Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

There is already a topic of phobias? If there is not, we should confess: WHAT'S YOUR PHOBIA?

last reply
117 replies
7.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
I have to confess that it is as I suspect many will put...... Spiders
Site administrator
0 likes
Flying which is a real shame since I have the holiday entitlement from work and the money to travel and have holidays sad.
Story Verifier
0 likes
I used to be absolutely terrified of "Spiders."

At about 25 I was into power lifting and my max weight was 817 pounds. I was head desk clerk in a resort hotel in Oklahoma while going to college and got a call from a woman in one of the cabins. We were in 15,000 acres of state park and she said a big spider was on the door where her baby was and she was very frightened. She was afraid of spiders too.

No one was available except me so I left the desk with a helper, drove up and when I got there there was a screaming woman and a Tarantula on the upper panel of the bedroom door. That sucker was 7 to 8 inches in diameter and scared the living crap out of me. It took me 15 seconds or so to decide I had to do something and being afraid of spiders wasn't going to help. I took her broom and when I hit the door it literally punched the top panel out of the frame.

It was a female and what seemed like a couple hundred thousand babies were swarming everywhere. I ran in and grabbed the screaming baby and then her as I drug them out of the cabin, screaming, and spent several minutes brushing the little beasts off all of us. Took her back to the hotel and got them another room in the hotel. It took days to clean and fumigate the room.

The guests left the next day but the one good thing was I was never frightened of them again. At 71 now I don't think it'll come back. I discovered you can get over many things then, and it opened up whole new worlds to me.
I am always a gentleman.
Prolific Writer
0 likes
I do not like elevators especially when I am by myself. But I think it is more for safety purposes. But I always take the stairs whenever possible.
Lurker
0 likes
Being rejected (probably why I don't have many close friends) & small spaces
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Balloons but especially helium filled balloons! Hate them.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
SPIDERS!!!!.....oh and carnies......you know small hands smell like cabbage !!!!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I used to be terrified of clowns, they are just weird xD Oh and the dark too, Never really liked the dark Haha
Lurker
0 likes
Heights
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I am deathly deathly afraid of spiders of any kind! I can't even look at pictures of them in books!
Believe in yourself and all things are possible
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Haineko
Being rejected (probably why I don't have many close friends) & small spaces
You and millions of people! Sooo normal!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Ajax
Heights
I have muscles in legs that I just feel when I'm in high places. It's scary
Lurker
0 likes
I have hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia, coulrophobia, coimetrophobia, demophobia, hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia, and hoplophobia
0 likes
Take a couple of paracetamol, Fall, and you'll feel better.

I don't think I have any real phobias (unless they're going to bite me), but I'm not keen on slugs.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Fall
I have hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia, coulrophobia, coimetrophobia, demophobia, hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia, and hoplophobia

I, contrarily do not fear long words, clowns, cemeteries, crowds, or firearms. But I have had
hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia ever since I took Greek and learned about the meaning of numbers.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Seriously, I find roaches loathsome...is that fear?
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Aidin

I, contrarily do not fear long words, clowns, cemeteries, crowds, or firearms. But I have had
hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia ever since I took Greek and learned about the meaning of numbers.

Did you have to google that? If not that's rather impressive.
Lurker
0 likes
I'm ashamed to say since I was a child I got sick to see burned or disfigured faces. I was paralyzed and cold.And I used to spent weeks terrified Two years ago it disappeared naturally and I was amazed. HOW?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have like a phobia of crabs....as in the ones on the beach ~shudders~ there disgusting!!!
Awesome Lady
0 likes
I'm surprised no one has said snakes. I personally am not afraid of them, but spiders - shivers! Have a close friend that found one in the crevice of her front door and kept it, naming it Charlotte and giving me updates on it's egg sack.........urging me to come look! No. Complete sentence. Then she was thrilled when 20,000 of the little devils hatched and she captured them and took them outside. I have some strange friends.
And Fall - I bet Aidin didn't have to look them up or Google them; ask him.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by elizabethblack

I did ask him and he had to look up one of them.

And earlier I forgot to mention I'm tokophobic, arachnophobic, herpetophobia, acrophobic, claustrophobic, apiphobia, dromophobic, algophobic, ligyrophobic, and odynophobic.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by elizabethblack
I'm surprised no one has said snakes. I personally am not afraid of them, but spiders - shivers! Have a close friend that found one in the crevice of her front door and kept it, naming it Charlotte and giving me updates on it's egg sack.........urging me to come look! No. Complete sentence. Then she was thrilled when 20,000 of the little devils hatched and she captured them and took them outside. I have some strange friends.
snakes and even lizards paralyze me too
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by violetcrumble
I have like a phobia of crabs....as in the ones on the beach ~shudders~ there disgusting!!!

but they taste delicious
Lurker
0 likes
Being an Aussie it's hard to find something to be afraid of, as pretty much any wildlife can kill you, such as snakes(we have the deadliest on the planet) and spiders (the second deadliest (the Sydney funnel web)), but the point is over many generations we have adapted and aren't really afraid of much.

So I don't have a phobia
Lurker
0 likes
Being an Aussie it's hard to find something to be afraid of, as pretty much any wildlife can kill you, such as snakes(we have the deadliest on the planet) and spiders (the second deadliest (the Sydney funnel web)), but the point is over many generations we have adapted and aren't really afraid of much.

So I don't have a phobia
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by MrFrost

So I don't have a phobia
Since I knew that the kangaroo has two penis (bifurcated), never saw Australia with the same eyes. hahahaha
Awesome Lady
0 likes
And earlier I forgot to mention I'm tokophobic, arachnophobic, herpetophobia, acrophobic, claustrophobic, apiphobia, dromophobic, algophobic, ligyrophobic, and odynophobic.

Fall, you and Aidin are amazing!

I forgot to mention that math problems scare me to death too.BbiWZPjVhAhjXm0h
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by elizabethblack

Fall, you and Aidin are amazing!

I forgot to mention that math problems scare me to death too.1OxSphG4IT3I1PT8
Mathematics was invented by aliens