Very hairy guy - good or bad?

last reply
7 replies
1.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm posting this question for a good friend.

He is very hairy, some might even say extremely so. When we were in high school we joked that his real father must have been a werewolf or a sasquatch. He laughed but in hindsight it wasn't really all that funny. Anyhow he says it's due to some sort of androgen thing and because of it he grows a lot of hair all over his back, his chest and his arms. He used to get it shaved but he gave it up because it started making growing even thicker. So he says there's nothing he can do about it. The plus side of it is that he is also very well hung although I don't know how big he gets when he's hard but I assume he's pretty big judging by seeing him in locker rooms.

Anyhow my question is whether or not women think that a guy that is very hairy is a turn off or a turn on, or it doesn't really matter? Please be honest about how you feel because he has a hang up about it and I'm trying to understand if this is really a good or a bad thing from a woman's point of view.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Ok, I'm going to sound like I'm making huge generalizations with this one - but I think being hairy is an attractive thing among certain European countries?? Note that I didn't say *all*. But... when I go to an international beach, I often see a lot of hairy euro guys and their women seem totally fine with it. Cut to the typical North American crowd and the guys are all nearly hairless and in longer board shorts on the beach scene or they just have a light smattering on chest/arms/legs. So... it could be cultural too, hence there will always be many women who appreciate that 'manly man' natural look, so your friend shouldn't worry too much.

I have many male friends who have done the shaving/waxing thing. I have on occasion brushed against them when they're shirtless (in a non-sexual way) and was surprised by how prickly some of them are, particularly the ones that are doing *a lot* of shaving to be smooth. It makes me wonder whether it would be somewhat abrasive to get that full-body exfoliation during morning sex. There are obviously negatives to shaving.

If he's self-conscious about it, he could try sugaring/waxing and I believe they have some manscaping techniques now which will weed the hair so there's still some there but so it's not at full sasquatch level. Cutting down on it might make all the difference. There's also laser hair removal or things like that No-No (which I can't vouch for, but it seems popular) on the market.

Personally I prefer smooth-chested to just a light smattering. Back hair bothers me more than chest. That's just my personal preference and what I'm used to, and it's possibly culturally influenced as well. I'm sure there are plenty that love a hairy guy, so he shouldn't stress too much if he wants to stay natural. At the very least, I think having well trimmed pubes is mandatory in this day and age though.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I like my guys a little on the hairy side, chest, face, arms, legs. I've never been with a guy with a hairy back. The only place I don't like hair is around his package, nothing sexy about getting hair in your mouth.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I think, like everything else in life, HE has to be comfortable with how he looks. Nothing turns off a woman more than an insecure man no matter what his insecurities might be. And I'm sure that goes for women as well. Confidence without the cockiness is damn sexy.

More importantly, if someone is going to stop seeing him JUST on the fact that he may be a bit hairy than most men, then maybe that woman is not the one for him. Seems a bit shallow to judge someone JUST on some physical attributes that might not be their first choice. Being hairy isn't necessarily the first thing you see when you meet someone, unless you're on a beach or poolside. Getting to know someone usually starts with one's clothes ON. If two people hit if off, it shouldn't really matter. That's not to say that if a couple continues to date that a discussion about one's preferences won't come up in general conversation and/or tweaks in their physical appearances might not be entertained but I think it's only fair if/when BOTH are open to it rather than it being a deal-breaker situation. That's just cold.

And for the record, I'm one of those women who likes my men with hair, well groomed/trimmed hair, especially facial hair, but hair nonetheless.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Hair... yes I like hairy men. I have to say I have never really thought to much about it. I think really really hairy would be a bit much (back and so on) but I have no problem with it. If I find a guy sexy it really doesn't occur to me to "quantify" his hairiness once he is naked, I am normally to busy with other things.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Hairy chest is a huge turn on for me and so is an ass like a peach.
I had an ex boyfrind whose back I had to wax, which was fun for me but not so much fun for him!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Love facial hair. Something super sexy about. That being said I like facial hair thats taken care of and trimmed up. Now body hair is not a huge thing. Leg and arm hair dont bother me. Lots of back hair does, as does tons of chest hair. But honestly I think it depends on the women. Some like it. Some dont
0 likes
I like them hairy I like them smooth

I LIKE the man first

his brain his humor

his looks are always second to me

in the end we all age and end up not as lovely as we were as when we were young

but the brain..humor they only get better with age

embrace your fuzz

you are beautiful for you..are YOU