last reply
29 replies
2.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Hi,

I've edited this a couple of times to take stuff that can be construed as creepy out. Which, apparently, was most of it, along with my original avatar - which was my eye looking at y'all in what I hoped was a sexy, seductive way.

I'm a 40-something single, professional fella. I have a child from a previous relationship. I have a dry-yet-quirky sense of humour and I love to flirt outrageously with girls and women in real life (I have yet to successfully translate that trait to my activities in these forums though!).

What am i looking for out of these forums? Well, ultimately

But also
Sexual innuendo? I can keep it up all night.
Matriarch
0 likes
Your avatar is creepy.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Contemplater

I'm a single, professional guy. No, I'm not going to reveal much more of myself than that beady eye in my avatar to you random browsers - but please be assured that the entirety of me is really, really handsome! (Really? Yes, really!)
!

Umm first thought all women run, second thought

You might want to rethink your approach here, because a forum appeal casting a wide net, professing your handsomeness smacks of creepiness and desperation.
“If you find it hard to laugh at yourself, I would be happy to do it for you."
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Ouch!

But I take your point.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Can someone fetch me a shovel? I need to scrape my ego off the floor...
Mazztastic
0 likes
Oooh, don't take it personally...

We do see a lot of different approaches here, with varying degrees of success...

At least you didn't say "here I am cyber with me," or "hey gals, wanna see my cock?" or "I'm horny, wanna fuck me"

I agree that the AV is a bit offputting though...

Welcome to Lush!!

You know, you will have a great time here!!

Get yourself into the forums, interact with people, go into the chat rooms, read and comment on some stories... There are lots of ways to meet new people and make new friends...

I'm afraid though, being over 40, you're unlikely to be interested in me!!

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Mazza

His lose
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
It would be my loss Mazza, if it were a hard and fast rule. That's a little more like the sort of welcome I was hoping for/expecting. Cheers.

I've changed my avatar to something I hope everyone will find a little less disturbing (sheesh!) ... It's not me, but is someone who looks like me. Or so i'm told.

Haineko, I really like your avatar.

Yours too, Coco.
Mazztastic
0 likes
Quote by Contemplater
It would be my loss Mazza, if it were a hard and fast rule. That's a little more like the sort of welcome I was hoping for/expecting. Cheers.

I've changed my avatar to something I hope everyone will find a little less disturbing (sheesh!) ... It's not me, but is someone who looks like me. Or so i'm told.

Yours too, Coco.

Yup, that's a bit better, although it's hard to make out, had to peer really closely at the screen... My decrepit eyesight no doubt

Matriarch
0 likes
That's better. 5th Element? Great movie!
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Cheers! yeah, 5th Element is one of my favourite movies - It's enormous fun. Wish leeloo would drop into my life!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Contemplater

Yours too, Coco.

why thank you
Sergeant Turnip
0 likes
Quote by Contemplater
Cheers! yeah, 5th Element is one of my favourite movies - It's enormous fun. Wish leeloo would drop into my life!

Multi-pass!

Welcome to lush. You will have a great time here. Like Mazza suggested, get into the forums and have a look as well as the chats. Reading and commenting on stories is a good way to get to know people as well. smile
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Thanks, Saga! I am!
Head Nurse
0 likes
Hi, as the others have said, Welcome. We are mostly a friendly bunch, but many of of us are fairly frank, so we dont sugar coat things.

This works for me as I'm more of a salty than a sweet. *Passes you the bag of fritios*
Classified
0 likes
Quote by Mazza

At least you didn't say "here I am cyber with me," or "hey gals, wanna see my cock?" or "I'm horny, wanna fuck me"

Dam, there go my best lines!

Over 40! Still not that high an IQ!
Of all our inventions for mass communication,
pictures still speak the most universally understood language.

Walt Disney
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Contemplater

Or any of the other characters I've seen her as! Milla Jovovich is a hottie!
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I wonder if there are any Milla lookalikes on these boards...
0 likes
not anywhere NEAR milla nor young enough for you

but I like bruce willis

that is the first thing I thought

is hey I like bruce wilis

seen a HECK of a lot WORSE profiles

so rock on with your bad self
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Contemplater
I wonder if there are any Milla lookalikes on these boards...

Face it you ain't Bruce Willis either! LOL But, my guess is you'll find some photos of her around here. (I've got one in my album) Maybe someone will decide to use her for an avatar. I prefer that hot "samuri sword" fighting character she played (just HOTT nothin' but HOT!)
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Thanks, Sister! And you are *definitely* young enough for me.

Wardog - agreed!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Contemplater
Thanks, Sister! And you are *definitely* young enough for me.

Wardog - agreed!

Oh, I happen to have a couple of her on my profile page (as well as a few others you might enjoy too!) Go take a look at my gallery and album.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Welcome! I do hope you are enjoying your Lush experience!
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Thanks, Buttercup!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Contemplater
Can someone fetch me a shovel? I need to scrape my ego off the floor...

I saw your profile when you first started to post in the forums and the avatar was mad and the bio a bit odd but the pics were great. You're handsome and the beach view is stunning. Everything I've seen of NZ is just amazing scenery. Not bad at rugby either.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Cheers, DPW!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I know I'm a little late to the party. However I had to congratulate you to an amazing comeback story. You managed to go from weird and off putting to one of the best profiles. It's funny and what impresses me the most you don't take yourself too serious.
Mazztastic
0 likes
Hey, you done good, Contemplater!!

How are you enjoying lush, now that you've been here a while?
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Hey, thanks Dreamer and Mazza!!

Yeah, taking yourself too seriously is a seriously silly idea. I just try to be my usual affable friendly self and hope that works. It's just an online extension of my real life self.

I'm enjoying Lush. I have indulged in a few cybersexy dalliances on here, all of which have had limited success. One woman decided to get mad and started abusing me in a chatroom when I didn't give her my full attention (hey, I was chatting with someone else at the time). I had to end up blocking her. Another lady who I thought I was hitting it off with decided to abandon me (and this site entirely) for another fella, without so much as a "see you round..." And another really nice woman who I started chatting with .... well, it quickly became apparent she was using a fake profile, including using the Facebook pictures of one of her pals. I made the mistake of saying: "Hey, I know you are really xxxxxxxxxxxx, and I really like you for who you really are - you don't need to disguise yourself with me." Alas, that was the last I (and presumably the rest of us here) heard from her.

There's probably a few lessons in all that. Dunno if I have learned anything though. I'm still looking around for someone with whom I can connect with on the various cybersex/laugh at the world/talk intelligently/talk about any old crap levels ... I'll probably be looking for some time.

Unless she finds me first, of course! ;-)