story is returned 3 different times, that's just like doing 4 separate stories. that's 4 authors that we could have had up on the front page.

a few facts. an average story que is about 20 stories at a time - that means for every story we verify, a new one comes in, keeping it at 20. over the holidays, it was up to 47. on top of that, we had mods in and out, trying to enjoy their holidays. a few of us were up on christmas eve modding. some on christmas day. i love this job, i've been doing it for a long while now, and i love giving back to the site. that said, it's a hard job, it's time consuming, and it takes a lot of patience. think about it. 24 hours. it takes an average of 30 minutes to mod a story, sometimes more, sometimes a little less. we all have jobs, some of us have kids, we like to play on lush too on occasion. when we have time we even write.

what it boils down to is, be patient. your story will either be published or returned in good time.

That's why I always thank the mod for verifying it, and working with me at times too.