Stuck in the friend zone

last reply
6 replies
1.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm not a vary out going person, I'm vary quiet till I get to know you really good. I've had a lot of close friends that are girls but none that want to go that step further they ALL say we ought to just stay friend. But I don't want that because If we just stay friends we will never see what could have been. I'm about to be 20 and never had a girlfriend or been on a real date. It bugs me but I know it kills my parents and my older brother. And I'm afrai that my yunger brother is going in the same direction as me and I don't want that for him eather.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I'm not sure how to help you as I tend to be very shy upon meeting people, but I've never really had a problem fining a boyfriend/girlfriend. The only thing I can say is that you need to open yourself up, try to break out of your shell. Maybe try a dating site? Ask a friend to introduce you to someone?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by semaj5
I'm not a vary out going person, I'm vary quiet till I get to know you really good. I've had a lot of close friends that are girls but none that want to go that step further they ALL say we ought to just stay friend. But I don't want that because If we just stay friends we will never see what could have been. I'm about to be 20 and never had a girlfriend or been on a real date. It bugs me but I know it kills my parents and my older brother. And I'm afrai that my yunger brother is going in the same direction as me and I don't want that for him eather.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well the first thing you need to know is. The only way to get over your fears is to face them.
Next thing you need to know is stuck in the friend zone is like stuck in limbo. She is playing with you.
She is either trying to spare your feelings or looking to take advantage of your good nature.Either way it's not going to end well for you. And while your wasting your time with her you could be missing your chance at finding A meaningful relationship with someone else.I hate to be the one to tell you this but.Nice Guy's finish last. I'M not saying you shouldn't be nice to women but when you get the definite signs that she's not interested in you sexually then bow out & move on. Last thing is get over your shyness just be direct & ask girls out on A date. Put rejection on A shelf it's like selling something door to door. You may have to knock on A lot of doors but sooner or later your going to make that sale. If A girl says no you've just knocked on the wrong door. Try next door.
There is one other suggestion I can give you that may help.You may be reaching too high. Don't go after the really beautiful one's at first, your not experienced enough. Go for just pretty you may have better luck. Besides With beauty comes vanity.You need someone interested in you. Not absorbed with themselves. Good Luck kid.
0 likes
just because a woman doesn't want to date you does not mean she is PLAYING you...ok

it just means that you both do not have chemistry and she values you as a person

as to your parents and your brother being upset you are not dating at 19?? and your brother is younger and you are afraid for him?

Some people mature later.

But I seriously doubt it kills your parents they probably dated later too

I mean I would want my son to date when he was READY not by a certain age

People "date" here way too young

As a parent of a son your age the thing I WOULD encourage you to do is to join activities

clubs schools sports

you meet people through that

but the best dates DO start off as friends

you just need confidence

is there something in your past that you need to talk about

do what you love what you are PASSIONATE about and then people will flock to you

and I disagree with nightman

I never went for the bad boys always the nice guys

don't change who you are to ATTRACT a woman

be a MORE confident version of you

love yourself...get out and meet people

don't look at every girl as a date but as someone to have fun with..ok
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Honey if ur in the friend zone you are stuck there. When I put a guy in the friend zone, he stays there
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by semaj5

Next time you are with a girl who has friend zoned you and she's all like "omg you're so cute and you listen so well, I'm so glad we are friends aww" and she gives you her purse to hold while she goes to the bathroom... Pick a guy out and and start some shit with him.[1] Tell him to stop eyeballing you or you're gonna make that pig he calls a girlfriend squeal. That should be enough to get almost any guy pissed enough to come at you. Make sure you time it just right so that when she comes out of the bathroom you are beating the shit out of this guy. Like straight gorilla mode.[2] Then when you walk out of the place with her you explain that the guy you beat up had said some really awful things about her as she was going to the bathroom. Things you just can't bring yourself to repeat. Next thing you know she'll be asking you to hold her purse as she hops on your dick.

1. Make sure it's a guy who isn't gonna kick your ass. That would be the worst case scenario.

2. (Optional) Ask if anyone else has anything funny to say.
Lurker
0 likes
Ok, this is a problem for a lot of people myself included. But the most advice I can give right now is to try getting comfortable talking to people and all that first then try starting a relationship with someone who doesn't think of you as just a friend. Or show the girls who friend zoned you why they should give you a chance to be more.