Login

Same old posts

last reply
5 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Does anyone else experience that sinking feeling when they connect here to the forum and find the same old posts that they have already answered from a couple of days ago?

I need to get out more.
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by Nyaeve80
Does anyone else experience that sinking feeling when they connect here to the forum and find the same old posts that they have already answered from a couple of days ago?

I need to get out more.

Yes, and even more when you answered them a couple of years ago. But for every old question, it's usually a newer poster, and they don't know. Therefore, I try to be polite if the question was asked politely, as I would like to be treated the same way. Unless it's a rule break (which I often respond to harshly, if I see it), that new poster might turn out to be a wonderful friend, or somebody lonely. You never know. Some people are just curious. One person recently asked a perfectly normal question about sanitary towels, and was initially ridiculed. But it was both a newer question, and a valid one, since they did not have to wear them. I was embarrassed by the response they got by rude people, but others got there before me with proper answers.

You don't have to answer the questions, but if you do, remember that it might be the person's first experience here.

Internet days are real-life hours, I've found. Especially over holidays, the forums can be slow to move along. It's at that point that I watch crap on Youtube or go and do something else, or take a break from Lush (days or weeks or months). When I come back, everything seems fresher.
Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Head Nurse
0 likes
Quote by Shylass

Yes, and even more when you answered them a couple of years ago. But for every old question, it's usually a newer poster, and they don't know. Therefore, I try to be polite if the question was asked politely, as I would like to be treated the same way. Unless it's a rule break (which I often respond to harshly, if I see it), that new poster might turn out to be a wonderful friend, or somebody lonely. You never know. Some people are just curious. One person recently asked a perfectly normal question about sanitary towels, and was initially ridiculed. But it was both a newer question, and a valid one, since they did not have to wear them. I was embarrassed by the response they got by rude people, but others got there before me with proper answers.

You don't have to answer the questions, but if you do, remember that it might be the person's first experience here.

Internet days are real-life hours, I've found. Especially over holidays, the forums can be slow to move along. It's at that point that I watch crap on Youtube or go and do something else, or take a break from Lush (days or weeks or months). When I come back, everything seems fresher.

This smile

Even this question has been asked multiple times before.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
See what I mean?

So does this mean we need to organise a search for original thread themes???
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
This happens all the time. In fact, there are even tons of posts like this one...asking why so many different people ask the same questions.

Most people are new and excited. This site has over 200,000 members...with over 1,000,000 posts in the forums. Things are bound to get lost and recycled. The search function doesn't cover everything.

But as I said, new people get excited and are just curious to ask things that have been on their mind. The last thing they think to do is do a search function. I've answered the same questions dozens of times. It's really no bother. And people always ask because there is almost always someone willing to answer. Others who don't simply move on...or express annoyance towards the question or the person asking the question...or both, which really isn't that necessary.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Well thanks for the info Slippery... but this was perhaps a little more tongue in cheek than you think anyway. Still thanks.